3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Whole Foods Lifestyle (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle-209/)
-   -   Hello Im a newbie to whole foods vegan lifestyle :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle/111665-hello-im-newbie-whole-foods-vegan-lifestyle.html)

Autumn S 05-03-2007 07:04 PM

Hello Im a newbie to whole foods vegan lifestyle :)

Hi Im Autumn, 34 year old sahm. I am a new vegan as of a month ago due to gallbladder removal. I also avoid gluten due to celiac disease and soy due to my thyroid condition. I also have trouble with nuts seeds and oils. Currently my fat consists of fish oil and flax seed. My main diet consists of a variety of beans, rice (preferably long grain brown rice) veggies and fruit. I also limit potatoes and tomatoes with me having calcium absorption problems.

Im on a road to lose 169 lbs as of yesterday. I have lost 16 pounds total so far but I believe I had quite a bit of bloating due to dairy and meat products.

I did post on the veggie board but its a little slow paced. Can I join you all? :)

Autumn

Tampaquillowner 06-21-2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Currently my fat consists of fish oil and flax seed
Not to criticize but if you are taking fish oil then you are not a vegan. Good job on the weight loss. You may want to consider just going with the flax if being vegan is important to you.

I am on the slow road to veganism, I still eat dairy once a day most days. Good luck with your loss!

SoulBliss 06-21-2007 01:09 PM

Hello! I am vegan and eat a whole foods diet. PM me anytime of you need support! :carrot:

There are many great sources of EFA's that are indeed vegan, from oils to whole foods themselves.

Ciera, would you share your motivation to eventually become vegan? I always like to know why people make this choice (a great choice, in my opinion!).

mals1 06-21-2007 01:28 PM

:carrot: Hello! I am fairly new to this section myself. I am not vegan but I am in the process of moving to a whole foods lifestyle.

LindaT 06-21-2007 01:58 PM

Welcome everyone.. glad to have you.! You'll love the food!

RosieKate 06-22-2007 09:19 AM

Welcome, Autumn! I'm fairly new to the whole foods area of 3FC, but not to whole foods lifestyle. I'm not a vegan, but enjoy many of the foods vegans like.

I just wanted to say who much I have appreciated the Whole Foods threads. It's refreshing to have found a group that thinks the way I do about food. That has been a real challenge. I have many wonderful supportive friends here and IRL, but few who get into my rantings about "faux" foods to the degree I am capable of doing it :P When I start talking about baking my own whole wheat bread or growing lettuces at my support group, eyes start crossing and people think I am a bit nuts. Some just want the next 100-calorie pack of whatever is on the grocery shelf and my way of eating is completely foreign. It's good for a reality check for me, but I am so glad you all are here!

Mama2aboi 07-01-2007 08:11 AM

I love this whole foods section!!! I feel so inspired to start a grocery list ...I feed my almost three year old a whole lot of good foods but I snack on really unhealthy stuff after he is in bed...

My partner is vegetarian and I was one for about 8 years....traveling and living in Asia changed that for a year or two...I now eat fish and organic white meat with my little dude. I think being a vegan would be difficult for me but I would like to cut back on dairy items because I suspect that they do not work for me. I can take or leave meat items and mainly have some only a few times a month when I cook some for little dude (we struggled with what to feed him and I know that healthy growing food for little ones can be done on a veggie and or a vegan diet we were just unsure of our capabitlities of ensuring he had everything he needed).

Happy to find this section of the board and inspired by this thread:D