3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Whole Foods Lifestyle

Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Super Foods Menus 8/2

Old 08-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #16
1 Hubby, 3 Kids...Help!!!

S/C/G: 235/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat
I've heard that roasted tomatos are good, too, but haven't tried them. I did try brussel sprouts roast, and omg, they are sooo good. I know I love the asparagus, but then I like asparagus anyway you fix it! I'm more inclined to roast veggies in the winter.
I usually love to grill my tomatoes...they caramelize and the flavor is just too intense! But, since it is over 100 degrees here lately , I decided to oven roast them instead. Not bad, but not as good as grilled ones! Not as messy as grilled ones, though...

I'm an asparagus junkie too! I used to hate it! Of course, that was when I was a kid and my mom cooked them til they were aspara-mush! When I started cooking them for myself, I tried oven roasting them and found that it helps them to retain some firmness and the flavor is intensified as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat
I'm eating my snack of cottage cheese/blueberries/raspberries right now. I like it more towards room temp than straight from the fridge. BUt I have a new brand of cottage cheese, and lf rather than ff, and what a difference! It tastes way better to me! I usually add a spoonful of DH's full fat yogurt to cottage cheese - it seems to help the texture as well as the taste.
Sounds really good! I just finished off the last of my FF vanilla yogurt and don't think I'll buy again. The texture of it is too watery for me and it tastes artificial for some reason. I bought the reduced fat strawberry yogurt from Trader Joe's, so I'll try that. You know, I'm finding that...

...I DON'T LIKE FAT FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE stuff.

Well, a fat free me would be nice!

MINI GOAL (SuperFoods and Calorie Counting):

ULTIMATE GOAL:

My weight loss blog: http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/butterfly28/
olivia627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #17
hara hachi bu

Default Wednesday SF

B: cherries, instant oatmeal (does instant count?)

L: Ryvita crackers, Laughing Cow cheese, mixed veg salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, pickles)

D: Chipotle burrito bol [black beans, fajita vegetables (onion, green peppers), roast beef, tomato salsa, corn salsa, red tomatillo, green tomatillo, romaine lettuce, sour cream]

S: Lindor dark chocolate truffle

I got in 9.

I'm wondering how to super-food my Chipotle. Swapping chicken instead of beef, and guacamole (avocado) instead of sour cream?

Last edited by phantastica : 08-03-2006 at 10:18 AM.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.