Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 305/290/155

Height: 5'7"

Boy I've gotten behind!
Thursday-
b-blueberreis with soymilk
steamed cauliflower w/ feta(weird breakfast, lol)
l-lefter 3 cheese chicken penne w/extra mushrooms, tomatoes and flax
d-veggie burger w/tomato and mushrooms, feta whole wheat bread
s-dried fruit, walnuts and blueberry yogurt

Friday started out great but...
s-whole wheat toast w/ raspberry fruit spread
b-egg w/mushrooms,brocolli, pepper, feta
l-I made a "tomato soup"w/ tomatoes,whole wheat pasta,and spinach, feta,
s-dried fruit
Dinner we went out. I took my own dressing(brand new bottle) and it was spoiled. So I used the dressing there, but at that point I didn't even want a salad. So I ordered pork kabob w/ onions, peppers, carrots,yellow squash and zucchini.
Got home and had a binge moment and ate some cookies. They were low fat, so I didn't go over my calories for the day at least!
startanew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #122  

Saturday
b-eggs w/broccoli, red pepper and feta
l-soy burger w/mushroom, tomato and spinach
s-yogurt and dried fruit
d-Homemade vegetable chili(zucchini,corn,tomato,black bean,onion,veggie burger crumbles)
cauliflower
s-slice of pizza(it was homemade w/lowfat cheese and lots of sauce)
Old 03-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #123  

Andly your dinner looks delicious! probably a stupid question-whats panko?
Old 03-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #124  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

Oooo! Panko is amazing. It is a certain type of breadcrumb and it gives a really terrific crunch to foods to make them feel like they are fried even when they're just baked. I've recently learned from Glory that they also make a whole wheat version though I've still not been able to find them, but I'm definitely on the lookout! I make a lot of things with Panko b/c my kids will eat many more veggies if I make them look like fried!
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #125  

I tried another new recipe for breakfast today. I made pumpkin pancakes! They are really tasty too. I wish I had some whole wheat flour or pancake mix but I'm kind of waiting to use what I have here before I run out and get that. I mixed a whole can of 100% pumpkin in with regular pancake batter and water and some pumpkin pie spice. They take quite a bit longer to cook and I put the temperature on the burner down a little lower so they wouldn't burn but still be gooey too. The real test will be when the kids wake and eat them, I hope they like them. I topped mine off with a tiny bit of walnut and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar!

B-soymilk coffee, pumpkin pancakes w/walnuts

***adding the rest of Sunday***
L-3" whole wheat turkey sub w/romaine, avocado, roasted red pepper and peppercini's, carrots

S-mini sized golden spoon yogurt (does anyone else have a golden spoon nearby?? They have frozen yogurt w/all the live active cultures so it counts as yogurt and it only has 68 calories for the mini size!!! I got mint flavor, tasted just like mint ice cream)

D-roasted garlic cauliflower!! Yum! whole wheat burrito-fat free refried beans, black beans, tomato, romaine, radiccio(sp?), a small sprinkling of low fat cheese, avocado

Last edited by AndLy; 03-10-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: adding foods
Old 03-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #126  

New week already.
B-2 pc ww toast, peanut butter (I've got to buy more almond butter)
L-salad-spinach, red pepper, avocado, cucumber&blue cheese, potato leek soup
S-blueberries, yogurt, honey
D-salmon,brown rice,broccoli
S-green tea,dark chocolate
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #127  

B-low fat yogurt, raspberries, low fat granola, coffee w/soymilk

***weigh in day*** lost one more pound (I think I actually lost more but it's TOM and I feel really really bloaty)

S-tangelo, man that was the juiciest yummiest piece of fruit I've ever eaten! I had never had one before but Glory is constantly posting about them and they were such a good bargain this week that I had to get a few, and I'm so glad I did, they are delicious!

