3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Whole Foods Lifestyle (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle-209/)
-   -   Soy, almond, rice milk... which one? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle/234981-soy-almond-rice-milk-one.html)

katkitten 07-22-2012 10:32 PM

I'm another unsweetened almond milk fan. I put it in my coffee whenever I am home in the mornings. It only has 35 calories!

I was a cow milk drinker up until a few months ago. Then I switched, mainly because I was trying to reduce my calories. I texted my friend who has been trying to get me to switch for years and said " you have converted me to almond milk" and he said "oh no! how will I ever hug you again!" hahaha anyways this thread made me think of that :)

ringmaster 07-23-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenor77 (Post 4040992)
Nut milks are super easy to make. You just soak raw nuts and then blend them. Cashew milk is yummy. Especially with a vanilla bean added. You do need a good blender to use the vanilla bean though.

I seen people doing that on TV... wouldn't almonds blended to make milk be high in fat and calories? Compared to the commercial almond milks only being about 35 calories.

ValRock 07-23-2012 02:54 AM

None of the above! Coconut milk! YUM.

katkitten 07-25-2012 02:10 PM

just trying coconut milk for the first time today. omg it is like a desert! (I added some splenda lol)

MishyD 07-25-2012 10:02 PM

I am an unsweetened almond milk girl. I have never tried coconut milk, I think I better. lol

Tifftastic05 07-28-2012 11:05 AM

I like Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla almond breeze, and unsweetened almond coconut breeze the best. So good!

LAgreeneyes 07-30-2012 02:56 PM

I mix both almond and coconut milk together. Yummy !

fresh15again 08-02-2012 01:19 PM

I tried soy milk years ago and thought it was gross. However, my roommate drinks unsweetened almond milk. I gave it a try and couldn't believe how yummy it is for only 35 calories. I'm a convert too! Mmmmm...

pixiefalls 08-02-2012 08:54 PM

I really like Almond milk.. You can get sweetened or unsweetened. Even vanilla flavored. I've tried soy milk, but I'm not a big fan of the flavor..

mngurl 10-09-2012 02:28 PM

I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk or unsweetened plain almond milk. Soy milk is a little too gritty for my taste and rice milk is very thick/sweet.

LAgreeneyes 10-09-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mngurl (Post 4492852)
I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk or unsweetened plain almond milk. Soy milk is a little too gritty for my taste and rice milk is very thick/sweet.

Sounds like I would like rice milk since it's thick and sweet. Is rice milk on the grocery store shelves or in the cooler section?

ugogurl 10-09-2012 02:46 PM

I have tried them all, and sadly I love them all so it's hard just to pick one. But depends on what you might want to archive (aside from a low dairy diet), you will have different consideration. If you want to lower your testosterone level, then go for soy milk. Almond milk is rich in calcium, however you don't want to consume it regularly, it can cause kidney stone (unless your bone density are way lower than normal). Rice milk has less protein, but it tastes great anyway.

masterptr 10-09-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 170starting (Post 3884599)
I ♥ Almond milk. I have it everyday! :D

me too!
but I like it sort of sweet.
I don't drink it every day.
just on the days when I crave it.

healthyangie 10-09-2012 03:24 PM

I'm using the unsweetened almond milk right now but want to try the coconut. The label on the coconut is daunting as the fat content is very high!

Suzanne 3FC 10-09-2012 05:52 PM

I also love the unsweetened almond milk! I use it in smoothies or oats. I saw hazelnut milk at the store recently, but I haven't tried it. It sounded so delicious that I felt it was in my best interest to never try it :)