Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #1  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Default My lunch box amuses me

My "lunch" box (actually it has all the food I eat while I'm at work, snacks included) has completely changed from 6 weeks ago, when I was not really trying to eat whole foods, to now when I'm eating a ton of Superfoods. In my lunch box right now, there are a whole bunch of little portions of whole foods. Let's take a peek:

-- 1/4 cup of steel-cut oats
-- Small quantity of nonfat dried milk
-- Cinnamon shaker
-- Piece of chicken that was cooked in olive oil and spices
-- Couple of whole-grain crackers
-- Half an avocado
-- Half a grapefruit
-- Handful of carrots
-- Handful of sunflower seeds
-- 12 oz or so of vegetable juice with cayenne pepper sprinkled in it
-- 3/4 cup or so of nonfat plain yogurt with live cultures
-- 1/2 cup or so of unsweetened applesauce
-- Couple tablespoons of ground flaxseed
-- Green tea bags

In the morning I feel like I'm going through the kitchen, picking from it as if it was a garden...little of this, little of that, oh let's toss this in too...

So it's a big change from just having a meat sandwich, diet soda, and some carrots (and maybe a candy bar) at work with me!
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Hah. I know the feeling. I have this great little felt bag that I got at the Container Store about a year ago and it's become my lunch bag. I looked in it just now to see what I have:

homemade yogurt w/ organic wild blueberries (already eaten)
wasa crackers
fresh tuna that I grilled last night and made into tuna salad
apple
orange
grapes
packet of almonds
homemade hummus
carrots and cucumbers (for dipping in the hummus)
v-8 juice

Funny how my likes wants have changed!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #3  
Rif

S/C/G: 340/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Lunch Bag

Sounds very familiar. I have noticed that a lot of people at work like to peer into my lunch "treasure" bag to see what I've brought, and some have even begun bringing similar items, such as broccolli cole slaw mix on their salads, beans and brown rice, cut up beets on salad, small bags of nuts and seeds, etc. Someone at the gym where I work out has even begun sprinkling her salads and stirfrys with dried sea vegetables/seaweed since we talked about it. People at work, the gym and my son's schools have started consulting me about whole and organic foods and requesting lunch dates to talk about this lifestyle. It's pretty cool that changing what you eat and talking about it can open new social circles! There are a lot of people out there who are interested in eating in a healthy and sustainable way! That's pretty exciting.
Rif is offline   Reply With Quote