L-left over buffalo spicy chicken breast strips, left over green/orange peppers w/olive oil potatoes, left over roasted garlic cauliflower(I'm sensing a leftover theme for lunch today, lol)

S-kids clif bar , tea

D-whole wheat tortilla, chicken breast meat, black beans, 1 oz low fat cheese, tomatoes & green chiles, 5 olives---grilled all that into a light quesadilla, and topped with romaine, tomato, radiccio, and a light salsa dressing I made from light sour cream and salsa

S-no sugar added cocoa

Tally so far today: 14
yogurt
blueberries
oats
pumpkin
turkey
olive oil
broccoli
garlic
soy
tea
beans
spinach
tomato
dark chocolate

Last edited by AndLy; 03-11-2008 at 11:48 AM. Reason: adding weigh in info, adding meals
Old 03-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #128  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Thought I would start posting here since I am a "SuperFoods RX" ("SuperFoods HealthStyle" & "The SuperFoodsRx Diet") fan and have been trying to get in as many super foods for awhile now. I enjoy reading how everyone is getting in the super foods, thanks!!!

B - sauteed chopped orange bell peppers & spinach added to 3 egg whites after they were partially set. Then I put slices of tomato on top and broiled it (I use a fairly small omelet type pan...I could try flipping it instead of broiling it). I try to get in as many vegetables in the morning as possible.
1/2 cup of Trader Joe's Greek 0% yogurt and about 1/2 cup of blueberries (I'm a blueberry freak).
Cup of green tea.

S - small gala apple

L - (Not sure yet, I had a late breakfast)

Last edited by Cheree; 03-10-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #129  

The past couple days I haven't been doing the greatest! Hope to get back on track tomorrow! Sunday
B-2 whole wheat blueberry pancakes w/sugar free syrup
L-leftover veggie chili w/ cauliflower
s-sugarfree pudding and walnuts
d-Dinner was just delicious! I made kabobs and my husband grilled them! YUM!
chicken and tofu kabobs w/ red & green peppers,onions, mushrooms,zucchini, summer squash, fresh steamed corn on the cob
8 pm snack-a few bites of chicken kabob
Monday
b-ww blueberry pancakes w/fruit spread
l-Turkey sub sandwich, vegetable soup
s-sugar free jello w/ peaches
d-My sons birthday and he wants to go to Mcdonalds- Lol, guess I'll get the chicken salad.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndLy View Post
S-tangelo, man that was the juiciest yummiest piece of fruit I've ever eaten! I had never had one before but Glory is constantly posting about them and they were such a good bargain this week that I had to get a few, and I'm so glad I did, they are delicious!
Mmmm tangelos, so yummy in season! This is my favorite time of years, they are such an easy to peel, flavorful orange, they rarely disappoint!

Well, I had an interesting 3 days. Dinner out on Friday night, I did pretty good with an entree choice, but dipped into the shared appetizers (including chicken tenders, which I didn't even like very much - I mystify myself sometimes). Dessert was a huge chocolate brownie with ice cream with a MELTED HERSHEY BAR on top of the brownie. Well, that was hard to resist.

Saturday was on plan (AND I WORKED OUT, YAY ME) but we had a fabulous dinner party at a friend's house and I overindulged in cheese and this amazing roasted garlic butter on sourdough. I did pretty well with the entree (grilled ahi, couscous, wilted spinach) but I brought the chocolate molten lava cake dessert (!!). I made a raspberry sauce on the stove and strained the seeds out, decorated the plates, I felt very very Top Chef. It was wonderful and I managed to stop at half, so full and yucky feeling all night though. Stupid cheese.

Yesterday was pretty good, went to see a movie with friends and ended up at Bucca Di Beppo. That place is a healthy eater's nightmare, they got rid of the yummy garlicky greens I like so much. I ended up splitting a gnocchi with a friend (portion was still too big and cheesy). The restaurant ended up messing up so much of our service they comped our meals and gave us a chocolate Vesuvious dessert - well, I only had a few bites, but really - I feel completely out of control!

Back on track today, scale is up (to be expected) so aiming for 1400 calories today. Pants were all tight and icky yesterday but it is the week before my period, hopefully some of it is bloat!!

