Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:52 AM   #31  

I stepped up my cardio today and instead of power walking I did Tae Bo.....OMG it was hard, I did 20 mins though!!
Old 06-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #32  
urs

S/C/G: 168/157/125

Height: 5 ft 6in

Default June 15 2007

Exercise yesterday:

62 minutes/4 miles on treadclimber

13 minutes/ over 1 mile on treadmill

Exercise today will be taking DS for a walk to the park.

Saturday: 62 minutes/ 4 miles on treadclimber
12 minutes/ 1 mile on treadmill

Sunday: same as saturday

See you ladies monday!
Old 06-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #33  

Saturday- 45 min power walk
Old 06-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #34  

Height: 5'5"

Hello Ladies!!!!!!!!

Short and sweet.....recital is OVER! DS is back from NC....and tomorrow starts me back in the business of taking care of MYself...instead of the rest of the world! LOL (my world, anyway)...

Happy Birthday, Jenn! Luv ya, miss ya....talk with you soon!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #35  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Well I am catching up on exercise, wanted to get 600 minutes of cardio in and I am currently sitting at 195. I have been actually moving this last week which is more than I can say for the weeks before. Hoping to ramp it up, but most important build the habit first, increase the minutes second!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:19 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

vacation was not my friend!
it was horrible! i ate lots of junk i don't normally eat. got no sleep and gained 4 pounds back!!!
since there is only 2 weeks left of this month my goals have to be altered. i pledge to work out for 350 minutes a week from now until june 30. i also pledge to be up and moving with Linda and Angie. i feel like i have been letting everyone down. especially me.
no more excuses! i love my kids more than that! they are more important than cookies everyday or sleeping late every weekend! it is for them that i get up and move my butt!! when we went to the beach last week, all i wanted to do was lay around and sleep or read. i didn't do as much with the kiddies as i should have. i just didn't have the energy, what an eye opener!! it's not fair for my kids to have a mom that doesn't feel like doing anything ALL THE TIME!!
so from now on when i look at that huge plate of comfort foods, i will say NO, comfort comes from the love of my kids and hubby, not a plate of mashed potatoes! my kids are more important than any junk food, they are the most important things in my life and i need to really be ther for them.
enough of this ranting, i will move my butt today!!
Old 06-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #37  
urs

S/C/G: 168/157/125

Height: 5 ft 6in

Default Checkin in on 6/18/07

Friday: 60 minutes/ 2 miles? of cardio

Saturday: 75 minutes of cardio/ 5 miles

I noticed I am falling behind on my exercise...I am not where I should be on the min/miles...a little low...but I will reach my goal this month!

Gahundy...I know how you feel...its hard not being able to chase around DS and play with him because I am so tired and icky feeling all the time. When I exercise my energy is back up...so you have the right frame of mind now to really work for it...just know that I am truckin along with you
Old 06-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #38  

Height: 5'5"

OK, a mere 20 min on the treadmill today seems all I have been able to squeeze in, but that's ok for today....I have done well with eating today....so I have that. Eating was just terrible this whole weekend, starting on Thursday. I missed dinner for 3 days in a row, and ended up eating at 11pm or so....blah....I HATE that!

Amy, I am sorry you are feeling so down on yourself, but sometimes that is what seems to kick me in the butt and get me motivated...anger with myself for allowing me to not "live". I know exactly what you are saying. You are right, living life to the fullest cannot even compete with any darn cookie. Hugs chickie! Hey, I have been mia lately, I didn't know that Angie has been getting up early like Linda....I remember her last comment being she would just kill herself out of lack of coordination that early in the morning. Good for her....and you...you will get back on track. Seems to me that you have been exercising your butt off (so to speak), maybe you need to really concentrate on your food.

In my absence, I have neither gained nor lost....so I need to buckle down here.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:56 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

ok girls i am back in the groove...
yesterday i got in 15 minutes on the treadmill
and 40 with meredith for a total of 55 minutes for yesterday.
and so far today i have done 25 minutes of aerobic with denise austin. yes, you read right, TODAY. i got up at did my workout at 500am! linda i bet you were surprised to see me this morning
this afternoon i plan on getting in another 45 on the elliptical/treadmill (it will be some of both)
so far for this week i have logged 80 minutes which leaves me with 270 minutes to go. i can do this, i know i can!!
how is everyone else doing?? people aren't posting like they used to.
have a great day chickies...amy
Old 06-25-2007, 12:49 PM   #40  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Happy Monday, ladies! What a busy month it has been...looks like everyone is caught up with the whirlwind of activity, and little free time.

No change in the last week, but since I did have Birthday Brownies, and a week with no Roid and late days at work, I can't complain.

Would you believe we got up to 94 degrees yesterday? It was almost too hot to exist! Luckily we got all the yardwork taken care of on Saturday. It's gonna be a hot one this year. Glad I left some indoor stuff to take care of when it gets too hot to work out there.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:02 PM   #41  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Ok well I am checking in here, been a great couple weeks weight wise, not so hot exercise wise. Been trying to eat whole foods as much as I can and working on changing the family's diet slowly, counting my calories has been great and helping lots as you can see from the changes.

As for exercise my goal was 600 minutes in June and to develop the habit of doing something aerobic daily, well its not going so well. I have gotten 255 minutes of exercise so far this month. Unfortunatley I have been somewhat hindered first by a week long uti and then it moved into my kidneys! So now I am on a week of meds that don't allow me to be in the sun at all! Good thing I live in Seattle heh, but my kidneys have been hurting a lot and even the small evening walk we took the other day was hard because I could feel it with every step I took. Hopefully this week will go better but I am a little concerned since my kidneys are still sore and I am almost done with my meds...well here is hoping.

I plan on trying to take a bellydancing class offered near my house with a friend on Wednesday, sounds like so much fun and think my figure is the type that is ideal for that. They seem to like women with more meat on their bones (even fit) and I love to have fun while exercising.

Ok blabbed enough, have a good week!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:24 PM   #42  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Lovely. All that yard work this past weekend? Tuesday, the blisters started. Poison Ivy. Lovely! I'm covered with it. And it itches like crazy. A friend suggested the Cortaid Poison Ivy kit, and I've already gone thru a full bottle of the spray. There's got to be something else out there that works on this. Anyone have recommendations?

I'll be back- trying to touch as few things as possible, to not spread this through the house.
Closed Thread