Salad dressing suggestions

• Does anyone have a great salad dressing recipe?

I have been reading and following the bbc tv show "you are what you eat" by Gillian McKeith - I just love her!
  • OMG... I stumbled accross a recipe for dressing and I have used it on salads, chicken, fish, shrimp and I also find it is fantastic to saute veggies in. I also find that I don't need very much. A tiny bit goes a very long way. Next time, I may try it with a little less olive oil.

1/3 c. olive or salad oil
    1/3 c. lemon juice
    1/3 c. wine vinegar
    1/2 tsp. salt
    Dash of white pepper
    1/2 tsp. dry mustard
    1/2 tsp. paprika
    1/4 tsp. sugar
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Combine ingredients in jar with tight lid. Shake well. Let stand 30 minutes or more for flavors to blend. Shake well just before using.
  • haha i love that show "you are what you eat"! my mom and i giggle every time she starts talking about flatulence!
  • I usually make my own salad dressings - then I know what's in them. SCraver's sounds really good, and similar to ones I make. I just look at recipe sites and find one I have the ingredients for.
  • I very nearly never buy salad dressings any more, maybe once a year?

And usually I just wing it I measure the olive oil, then throw in whatever vinegar/acid I feel like using, mustard for emulsification, and whatever seasonings I'm up for.

One of my favorites is olive oil/white wine vinegar/mustard/maple syrup (real maple, not the fake stuff)/salt+pepper over greens with apples and cheddar.

Or, olive oil/lime juice/honey/salt+pepper.

Tonight will just be olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, mustard, and some Penzey's Tuscan Sunset blend for an Italian-ish dressing