Meals on the go: suggestions

• hi i just thought i would post and see if anyone has any good ideas. Im just getting started again and trying to take some weight off in a healthy way. I love organic and whole foods.

Recently Ive tried some of the Kashi frozen meals and I really like them. They taste great and the protein/carb/fat ratio is good for me. However i dont like that they have to be microwaved. Im not a big fan of microwaving and just thought i would see if anyone else has tried any meals that are maybe steamed etc.

i love to cook too but I live alone and when im on the go and trying to eat healthy i would like to have some frozen or fast options that work

thanks
  • I thought eating "whole foods" was about making your own meals with real ingredients?

I make bulk meals every week in the oven/crockpot so I have fast meals that can be reheated in the microwave or in the oven, or simply eaten cold. It's tough eating well in such a busy world!
  • Hi thanks to you both for the feedback.

sdarling, i do the crockpot thing too sometimes. thx good to remember to do that.

Kara, yeah i have a kitchen, stove, microwave etc, but Im just not a big fan of microwaving food, it takes alot of the nutrients out and breaks down the food. I know Im totally in the minority, everyone uses a microwave and I do too sometimes, just prefer not to. I didnt have one for about the last 10 years and just got one again about a year ago. Mostly for this reason. Sometimes I need a break from cooking all the time and like to have some organic healthy options.

Just thought maybe the whole foods thread might find some answers.

thx again, open to feedback