:00 breakfast - 1/2 cup pumpkin flax granola (140 calories), fat free Greek honey yogurt (120 calories)

10:00 snack - 6 oz fresh blackberries (100 calories)

12:00 lunch - big spinach salad - chopped red onion, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes, 1/5 red pepper, 1/4 cup roasted corn, chicken breast, organic barbeque sauce (estimate - 300 calories)

1:00 snack - tall no sugar added mocha from Coffee Bean (100 calories - estimate)

3:00 snack - tangelo (100 calories)

5:00 snack - cut up veggies (sugar snap peas, baby carrots, orange pepper strips, grape tomatoes (100 calories)

7:30 dinner - 4 oz chicken breast (breaded in a little egg, panko), steamed broccoli crown, 1/2 spaghetti squash, 1/2 cup low fat marinara (estimate 400 calories)
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:46 AM   #131  

Another day, another plan.
B-homemade ww, blueberry muffin(only whole grain, lots of fruit, little sugar), coffee
S-carrot sticks
L-spinach w/garlic,sweet potato,chicken breast
S-yogurt and honey,green tea w/mint
D-romaine,yellow pepper,cucumber,tomatosalad, chickpea,cauliflower and pea curry on brown rice
S-nectarine, dark chocolate
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #132  

Plan for Tuesday
B-2 ww blueberry pancakes with raspberry fruit spread
l- tofu stirfry (brocolli,cauliflower, carrots,squash), brown rice
s-apple
d-some kind of pasta dish with lots of veggies
s-walnuts, yogurt
Old 03-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #133  

You all make those tangelos sound delicious! I'm having a hard time with the orange superfood, I don't really care for oranges...maybe I would like these better. I've also been thinking of getting a juicer to make fresh orange juice, anyone do this?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #134  

Quote:
Dessert was a huge chocolate brownie with ice cream with a MELTED HERSHEY BAR on top of the brownie. Well, that was hard to resist.
Holy chocolate batman! I would definitely think it would be hard to resist that, it sounds like chocolate heaven, lol!

My appetite is really changing with this superfoods eating. I have really no desire to eat most of the stuff I used to eat. It's almost like a mini contest with myself to eat the most superfoods I can w/low calorie/light eating and make all my recipes healthy. I definitely have much more energy than I've had in years, yesterday I swept and mopped the whole house lickety split, whereas before I would have broken the job down into a different section each day because it would have been too much to do in one day. Go veggies!

Glory, you are so right about the tangelo's being easy to peel, lol. The peel just practically falls off in your hand!

Today's plan
B-lowfat yogurt w/strawberries and raspberries, low fat oat granola, walnuts, coffee w/soy milk
S-tangelo!
L-salad w/turkey and various veggies and an apple
S-tea and clif bar
D-brown rice and terryaki veggies and pineapple
S-watermelon

**Actual**
B-lowfat yogurt w/strawberries and raspberries, low fat oat granola, walnuts, coffee w/soy milk
S-tangelo
L-salad-romaine/radiccio, black beans, garbanzo beans, roasted red pepper w/homemade honey mustard, tomato red pepper soup w/roasted cauliflower & garlic, chicken breast meat w/tomatoes and green chili's, sesame sticks
S-tea/clif bar
D-brown rice w/grilled veggies(zucchini, yellow squash, orange and green bell pepper) and pineapple w/terryaki sauce

**I also did my first 'official' exercising today. It is such a beautiful day out and put my tennis shoes on, grabbed my iPod and took off walking. It was only 30 minutes, but you gotta start somewhere right??**

Last edited by AndLy; 03-12-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: adding meals
Old 03-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #135  
Working My Way Back Down

I've been lax in posting here, though not in eating superfoods!

B - cheerios w/milk, .5 oz of walnuts, ww toast w/current jelly (homemade)
S - red grapes
L - homemade chicken soup with onions, carrots, celery, red peppers
S - yogurt w/ blackberries
D - stir fry: red peppers, celery, mushrooms, onion, zucchini

My last CSA box had tangelos - and they were delicious! Very juicy. I pick up another tonight, and I've forgotten everything that's in there (they email you a list so you can substitute if you like) I know there's a mango!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote