I have been trying to eat more healthy and searched for the list of super foods by Dr. Pratt. I thought I would share this list from the super foods website. Does anyone here try to eat any of these foods each day? I have been trying to get in something each day. Lately I have been on a frsh blueberry kick with my oatmeal.
Also are sweet potatoes and pupkins close enough to be consider having the same benefits?
The following is cut and paste from the website:
SUPERFOODS RX focuses on foods that are high in micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients) instead of macronutrients (fats, carbs, proteins).
The fourteen SuperFoods and their possible benefits:
– lower cholesterol, combat heat disease, stabilize blood sugar, reduce obesity, relieve hypertension and lessen the risk of cancer.
– lower the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, and help maintain healthy skin to reduce the sags and bags brought on by age.
– boosts the immune system, lowers the incidence of cataracts, supports cardiovascular health, builds bones and fights birth defects.
– lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of coronary heart disease & Type II diabetes, high in fiber and protein.
– support heart health and prevent cancer, stroke, diabetes and a host of chronic ailments.
– helps lower the risk of various cancers (lung, colon, bladder, cervical, skin, and breast) and supplies nutrients necessary for healthy, youthful skin.
- lowers the risk of heart disease and cancer.
– helps prevent cardiovascular disease, cancer, and osteoporosis, and helps relieve menopausal and menstrual symptoms.
– decreases the chance of cardiovascular diseases, a host of cancers, age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
– boosts the immune system, helps prevent cancer and osteoporosis, lowers the risk of stroke, promotes cardiovascular health.
– lower the likelihood of cancer, raise the skin’s sun protection factor and seem to play a role in preventing cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
– a perfect example of a Twenty-First Century "healthy" protein source, extremely low in fat, and provides multiple nutrients which help build a strong immune system.
– reduce the risk of developing coronary heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
– promotes strong bones and a healthy heart, another health promoting protein source, and a great source of calcium.
Here is the website: