Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #1  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Ugh bloated!

So here I am trying to eat better and better everyday (let's not count dinner last night PMS lapse) and I am getting more and more bloated. The last few days have been really bad! I am not eating any more salt than normal, probably less than I would of a month ago! But I am just feeling awful, so is there anything natural I can do to help ease this? I drank some yesterday and am brewing more now of the yogi tea peach detox, claims to help. But are there any foods that might? Preferably something I have around and is natural, but that is probably asking too much.

If you have any advice let me know, I have been feeling healthy inside but then my ankle and stomach (jeans) seem to disagree!
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #2  

I know all about bloating, but when you say ou are bloated.. do you mean bloated like full of gas of bloated like too much sodium? I am guessing sodium, since you mentioned it. If that is the case, water is your friend.. lots and lots of water.

If it's the other kind of bloating, that came come on with increasing fiber intake. Some people have to increase it slowly to avoid discomfort. Exercise can help with that. Getting the body moving helps rev everything up and seems to help with digestion.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Are you sure it isn't TOM?

If you don't think so then, how much water are you drinking? It's possible that you are consuming more fiber and you need to up your water intake when you up your fiber. If you are getting a lot of fiber and not enough water everything will get blocked up and that can cause bloating.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #4  

Does it feel like shooting pains/sharp knives in your stomach? Because the other day I had at least 30 grams of fiber but only about 1000 calories and thats twice the recommended amount for that calorie intake. I thought I was going to die, I couldn't even move. If that is the case, I took some type of gas-x pill and it went away within the hour, but I had to be careful the next couple days about what I ate.
ssmiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #5  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Nope more like TOM bloating (few days from now, my SIL says I am pre menopausal because of my extended PMS symptoms and shorter TOM, my mom started menopause at 30) and I am drinking like 8-10 good size glasses of water a day, increased it to the 10 side because of bladder infection and bloating. Its just not going down! (although there has been some gas I started omega so attributed it to that so slowing that down) but my ankels feel puffy.

Drinking my tea, sigh...for once I wish TOM would come to fix this! argh
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote