Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:00 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7'

Default Has anyone looked at the frozen Kashi meals?

I admit it, I am lazy but I am going to do this for me. BUT, once in awhile it would be great to be able to take a frozen meal to work etc.

I know most are out but what about Kashi low cal frozen meals? They are really good, lots of fiber.

I asked this in my other thread but wasn't sure anyone would see it.

Thanks!
HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:12 PM   #2  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I love the Kashi frozen meals, personally. Though they are a little high in sodium, they're definitely much better tasting than other low calorie frozen dinners. My favorite is probably the southwest chicken. Sometimes, especially with the sweet and sour chicken, I'll mix the Kashi dinner with 1/2 bag of Steamfresh (steam in the bag) frozen veggies (I personally use the sugar snap, carrot, broccoli, and water chestnut mix). That way, I get more bulk and more veggies. Very filling.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:25 AM   #3  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I've looked at them and think that these are a definite step in the right direction! There aren't any unnatural and unrecognizable ingredients and that's great.

Personally, they aren't for me, as there's only one vegan entree and it isn't at any of the stores where I live. Also, it's not organic and I don't microwave or eat microwaved foods. BUT for those who use frozen meals, I would suggest this over the standard frozen meals any day!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I've had several varieties and they are really good! The sodium isn't that bad, and they do use whole grains, no weird freaky ingredients. I keep one or two in the freezer for nights/days when I really don't want to cook and would otherwise end up going out to eat. Kashi puts out good quality stuff from everything I've seen. Amy's has some great ones too.
emilyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:23 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7'

That is the best news, thank you! I am new to the eating clean lifestyle. 2 months ago, I lived on diet coke and fast food, oh, and pizza.

In moderation of course and I like the idea of adding veggies to it.
HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #6  

I like them, but find them to be a bit overpriced. I try to buy several when on sale. I tend to keep a supply of wraps all premade in the freezer so that helps when frozen meals are too expensive. I only use them for lunches at work. I also buy the Lean Cuisine Spa meals. They are pretty tasty as well and some of them now raelly have quiet a few veggies in them. I get Amy's as well, when on sale too.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

LindaT, I think you and I are on the same page--I've never tried the Kashi meals because of the price (and I've never seen them on sale at my store). I go for the Lean Cuisine Spa Cuisine line because they at least use whole grain pastas and rice instead of white, and they have more veggies than most other frozen meals.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote