Have you used an electric soy milk maker?

• I'm thinking of purchasing a Soyabella soy milk maker for Christmas for the family. Has anyone used an electric soymilk maker? Did you like it? Do you have recipes or ideas for the left over okara?
  • I know this was originally an old post, but I am also interested in trying a soy milk maker. Does anyone have any experience with it they could share?

Thanks!
  • I make soymilk and have made a Squidoo page about it @ squidoo.com/soy_milk I use the SoyQuick Premier Milk Maker 930P but there are many soymilk makers to choose from. Check the reviews online about soymilk makers and choose the one that you think is best for you.

Faith
  • I was just talking to someone who has one. They say they make all sorts of different types of milks with theirs, not just soy. They love it.
  • I have a Soyajoy machine. Its very quick to use, put soaked soybeans in basket, add water up to the line, turn on, 15 minutes later soy milk. I add 1/2T vanilla and 3T sugar.
    It doesn't taste like Silk, its more of an acquired taste at best.
    google making soy milk, you can make it without a machine first and see if you like the taste.
    Its good for smoothies, not so good with cereal and such.
  • Thanks for the advice everyone.