Whole Foods Menu for Sat. 8/19

• Good morning!! I'll start :

Breakfast
    dutch muesli with yogurt, blueberries, walnuts, tea, o.j.

Lunch
    salad with romaine/spinach, caulf., tomatoes, sunflower seeds, parmesan, maybe some tofu

Dinner
    Nelie's curried veges (that looks really good) with rice

Snacks
    2 health cookies, popcorn, 1 piece dark chocolate, tea

Rhubarb
  • Breakfast
    Steel cut oats with chopped apples and skim milk

Lunch
    Big salad with roasted red pepper vinaigrette

Banana

Dinner
    Mediterranean Burgers made from millet, spinach, and other good things with olive ketchup (recipe from Eating Well)
    Roasted veggies - eggplant, peppers, onions in olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Fruit bowl
  • Quote: Dinner
    Mediterranean Burgers made from millet, spinach, and other good things with olive ketchup (recipe from Eating Well)
    So curious to see what this "olive ketchup" was I just now googled it in Eating Well. Yum... it sounds great! I think I will make this ketchup very very sooooooon.
  • Hmmm, I don't have much of a plan yet. I'm about to go out to the garden to see what's ready to harvest. We have a break in the seemingly never-ending rain, and I know it'll be a short one.

Breakfast:
    oatmeal with raisins, walnuts, 1% milk
    ww toast with whipped cream cheese (1 TBSP)
    coffee

Back with more.....

Okay,
    Snack: FF latte

Lunch: 1/2-3/4 cup leftover chile (homemade), salad with our lettuce and tomatoes, plus avocado. sesame ginger ff dressing, Crystal Light

Snack: cottage cheese with raspberries, tea

Dinner: Pasta with spinach and feta cheese (ff), beets, peas

I should go plug this into Fitday and see where I am. I just hate figuring out calories of homemade things though.
  • Breakfast
    Kashi TLC crackers and Laughing Cow light wedge (I was stuck at work and forgot to take anything)

Lunch
    Big salad with romaine, strawberries, mangoes, melon balls, shrimp and honey-lime dressing

Dinner
    Pizza made with homemade whole wheat crust, mushrooms, tomatoes, red onion and FF mozzarella

So now I need to go make the pizza dough so it can start rising! Suzanne, the olive ketchup sounds intriguing!! I am a big fan of olives!
  • B-1pancake w/2t syrup (stuck at a pancake bfst), coffee
    L-veggie pizza
    S-dark chocolate and tea
    D-3 C spinach, onion, cuke, pepper, feta, olives,and salmon, ry krisp w/ goat cheese
  • Grrrr...my alarm didn't go off this morning and I was almost late for work! So, I didn't get to pack a breakfast or lunch and didn't eat until 3:30pm! I feel so groggy and tired and have a migraine on top of it all! So...

Breakfast
    tea, tea & more tea

Snack
    mixed nuts

Lunch
    Boston Market turkey
    Boston Market stuffing
    Boston Market cranberry walnut relish
    Boston Market mixed veggies (broccoli, squash, zucchini)

Snack
    strawberry kefir
    cherries

Dinner
    turkey chili
    (onions, several types of beans, orange pepper, garlic, tomatoes, turkey)

Dessert
    dark chocolate
    chocolate soymilk

Total calories: 1485
    Total SuperFoods: 14 or so
  • Suzanne,

Did you put cooked or raw apples into your oatmeal? Did you cook them with your oatmeal or add them at the end? It sounds very good!
  • Yes, apples in oatmeal does sound good. I suspect you could chop it really small and stir it in the last minute or so. I cooked my oatmeal on the stove this morning (usually I do it in the microwave) and I like the texture much better. It's just that on work mornings it's easier to nuke it and do something else while it's cooking.
  • Quote: honey-lime dressing
    Did you make this? Can I sweet talk a recipe out of you? Sounds like it'd be good.
    (I checked the recipe thread but didnt see it)
  • Well eating right isn't easy when you're in the middle of a drawn out relocation and all your pots and pans are packed. lol

B: plain yogurt with a peach and raspberries
    L: a wrap with chicken and veggies, homemade salsa
    S: lg coffee, 12 grain bagel with light cream cheese
    D: See picture below, it was too pretty not to capture and yes I'm a nerd. Has a Mango vinigarette (sp) on it. Also sprouted grain flax bread with strawberry spread.
    S: maybe a bit of popcorn

• Okay, LadyNorth, THAT looks like beautiful, edible ART! It looks crisp and refreshing...and very, very healthy!

I'm a nerd too...I took a photo of a blueberry tart that I made! It was gorgeous!