3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Whole Foods Lifestyle (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle-209/)
-   -   books that encourage whole foods lifestyles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle/91330-books-encourage-whole-foods-lifestyles.html)

healthygal 11-18-2009 02:18 PM

I also love Clean Eating Magazine and Tosca Reno's cookbooks. A staple on my counter right now is her new one, Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook.

S.A.S.H 01-16-2010 09:37 AM

Add a new one to the List:

"Master Your Metabolism" by Jillian Michaels. Not only about wholefood/organic eating..but adapting your whole lifestyle that way.

mandymic 01-19-2010 12:48 PM

Definitely all of Tosca Reno's books!
I know they're not specifically 'whole foods' but eating clean is close enough!
The recipes in her new Eat-Clean Diet Recharged are AH-MAZING!! I highly recommend it :)
I also love Clean Eating mag...mmmm...I get hungry just looking at the pictures!

ladyblades 02-10-2010 04:16 PM

I love the book "The Healing Power of Whole Foods" by Beth Loiselle. 1993 softcover. ISBN #0-9637478-0-0

JulieJ08 02-10-2010 05:08 PM

"The Slow Down Diet: Eating for Pleasure, Energy, & Weight Loss," by Marc David.

The final page of the book:

* Before you test the chemistry of your body, taste your tears.
* Before you take a drug, meditate, reflect, and pray.
* Before you limit yourself with a diet, expand yourself with love.
* Before you lose a pound, gain an insight.
* Before you exercise, be still.
* Before you attempt to cast out a bad habit, thank it for its teachings.
* Before you harm yourself in thought, word, or deed, pause.
* Before you allow someone dominion over your body, awaken.
* Before you seek advice, remember your wisdom.
* Before you speak, make sure it's an improvement on silence.
* Before you're intimate with another, touch the sacred.
* Before you fall ill, catch yourself.
* Before you lapse into fear, choose light.
* Before you believe in a world absent of a Creator, give birth.
* Before you remember your divine purpose, celebrate its imminent arrival.
* Before you eat, give gratitude.
* Before you sit for long hours, dance
* Before you arise, bless everything.
* Before you sleep, do the same.
* Before you live another day, agree to be here in your fullness.
* And before you breathe another breath, choose eternity, choose love, choose now.

SpicySiren 02-24-2010 11:05 PM

"Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" its a great non-fiction book about a family trying to grow all of there own food and utilize local farms for there food. There are a few really great recipes in the book too! Illustrates also interesting info. about agriculture. Good Read!

loveAcat 06-28-2010 10:28 PM

I loved Michael Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma"! It got me started with organic foods... I also just ordered his "In Defense of Food" book - it should come in tomorrow :D

duckchick 07-14-2010 02:38 AM

I really enjoy Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson. The book, more than anything, shows you how whole foods can be incorporated into your daily cooking routine, and how they can pair with other ingredients in the kitchen. I also love The Flexitarian's Cookbook. LOVELY recipes!

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Natural-...9089307&sr=1-1

livb528 11-05-2010 11:50 AM

I have to third Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon and Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck. Nina is responsible for starting a lot of the farmer's markets in England. Both great books!

jillnicole03 06-05-2011 01:26 AM

I LOVE Dr. McDougall and all his books, I always have way more energy and lose weight on his plan.

RenayZ 07-05-2011 04:05 PM

The book "Ultimate You: A 4-Phase Total Body Makeover" by Joe Dowdell CSCS and Brooke Kalanick, ND, MS is a book that advocates changing over to an organic plant-based and organic, hormone-free protein diet, as well as getting rid of plastics that leach hormones into our foods. It's a great book! I'm trying it again...

justhamade 11-21-2011 08:55 PM

The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf was a life changer for me. He also has a ton of free info on his blog and does a weekly podcast too.

Everyday Paleo, this is a good cook book, especially for Moms and families.

Why We Get Fat by Gary Tabues, it is not a "whole foods" book but does have a lot of related info.

kuhrisuh 01-23-2012 06:47 PM

Forks Over Knives is a quick read with lots of information. TONS of recipes.

rkipper 02-13-2012 06:39 AM

Forks Over Knives - Lots of tasty recipes for someone who is new to plant based diet.

I also reccomend Engine 2 Diet book for the great recipes.

The China Study is a great book.

Misti in Seattle 11-18-2012 09:49 AM

Definitely Michael Pollan!

Food Rules

The Omnivore's Dilemma

In Defense of Food