Question about the sprouted bread

• After reading the thread about what bread do you use, I went out and bought some of the flax seed sprouted bread, which I really enjoy. It was sold in the freezer section, so I've been keeping it in the freezer at home, but have a hard time separating the bread so I can put it in the toaster. Am I allowed to defrost it? Or will it go bad? Between dh and myself we go through a loaf in about 5 or 6 days.
  • I've read that you must keep it refrigerator or frozen to prevent spoilage. I would stick it in the refrigerator.
  • If you go through it that fast, I'd definitely put it in the fridge. I grew up with all of my bread in the freezer, so I always put mine in the freezer (including sprouted grain back when I ate bread).
  • It's in the freezer at the store when I buy it but as soon as I get it home I store it in the refrigerator. Usually takes me 1-2 weeks to go through the loaf and it's still fresh.
  • It's irritating, but you could go thru and wrap each piece of bread or pairs of bread into its own plastic wrap in the freezer. Doesn't save on plastic, but it does prevent them from freezing together.
    Else, just microwave the entire loaf every time you need to peel it apart. Microwave it as little as possible, only to the point you can unpeel it.
  • I keep the Ezekiel sprouted grain that is sold in the freezer section in my refrigerator. I put it in the fridge as soon as I get it home. Haven't had any problems and it is so much easier than prying the frozen slices apart!
  • I always store any bread in the fridge. Ezekiel is sold in the freezer but doesn't have to be. I make my own 'sprouted grain' bread and store it in the fridge.