Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Yesterday my daughter had a dance competition that was nearly 100 miles from home. Hubby decided since we were that close to Owatonna we would drive there and go to Cabela's after the competition....so we were gone all day.
B- Oatmeal, walnuts, flaxseed meal, orange, tea, soy milk

L- Subway I ordered a 12" turkey breast sub with spinach, cucumbers, carrots, green peppers and mustard...then I take the filling from one side of the sandwich and put it on the otherside...only eating half of the bread.

D- Pizza Hut...I ws way out voted!!! I had salad bar so I could get lots of veggies, Cherry tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, greeen peppers, brocoli, and lettuce, a little ranch dressing. We ordered a 12" Fit n Delicious chicken, mushroom, red onion & green pepper pizza...I ate 3 slices.

S- when we got home I had a cup of kefir

For the day I was 23 calories over my limit...not too shabby!!!

Today went much better.

B-The Usual - Oatmeal, walnuts, flaxseed meal, orange, tea, soy milk

L- Grilled chicken breast, 1 slice arnold Natural Flax N Fiber Bread, avocado, tomato slices, sweet potato, soy milk

D- Salmon, brocoli, carrots, edamame, celery, red, yellow & orange peppers stir fried with 1 tsp sesame oil, light soy sauce, I was going to make brown rice...but it wouldn't get done so I skipped the rice.

S- Fresh raspberries, vanilla yogurt, topped with Natures Path Pumpkin Flax granola
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:14 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Heh, my folks in Kerrville live about an hour away from the Cabela's - they appreciate any excuse to get there!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:56 AM   #228  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

I have gotten so many good ideas here for things to eat. Last week was my practice week and I think it went great. I have been working on letting go of my diet coke addiction as well. Chai tea is becoming a new favorite.

B - Natures Path Pumpkin Flax granola and vanilla soy milk

S - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, blueberries

L - 3 meatballs made w/ lean beef, spaghetti squash, 1/2 cup ww spaghetti, broccoli w/ olive oil and parmesan

S - Lara bar, tangerine

S - 1/2 cup soy nuts, apple

S - 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, walnuts
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:59 AM   #229  

Monday

B - 1/2 cup Nature's Path organic pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

S - blackberries

L - big home-made salad - baby spinach, broccoli slaw, shredded carrot, purple cabbage, beets, grape tomatoes, red onion, orange pepper, 1/5 package of fake crab, low fat roasted garlic vinaigrette

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - tangelo

S - baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, orange pepper strips

D - stir fry - calimari, lite coconut milk, red curry paste, red onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, water chestnuts, baby corn, carrots, purple cabbage over brown rice

Last edited by Glory87; 03-31-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:29 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Monday-
B-Whole wheat English Muffin, Almond butter, banana, light vanilla soy milk, Chia tea

L-Turkey Waldorf salad (Turkey breast, 1/2 apple. chopped celery, chopped walnuts, soy "mayonaise" dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey) Mixed berries, Stoney Field Farm low fat vanilla yogurt, pumpkin flax granola

D- Turkey breast cutlet spicy italian tomato sauce, 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, shallots, garlic, 1/4 red wine, 1 cup mushrooms, Italian seasoning, cayanne pepper) over barilla plus rotini, soy milk

S- carrots, cucumber slices with sundried tomato and basil hummus
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #231  

Well, after not eating much at all the last couple of days, I'm dusting myself off and getting back to my meals today. I still don't have a huge appetite, but am making myself eat since I know it will help.

breakfast: strawberries, blueberries, mango and greek yogurt, drizzle of honey and a cup of tea.

snack: whole grain toast with 1 tbs. natural peanut butter

lunch: I found some leftover roast chicken in the fridge, and made up a quick tomato, cucumber and onion salad to go with it. Watermelon.

snack: marcona almonds

dinner: baked miso-glazed halibut with brown rice, steamed broccoli and carrots, and roasted beets.

dessert: cara cara orange segments with a drop of grand marnier
Sorcha33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #232  

