3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Whole Foods Lifestyle

Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

SuperFoods Daily Accounting

Old 03-17-2008, 12:39 AM   #151

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

panko zucchini???

You'll be surprised how much you don't miss grain.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:47 AM   #152

S/C/G: 200/Ethan born 1-11-13/130

Oh yeah - from the panko thread in fabulous foods! I dipped some zucchini slices in egg and then rolled them in whole wheat panko (very crunchy breadcrumb stuff), then baked them until crunchy. It's been so long since I've had a "real" onion ring - they taste like crunchy onion rings to me (especially when I dip them in ketchup). Mmmm crunchy goodness.

My very long weight loss story

"I saw an angel in the marble and I chiseled until I set it free."
Michelangelo
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:45 AM   #153

It's a new week woohoo! and Happy St Paddy's Day Monday Plan
B-spinach omelet, coffee
S-walnuts.yogurt,green tea
Lromaine,carrot,yellow pepper,pearsalad w/blue cheese, vegetable soup, wasa cracker
S-oatmeal,prunes
D-roast, brussel sprouts,carrots
S-blueberry,kiwi,and orange salad
Old 03-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #154

Breakfast - 1/2 Nature's Path pumkpkin flax cereal, Wallaby low fat maple yogurt

Snack - 4.4 oz blueberries

Lunch - spinach, 90 calories of chicken breast, grape tomatoes, shredded carrot, chopped red onion, 1/5 chopped red pepper, broccoli slaw, organic bbq sauce, a tiny bit of an avocado (1/2 split among 5 salads) and a few pieces of roasted sweet potato

Snack - tangelo

Snack - 100 calories of no sugar added cocoa

Snack - cut up veggies (grape tomatoes, orange pepper strips, sugar snap peas, baby carrots)

Dinner - spinach quesadillas, 2 50 calorie whole wheat tortillas, salsa, filling = package of defrosted chopped spinach, drained really well, small jar of artichoke hearts diced, sun dried tomato, red onion, 1/2 can of healthy request cream of mushroom soup, a few kalamata olives, a few pine nuts, cayenne, cumin, white pepper, a little bit of 2% sharp cheddar to stick it all together

Michelangelo

Last edited by Glory87 : 03-17-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #155

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Wasn't able to post my Sat/Sun meals b/c I was out of the house the whole weekend, but I did good. The girls both had terrific competitions! Woohoo!

This morning was weigh in day, I lost 3.5 lbs! Only 4.5 more until I can get under 200, yippee!

***will edit to add meals later***

B-I had to make more pumpkin pancakes b/c they were just so delicious last time. 2 pumpkin pancakes topped w/ one apple cut up and a couple tbsps walnuts that I cooked in a pan w/a spray of canola oil spray and a little cinnamon so they were all soft and warm, kind of like apple pie! It was a delicious breakfast w/coffee and soymilk-I'm already at 4 for just one meal!

L-tomato roasted red pepper soup w/ spinach and garbanzo beans and sesame crackers

S(2 pm)-yogurt

S(6 pm)-kids clif bar

D(9 pm)-I made a whole wheat crust pizza (bought some organic dough), topped w/tomatoes, spinach, baby bella mushrooms, broccoli, some olives, a drizzle of evoo, and some real parmesian reggiano cheese (just a teensy bit), I had 2 slices and a tangelo---the best part is that I have enough left over for 3 more meals of it!

Dessert-88 calories of dark chocolate bar-I got the 82% and it's just a little bit bitter for me so next time I will buy the 75% instead I think

#50 in 3FC's Midsummer Night's 5K
Woohoo, did it in 39 min 28 sec!

Last edited by AndLy : 03-18-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: adding meals
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #156

S/C/G: 317/240/160

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone!! I am gonna jump in on this one. Here is a little history on me...yo-yo dieter...maybe I should say more like bunjee dieter since the wieght "swings" have been 50 pounds or more.

Recently: Jan 21, 2008 I started Flat Belly Diet. I like it, but just felt it had something missing. Joined 2FC in February. Stumbled on Glory's story and was amazed...and INSPIRED!!! I started doing more reading on SUPERFOODS. Then ordered "Superfoods RX" from Amazon and a super food companion cook book. I am hooked!!! I must confess I think of Glory's story nearly everyday.

