3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Whole Foods Lifestyle

Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:53 AM   #91

S/C/G: 244/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Happy 2018, Magistra & congrats on your success! Thanks for sharing so much about your woe & delicious-sounding recipes!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:10 AM   #92
There's always tomorrow!

S/C/G: 196/172.6/145

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Sundove Hi! Happy New Year! So happy to see you hanging in there! I wish you much success and joy in 2018!

Last edited by magistra17; 01-04-2018 at 01:24 AM.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:34 AM   #93
There's always tomorrow!

Today the sky was gloomy with clouds and it was dark all day. This set me in a mood for the day and I couldn't shake the tired feeling and gloomy mood. Around 5pm I got a little burst of energy and decided to make waffles for dinner. These were grain free, dairy free, and sugar free. They were absolutely divine, the perfect comfort food for my mood, and my family loved this for dinner. I didn't eat anything with the waffles except butter and a little organic maple syrup, but some of my family added berries and bacon.

Here is the waffle recipe that I used. In order for this to be a true plant paradox recipe, just switch the almond milk to coconut milk. Otherwise this is perfect: http://nurturemygut.com/best-gluten-...es-paleo.html/

Today's menu:
B: flax-seed muffin with a little maple syrup, one green banana sprinkled with cinnamon, coffee with coconut oil and cream
L: 3 pieces bacon, one whole avocado, a big serving of collard greens
D: grain free waffles, maple syrup, butter, green ginger tea

Old 01-05-2018, 12:19 PM   #94
There's always tomorrow!

My weight jumped up 1.6 this morning. I think the gain is coming from swelling. My left shoulder and right foot have been giving me trouble and I can feel swelling in my heel. I might have unseen swelling somewhere else. I have a little headache this morning, which could be from lack of hydrating--always a problem with me.

I started using an energy light and I don't know if it's helping or hindering. The sun is out today so I'm just going to make sure I go outside and get some sun.

I didn't do so well with my woe yesterday. I felt unfocused and emotional. I ate too much protein, too many sweet things, not enough veggies, and no greens. I also did not take all of my supplements.

Yesterday's menu:
B: flax-seed muffin with a Tablespoon maple syrup, one green banana sprinkled with cinnamon, two slices of Applegate organic humanely raised ham, mushroom coffee with 1T MCT oil and cream
L: one whole avocado, 3 slices Applegate organic bacon, 1/2 of a Quest bar, 5 medjool dates
D: 2 slices almond bread with butter and a drizzle of honey, 1/2 of a Quest bar, handful of olives, handful of pistachio nuts, 1 square of 72% dark chocolate

Despite all of this, my mood is good and I'm ready to try again today.

Last edited by magistra17; 01-05-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:51 AM   #95
There's always tomorrow!

Today was definitely better than yesterday. I went out to dinner with a friend to a sushi restaurant. Since I do not eat soy, I did not use soy sauce on my food. I don't eat nightshades so I took the tomato slice out of my salad. I ate exactly one bite of white rice. The rice was a bit of a cheat, since it was probably not pressure cooked. Pressure cooking the rice cooks the lectins out. The miso soup did not have tofu in it and I asked that they not put any crunchies in it either. It was a very good dinner out and very plant paradox friendly. I felt satisfied but not stuffed. Afterwards we had an Americano coffee with heavy cream at Starbucks. It was the perfect dessert.

Today's menu:
B: flax-seed muffin with 1 T. maple syrup, one green banana with cinnamon, coffee with MCT oil, manuka honey and coconut cream
L: sardines, romaine and avocado with evoo and vinaigrette dressing
D: tuna, yellow-tail, and salmon sashimi, wasabi, fresh ginger, lemon, shredded daikon radish; iceberg lettuce salad with purple cabbage, carrots and ginger vinaigrette dressing; miso soup with scallions (no crunchies), white rice and hot sake, coffee with heavy cream

Last edited by magistra17; 01-06-2018 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:33 PM   #96
There's always tomorrow!

Today was productive. I popped out of bed at 7am and got right to work. I'm prepping for back to school which starts in 3 days. And I'm also trying to clean house while I still have the chance. I got a few emails from students and parents this weekend, but decided I am not going to reply until Monday. My job could be 24/7 if I'm not careful. Part of the reason I gained so much weight was because I was so busy taking care of everybody else, I wasn't taking care of myself. It took me a while to learn that nobody is going to take care of me but me.

Today's menu:
B: flax-seed muffin, coffee with MCT oil and cream
L: Quest chocolate chunk power bar, handful of pistachios (I just couldn't figure out lunch today)
D: grass-fed hamburger patty, almond flour and flax-seed bun, mustard, big romaine salad with evoo and balsamic vinegar, handful of green olives, 2 squares 72% dark chocolate, one glass of red wine.

Last edited by magistra17; 01-06-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #97
There's always tomorrow!

My weight is still up a little. It hasn't climbed. It's staying the same, but I do feel a bit of a headache and some sinus pressure. I'm going to drink a lot of water today and run my humidifier. I think I will also limit sweets (maple sryup, honey, medjool dates) this week. I started out the morning with some maple syrup on my waffles, but I intend to make a serious effort to cut all sweets for a few days at least. Let's see how that goes

B: grain free waffles, butter, maple syrup, mushroom coffee with MCT oil, heavy cream
L: small slice of almond/flax-seed bread with butter, one green banana, Quest power bar
D: spicy shredded chicken thighs on a big bowl of shredded cabbage, topped with sour cream, and sriracha sauce

Last edited by magistra17; 01-08-2018 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:59 AM   #98
There's always tomorrow!

I've had a rough week. Work was hard this week. After the first day of teaching, I slept for three hours in the early evening. I don't even remember what I did for dinner. I don't think I made dinner for three days. On the spur of the moment, I went to a friend's house last night and she fed me an arugula salad, broiled Petrale Sole, and red wine. It was a perfect dinner and it was so nice of her to cook for me.

Today's menu:
B: flax-seed muffin, three pieces of bacon, coffee with MCT oil and cream
L: big bowl of power greens with avocado, evoo and balsamic vinegar.
S: pecans, dark chocolate
D: tacos, homemade grain free tortillas, grass fed ground beef, shredded green cabbage, sour cream, sriracha sauce, red wine

Last edited by magistra17; 01-13-2018 at 02:00 AM.