On Tuesday, I am eating the exact same foods I had on Monday! I will try to mix it up tomorrow, I'll be out of stir fry anyway
Old 04-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #233  
Chick

B-1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries, .25 oz walnuts

S - 1/4 cup wasabi soy nuts, serving (half bottle) of green machine smoothie

L - rice, tofu, red beans, spinach

S - Lara Bar, tangerine

D - black beans, wild rice, ff sourcream, salsa, swiss chard

S - Nature Path pumpkin granola, vanilla soy milk

Last edited by ledom; 04-01-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

7 today for me--black grapes, tangerine juice, steel-cut oats with cinnamon and raisins, green beans, white beans, yogurt
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #235  

Wednesday

breakfast: steel cut oatmeal with natural peanut butter and sliced banana

snack: carrot sticks and lemon hummus

lunch: brown rice stir fry with chicken breast, broccoli, red and yellow peppers, spinach, beansprouts, mushrooms, onion garlic and ginger. Miso broth on the side.

snack: strawberries and blueberries

dinner: thai fish cakes (baked) with cucumber salad, herb salad and spicy sweet potatoes (baked)

dessert: organic dark chocolate with coconut
Sorcha33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #236  

Wednesday

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 spoons apple butter, 2 spoons of wheat germ, small handful of walnuts

S - strawberries - but they were NOT good and I was very disappointed

L - big home-made salad - baby spinach, broccoli slaw, shredded carrot, purple cabbage, beets, grape tomatoes, red onion, orange pepper, 1/5 package of fake crab, low fat roasted garlic vinaigrette

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - tangelo

S - baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, orange pepper strips

D- tonight is board game night, so I'm picking up dinner from our favorite Persian restaurant. They make this fabulous pomegranate walnut stew - I know, it sounds awful but it is sweet and tart and tangy and wondeful! I'll probably have the stew, some pita and a salad (always too much dressing though).

My other goal is NOT to be tempted by all the yummy food in the conference room (my boyfriend's company keeps the room stocked with all kinds of snack foods - microwave popcorn, Cliff bars, brownies, Nutter butters, Oreos, etc etc). It's really tough!

Last edited by Glory87; 04-02-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

6.5 for me today. I need to go shopping agian.

Whole wehat waffles, tangerine juice, turkey, romaine lettuce/tomatoes, whole wheat tortilla, tea, dark chocolate
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #238  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

Ugh! I have been SOOOOO busy I haven't been able to post on here recently! I have done great though. I had my weigh-in Monday and I lost 3.5 lbs! Woohoo! I am trying a new recipe tomorrow night for dinner, crab stuffed portobella, I'll let you know how it turns out!

Today
B-fage yogurt w/straw&raspberries, walnuts, drizzle of honey, soy latte

L-tofu stir fry, broccoli, carrots, spinach, celery, sesame sticks

S-iced green tea, apple

D-1/3 Kashi mediterranean pizza w/tomato, turkey and kalamata olives, watermelon

S-dark chocolate w/orange essence!!!

And I've been drinking a TON of water.
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #239  
Chick

B - oatmeal, cc, blueberries

S - wasabi soy nuts, red machine superfood smoothie

L - 3 oz. salmon in salad w/ greens, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli slaw, red pepper

S - chocolate coffee Lara Bar

D - 6 egg whites, one yolk scrambled with .50 oz. goat milk cheddar, 1/2 sprouted grain english muffin w/ 1 tsp. natural pnut butter and sf jelly

S - granola, soy milk
Old 04-03-2008, 02:42 AM   #240  

I caved at the board game party and split a pack of Nutter Butters - my first in nearly 3.5 years! Ah well, it was only 125 calories, not too bad considering all the other options.

I ended up with a really yummy salad from the Persian place - crisp dark green romaine, lentils, dates, walnuts and tomatoes. I saved half of the salad and the chicken from my pomegranate/walnut stew, it will be a fabulous lunch tomorrow!