Since January 21 I have gone from 300 pounds to 276. My blood pressure is down. I have been working out and I feel FABULOUS!!! I started eating Superfoods and want to tell the world about it!!!! Much to my surprise I found I LOVE Salmon and Sweet Potatoes. the only way I had ever had Salmon before was from a can...the thought still gives me shivers. But wild caught sockeye salmon fillets, cooked with a small amount of lemon garlic oil and shallots....I could eat that EVERYDAY!!! Sweet Potatoes....Well I found some in the produce dept all peeled and cubed, I stir fry those with broccoli slaw, matchstick carrots, shallots, red, orange and yellow peppers and toss with brown rice YUMMY!!!

I am slowly converting my whole family. I have Glory to thank for that!!!

So for today, so far....

B-Oatmeal, orange, soy milk, tea

L- Salad with Spinach and Romaine, Albacore Tuna, Broccoli slaw, grape tomatoes. Dressing made with 1 T Nasoy, 1/2 tsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp dijon mustard. 1 cup strawberries 1 cup Stoneyfield Farms Low Fat French vanilla yogurt, 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts.

Supper tonight will be Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, & Sweet Potatoes I think the only I missed today was beans.

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #157

I'm trying Glory's breakfast today. I tend to get in food ruts.
B-pumpkin flax cereal,yogurt
S-tea, orange
L-ww pita,hummus,spinach salad,lentil soup
S-carrot sticks,apple slices, peanut butter
D-lean hamburger,tomato, romaine,grilled onions&peppers,broccoli
Old 03-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #158

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh dear ... I must have misunderstood yesterday. It doesn't say as many foods as in the Supermarket .....

You'll be surprised how much you don't miss grain.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #159

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

Welcome Kate! You'll like it here

Tuesday

B-coffee/soymilk, 2 pumpkin pancakes topped w/1 cinnamon apple and walnuts

L-2 pieces whole wheat veggie pizza(tomato, spinach, broccoli, baby bella mushrooms, olive), a tangelo

S-tea/kid clif bar

D-veggie stir fry (zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, celery, broccoli, baby bella mushrooms), soba noodles (buckwheat) a splash of soy sauce and a drizzle of honey

***will edit as the day goes on to add my meals***

On a side note, it's Spring break for the girls and so today I accidentally slept in until 8:45 am - yikes! I thought I'd wake up around 7:30 which is an acceptable time for sleeping in, I guess I'll have to set my alarm for tomorrow, lol!

#50 in 3FC's Midsummer Night's 5K
Woohoo, did it in 39 min 28 sec!

Last edited by AndLy : 03-19-2008 at 03:32 AM. Reason: adding meals
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB View Post
Joined 2FC in February. Stumbled on Glory's story and was amazed...and INSPIRED!!! I started doing more reading on SUPERFOODS. Then ordered "Superfoods RX" from Amazon and a super food companion cook book. I am hooked!!! I must confess I think of Glory's story nearly everyday.

Since January 21 I have gone from 300 pounds to 276. My blood pressure is down. I have been working out and I feel FABULOUS!!! I started eating Superfoods and want to tell the world about it!!!! Much to my surprise I found I LOVE Salmon and Sweet Potatoes. the only way I had ever had Salmon before was from a can...the thought still gives me shivers. But wild caught sockeye salmon fillets, cooked with a small amount of lemon garlic oil and shallots....I could eat that EVERYDAY!!! Sweet Potatoes....Well I found some in the produce dept all peeled and cubed, I stir fry those with broccoli slaw, matchstick carrots, shallots, red, orange and yellow peppers and toss with brown rice YUMMY!!!

I am slowly converting my whole family. I have Glory to thank for that!!!

B-Oatmeal, orange, soy milk, tea

L- Salad with Spinach and Romaine, Albacore Tuna, Broccoli slaw, grape tomatoes. Dressing made with 1 T Nasoy, 1/2 tsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp dijon mustard. 1 cup strawberries 1 cup Stoneyfield Farms Low Fat French vanilla yogurt, 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts.
Supper tonight will be Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, & Sweet Potatoes I think the only I missed today was beans.
Wow, Kate that is awesome! Congrats on your 13 super foods yesterday, heh I'm so glad you are happy and feeling better and losing weight - your experience sounds a lot like mine. I was literally AMAZED how good whole foods tasted - salmon and sweet potatoes are 2 of my favorites too.

