Superfoods Rx diet book

• Hi,

I just saw the Superfoods RX Diet book at Barnes and Noble today. I only had time to leaf through it quickly, but it looked very interesting. I was wondering if anyone here had used the diet and tried the recipes? I ordered it from Amazon since it was ten dollars cheaper there.

I don't think I'll follow the diet exactly, but I am looking to eat more whole foods 90% of the time.

Thanks!
    Sherry
  • Oh yes! Some of us like this book very well.

I want you to find anything you can find posted by Glory87 and then come and join us in this thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134782
  • LOVE this book!!! I have been reading it as I currently have it checked out of the library, but I like it so much I'm going to buy my own copy! For me, it combines the best of my two worlds (losing weight and eating super foods).
  • Hey the diet book is actually the third book. I loved the first book a lot - Super Foods Rx: 15 Foods That Will Change Your Life. The second book added more super foods, but it was VERY repetitive (covered a lot of the same ground as the first book).

I checked the Super Foods diet book (the third book) out of the library and I thought it was just okay. I found it MUCH more restrictive than the super foods plan I had developed for myself. The calorie count was pretty low, the author advocated limiting portions of vegetables and the author was a fan of nighttime meal cut off times. I preferred to eat large amounts of low calorie vegetables (kind of a volumetrics approach) and I never cut off eating at a particular point at the night (which would have been hard for me since I didn't get home from work until 8 a lot!)

There were a lot of great recipes though!
  • Thanks, Glory! I wish our library had it. I think I'm getting it more for the recipes, though. I don't own the first book, so I could use the nutrition info also. I never can follow anyone else's diet plan-I have to make my own or I rebel and eat horribly!

Take care,
    Sherry