3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Whole Foods Lifestyle (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle-209/)
-   -   Pumpkin butter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle/197309-pumpkin-butter.html)

suzan 03-21-2010 05:00 PM

Pumpkin butter

Does anyone enjoy it?
OMG, I made some at home and I love it!
I pour some on my protein pancake batter and also top Greek yogurt with it, DELISH!

Glory87 03-21-2010 06:21 PM

I love it. I like to heat a couple of tablespoons in the microwave and then dip a ripe banana in it. I also like to put it on my roasted butternut squash.

fruitlady 03-21-2010 06:32 PM

Pumpkin butter sounds good, never had it. How do you make it?? I would love to try in greek yogurt or with a banana like you chicks suggested. Sometimes I open a can of natural pumpkin,add cinnamon and all spice and warm it up for a quick dessert or snack.

Heidi58 03-21-2010 06:32 PM

I was just drooling over this pumpkin butter recipe from Iowa Girl Eats.

I don't have any pumpkin in the house or I would have made it this afternoon.

Dab52776 03-22-2010 07:10 AM

Heidi... Thanks for posting the link! It looks delish, and I will be making it soon ;)

Glory87 03-22-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fruitlady (Post 3211238)
Pumpkin butter sounds good, never had it. How do you make it?? I would love to try in greek yogurt or with a banana like you chicks suggested. Sometimes I open a can of natural pumpkin,add cinnamon and all spice and warm it up for a quick dessert or snack.

I just buy it. Trader Joe's has a yummy version that's reasonably inexpensive.

DianaG 04-09-2010 09:28 AM

Love the recipe! Thank you for posting it.

BillBlueEyes 04-09-2010 09:48 AM

Late to the party, but I love Pumpkin Butter. Also get mine at Trader Joe's, where, like everything they sell, it's seasonal and you gotta grab a few jars when it's available.

DW puts just a dab on Delicata Squash when she roasts it - it's already really good and this addition makes it to-die-for.

Jane 04-13-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes (Post 3239824)
.....DW puts just a dab on Delicata Squash when she roasts it - it's already really good and this addition makes it to-die-for.

Mmmm! That sounds so good!

nubianlocs 06-09-2010 03:37 PM

I love the pumpkin butter at trader joe's I really have to stock up when they bring it back later on this fall!

cocomama 06-10-2010 01:38 AM

pumpkin butter?... Wow, never heard of it ... I love pumpkin though! How do you make it? Going to see if i can find the recipe :)

pistachio 06-10-2010 02:20 PM

That sounds sooo good Suzan! Thanks for the tip! :hungry:

How do you make your protein pancake batter? I've looked a few recipes and they call for oats, but I don't know what kind! Do you think I could use steel cut oats? Any input appreciated!

lunameower 06-12-2010 06:20 AM

Wow, guys, I had forgotten how much I love the pumpkin butter at Trader Joe's so wonderful, I'm a pumpkin freak, it really bummed me out when there was a shortage this year.

loveAcat 06-28-2010 10:22 PM

I love Trader Joe's pumpkin butter! Of course it's seasonal... so they don't have it right now :( the recipe looks good, though!

I like eating a Tbsp or two stirred with some cinnamon and nutmeg in cooked oatmeal for breakfast!

CorinneIrene 06-29-2010 06:56 AM

Never had pumpkin butter- but I love everything pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes...anything and everything.

I'll definitely need the creative ways to cook pumpkins- I have two hills in my garden of sweet pie pumpkins for cooking. I also have a bunch more hills of decorative pumpkins as well- heehee.