For me, since I packed all the same lunches on Sunday and I made enough spinach filling for 2 nights - exactly the same as yesterday! Weee! Oh wait, I used a different KIND of yogurt, that makes it very very different! ha

Breakfast - 1/2 Nature's Path pumkpkin flax cereal, Trader Joe's fat free Greek Yogurt with Honey

Snack - 4.4 oz blueberries

Lunch - spinach, 90 calories of chicken breast, grape tomatoes, shredded carrot, chopped red onion, 1/5 chopped red pepper, broccoli slaw, organic bbq sauce, a tiny bit of an avocado (1/2 split among 5 salads) and a few pieces of roasted sweet potato

Snack - tangelo

Snack - 100 calories of no sugar added cocoa

Snack - cut up veggies (grape tomatoes, orange pepper strips, sugar snap peas, baby carrots)

Dinner - spinach quesadillas, 2 50 calorie whole wheat tortillas, salsa, filling = package of defrosted chopped spinach, drained really well, small jar of artichoke hearts diced, sun dried tomato, red onion, 1/2 can of healthy request cream of mushroom soup, a few kalamata olives, a few pine nuts, cayenne, cumin, white pepper, a little bit of 2% sharp cheddar to stick it all together

Michelangelo

Last edited by Glory87 : 03-18-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:16 AM   #161

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

AndLy-Your pumpkin panckes sound yummy...care to share your recipe??
azmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #162

Well I am a creature of habit and my breakfasts are nearly always the same. Mon-Fri I pack a lunch...I try to change it up a little so I don't get bored. So here goes....

B- Oatmeal, 2T Chopped Walnuts, 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar, orange, 8 oz soy milk and black chia tea.

L- Honey Dijon Turkey Waldorf Salad served on a bed of spinach and roamine. Strawberries and Yogurt.

Snack- Whole Wheat English Muffin with Organic Almond Butter

D- Salmon, Veggies (sweet potatoes, brocolli, carrots, red, yelllow and orange bell peppers) Brown Rice, and Soy Milk

That is my favorite supper!!! Hubby even looks forward to that one!!

I also have a question. How many Superfoodies here eat tofu?? How do you prepare it?? I keep telling myself I am gonna try it....but I am a bit tofuphobic. Any suggestions are mucho appreciated!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #163

Oh Yeah one more question....Where do you find Panko?? What other items in the store is it near?? I would like to try it.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #164

Quote:
Oh Yeah one more question....Where do you find Panko?? What other items in the store is it near?? I would like to try it.
Ha check out this thread!
Recently discovered Panko

In my grocery store (which is just a plain jane, low rent, not fancy place) it is with the regular bread crumbs. Some folks have found it in the Asian food aisle. I also found it online at amazon.com!

Michelangelo
Old 03-19-2008, 04:28 PM   #165

Quote:
I also have a question. How many Superfoodies here eat tofu?? How do you prepare it?? I keep telling myself I am gonna try it....but I am a bit tofuphobic. Any suggestions are mucho appreciated!!!
Well, tofu in its natural state is disgusting (in my opinion) it basically tastes like NOTHING. That can be positive, though, since tofu really soaks up the flavor of whatever it's marinated in. I make a fabulous orange/miso marinade that is great for tofu stir fry. I haven't made that in ages, I should do that!

I only like 2 kinds of tofu:

Silken - which I use to make dips.

Very very very firm cutlet style - which has a great texture and holds up well for stir frying. House cutlet style is the brand I buy. I used to only be able to get it in Asian grocery stores, but my regular grocery store has recently started carrying it, which is awesome.

I've heard people say they buy tofu and then do complicated stuff like press it to get a good texture - I just don't have the patience for that.

One thing I personally can't stand is "scrambled tofu" but some people really really love it. It's just a combination of weird texture and no taste that bugs me. But, I'm not a HUGE fan of scrambled eggs either.

Tofu is my hardest super food to fit in, I do like it in stir fries, but it's just not one of my usual food staples. I buy the super firm stuff, marinate it for a couple of hours. While my stir fry vegetables are stir frying, I'll usually sear the tofu in a pan and then add it to the vegetables at the last minute (so it gets a little crispy around the edges).

Edamame counts too, which I adore, I should eat more of that!

Michelangelo

Last edited by Glory87 : 03-19-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.