Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 148/144/120

Height: 5'2"

I bought a Breville from Best Buy for 149$ and I love it
Ajohnson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 270/219/140

Height: 5'5

I'm new to juicing(could never really afford to buy one), But the local Canadian Tire by my place has the Hamilton beach Big mouth juicers on sale for half Price and I'm picking one up in just a few days !! I'm so excited to juice some granny smith apples and some red delicious for some delicious pure apple juice. I plan on keeping a lot of the pulp from the veggies i plan on juicing for home made soups and a lot of the fruit pulp for muffins and such.
MizMelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #18  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Try carrot + apple in the big mouth. It's one of the favs around here.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 270/219/140

Height: 5'5

Yeah ? It sounds really good ! The last couple of month i've been taking a lot of the processed foods out of my diet , As of tomorrow almost all processed sugar will be taken out of my diet and i'll be eating pretty much all fresh whole foods. I just can't wait to get my juicer on wednesday, I normally drink 2-3 cups of coffee first thing in the morning with granulated sugar/flavored coffee cream for a bit of a jump start, but I've stopped drinking it for 2 days so far and I'm going to use my juicer first thing in the mornings to substitute for the coffee i used to drink.

Any other good combinations ?
MizMelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #20  

Which one though for both greens and fruits? I'd like one that would liquify things like kale, spinach, etc.. as well as fruit.

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:22 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 322/299/180

Height: 5'11"

I use the Black and Decker Juice Extractor. It was $33, including tax, at Walmart. It handles all fruits and most veggies, but I found kale has to be removed from the woody stem.
gettingmygymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

freshly juiced golden delicious apples are so yummy! I have a Breville that was 150 dollars. It is so cool. I dont even have to cut the apples up and it juices them in seconds.
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #23  

Height: 5'8.5"

This is an old thread but wanted to share. At the recommendation of a friend, I just bought a Jack la lannes power juicer at Costco for $90. Made my first batch and it is fantastic!!! I love the thing already.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #24  
it's always something

Misti, I also have a Jack LaLanne juicer and I'm happy with it. I'm not sure which model you have, but this is the one I have. My mother bought it from the commercial and never used it, and gave it to me. The only problem I've had with it has been with leafy greens that want to shoot out the back without juicing properly. I just scoop up the pulp from the container and run it through a second time and it gets the greens along with any juice that might not have been extracted the first time around. Overall, the pulp is usually pretty dry because it does a good job.

I don't juice very often, though. I live on mainly vegetables and fruits, and I like to eat them as food instead of a beverage.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #25  

Suzanne, thank for the info. Mine is called the Ultimate Power Juicer. Had I known there was a nicer one I might have sprung for that, as generally it is worth it.

Thanks for the suggestion about running the pulp through again. The pulp on mine was pretty dry too but would not hurt to get out more of the juice.

I eat a lot of raw fruits and veggies too but thought this would add something "different" and new for a change.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #26  
it's always something

I agree, it's nice for a change. I really love carrot apple juice with a big chunk of ginger
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #27  

I will have to try some simpler stuff LOL. I used pineapple, oranges, lime, celery, carrots, zucchini, cucumber, mixed greens, red and yellow bell pepper, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. It's good stuff though LOL. Talk about a mess in the kitchen! They are right that if you are not careful to get the "pusher" in quickly enough, it will splatter all over the place.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDeian View Post
I also bought the brevelle juice fountain after watching "fat sick and nearly dead". I found the entry level one for $100 at the j&r website.
I also watched the video and did some research on juicers. I picked the Breville Joe recommends on his website and I've been using it for about a month now. I like it very much and it is super easy to clean. What sold me on this was the extra large feeder mouth. You really can put a whole apple in it!! I have noticed that Kale does not produce a lot of juice and I don't know if that's the blender or the vegetable itself. I've made Joe's Mean Green Juice 3 times now and sip it throughout the day at work. My refridgerator as never looked so healthy!!

Pam-new member
papmom35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #29  

Hi Pam

I just googled the Breville and it does look nice! LOL I can't say mine is easy to clean but I do like the juice it makes. Glad you are enjoying yours too!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
I agree, it's nice for a change. I really love carrot apple juice with a big chunk of ginger
I also really like it because I have a problem with letting produce go bad before I can use it all. Now I will just start throwing it into the juicer.

I also plan to freeze some for sorbet