3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Whole Foods Lifestyle (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle-209/)
-   -   Local Farmer's Market! Awesome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle/260743-local-farmers-market-awesome.html)

HealthyMeWannabe 06-09-2012 09:00 PM

Local Farmer's Market! Awesome!

Yesterday at work my mom e-mailed me an article she found in our local paper about a new farmer's market that was opening in town. We went this morning. It was small but I was still able to buy some home grown fresh produce! I spent a grand total of $10 and bought some local honey, lots of squash, and four peppers. We stuffed the peppers for dinner and they were delicious! I can't wait to go back next Saturday and get more. As the season goes on I am sure there will be a greater variety of veggies there. This will be really great!

toobig 06-10-2012 07:09 AM

The one in our area started small but now is wonderful. You can get everything from fruit to grass fed beef.

HealthyMeWannabe 06-11-2012 06:05 AM

I am looking forward to what they will have next week when I go.

Today for lunch I took the squash and peeled it and sauteed it in a pan with garlic and onion powder, a touch of salt, and some cracked black pepper. I diced up half of a chicken breast and cooked it as well. Then I put that in a container, topped it with some spaghetti sauce and a little grated parmesan cheese. I can't wait to try it at lunch time! It smelled fantastic while cooking!

I really hope the pepper lady has more when I go back! Those were awesome!

McMurphy 06-15-2012 03:12 AM

I love produce stands! I used to love asparagus when I was little but for some reason grew to hate it as I got older. Now I've been eating it again for the first time in years, roasted with olive oil and sea salt. I love how crispy the buds get in the oven :)

sensualappeal 06-29-2012 06:41 PM

Awesome! I love farmer's markets. Unforutnatley, I live in downtown Chicago and the one that we have here is freaking EXPENSIVE :(

mountain mama 08-28-2012 09:27 PM

farmers markets make my heart pitter patter! My DF and I are hoping to put somethings in it next year ( we grow a moderate garden and he does a lot of wood work and whatnot) But anyway.. I go there before grocery shopping every saturday. I don't know, but I just feel healthy and better cooking local, more natural food! YUMMY!

canadianwoman 10-20-2012 01:21 AM

Farmer's markets are the best and I am fortunate that there are 3 of them that I know about in my city.

pluckypear 10-25-2012 02:58 PM

I go to a farmers market regularly. However being in the city I find it is quite expensive compared to when I go to markets in small towns or from roadside stands.
This being said it is worth paying more. I would rather buy organic steak from a farmer that can tell me about the meat/cow and so forth. I just eat steak less often. :) Some things are more then fairly priced in season as well.

Keep Moving Forward 03-10-2013 10:18 PM

I love my local farmer's market, & I can't wait for it to open back up in June. I love stocking up on blueberries and strawberries, as well as goat milk soap. We have hundreds of vendors so I can always find good stuff.

Skinnygirldreams 03-10-2013 10:27 PM

I'm quite excited to hit up a farmer's market this spring. Now that I am living in a small town they have them in my area. :)