sugarless dessert options ?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I like to cheat with baked apples, and cut the apple into slices, add some cinnamon to each slice and microwave until delicious
  • Rachel, you said your family liked the greek yogurt -- I do greek yogurt sundaes - set out bowls of chopped apples (or other fresh fruit) and some chopped dried apricot, dried cranberries, and another bowl of nuts of some kind. Everyone can sprinkle on whatever of these they like (and you can adjust to what you have on hand or need to use up). Can drizzle honey or agave over if the taste buds demand it too. It's a big hit at my house, and even though it's so easy, it's been deemed company-worthy.
  • I love to take a 50 calorie whole wheat tortilla, smear it with a little natural peanut butter, heat it in the microwave for like 20 seconds, then roll it around a ripe banana.

Heaven.
  • Grilled fruit is good. I love pineapple and peaches on the grill.
  • For quick relief from craving sweets I've combined a tablespoon each of natural peanut butter and rice syrup.
  • I love raw honey if I want something sweet. I will eat it sometimes just spread on toast.

I also like to spread a little natural peanut butter and raw honey on a whole wheat tortilla and roll it up. Tastes like those Nutter Butter cookies.

Lately I have also been eating a lot of sweet potatoes, mocrowaved and then mashed with a spoonful of raw honey, pumpkin pie spice, a little more cinnamon, and a splash of milk.