Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/164/135

Height: 5'4

LOL, what is WATP? Although I'm not sure I want to know. I don't enjoy the combination of sadistic smilers and exercise!

Well chickies, even though it was cold and overcast last night, I did indeed get a short jog in. In fact, when I checked my time and distance, I could even log it in fitday as "running"! Yes, it was 11.5 mph, so not exactly olympic speed, but for someone who has never run in her life, I was pretty excited. Anyway, I digress.... so I'm up to 195 minutes towards my 315 goal with four days to go. I'm planning on going to Curves tonight, and it's my weigh and measure day so hopefully it will be good news (they do it once a month).

Jennifer - I'm aiming for 45 minutes of exercise a day with no rest day. Although I usually end up with one . I'm hoping this challenge will keep me better on track. I read that 30 minutes a day is minimum for good health, and weight loss should be 60 a day, so I thought 45 a day would be a good, realistic goal to ease me in. We'll see how it goes!

Renee - that faux gyro sounds delicious. I might have to try that recipe!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

Here is the recipe for the gyro burgers, if you are interested:

Here is the recipe...hope you like it!

2 (8oz) containers of plain yogurt, divided ( I used lowfat)
1 (1 oz) pkg dry ranch-style dressing mix
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef ( I used sirloin and 2 pounds worth)
1/4 cup finely diced onions (I used vidalia)
6 pita bread rounds ( I used 4 whole wheat ones cut in half, and just stuffed the halves)
2 c torn lettuce leaves ( I used a bag of torn romaine)
1 tomato seeded and diced ( I used roma tomatoes and diced about 3- we like tomatoes! )

Combine 1 container of yogurt with ranch dressing mix. Remove half of the mixture to another bowl. Into one of the bowls, add the remaining container of yogurt and diced cuke; mix well. Cover and reserve for later. Mix the ground beef and the onion into the remaining yogurt mixture( I added some salt and pepper too); shape into patties. Grill on med heat until done ( I used the indoor grill pan,but you def could do out on the grill).
Cut end off of pita pockets and fill with lettuce, burger, cucumber sauce, and tomatoes.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Exercise yesterday consisted of a 20 minute bike ride at home then went to the gym. Completed 10 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the eliptical with a 40 minute weight session. I'm really liking the eliptical for a weight bearing exercise.

healthyeater-- I count mowing the grass as exercise. I timed myself last week to see how long it actually took me. Since I've purchased my new lawn mower I don't have to stop to refill cause it's electric.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #19  

Default Welcome

Welcome those new to the thread : phantastica, Ceejay and Lauren, I think I got you last month.. if not.. WELCOME too!! We are group of sweaty ladies who think nothing is more fun than stinkin' up the joint. Yes we DO think that.

I got in my 350 minutes for the week so I am pleased. I posted about my back in the journals but not sure if I did here. On Sunday, I bent over to pick up a sock and OUCH. Really pulled something. It's been sore and a challenge all week, but it is improving. I've been doing my desk job with a heating pad strapped to my back all week and I've also been dealing with the ribbing and teasing about age from those that walk in and see my in my office. Betweem my back, my torn shoulder and my ulcer/inflammation I told a co-worker that if one more thing happens I am going to bed and not coming back to work until I am well and can stop hurting myself.

Let's see how all of you are doing!

Amy, you have done wonderfully. It's all about progress and not perfection. A few months ago, could you ever have imagined you'd be exercising like this?

phantastica - I too am an aerobics junkie so glad you are here. Rollerblading also sounds likea blast but I am te type the seems to injure myself so I think I'll stay away from that until they come out with a bubble pack suit I can wear. Good going

Renee, I am glad you got a good workout. Heavy yardwork can be excellent excercise. As long as the scale moves downward I would say fine count it! It's good that you are mixing up the types of exercise you are doing. That can only help you avoid injuries.

Lauren - Wow, you jog? Really? I wish I could, but I got banned from that by my orthopedic surgeon years ago. Besides, even if my ankle and knees were in decent shape, my lower belly bounces so much it hurts. I need a belly bra. WATP is a walking video with the eternally perky Lesile Sansone. She really is very nice, but sometimes i want to stuff a zucchini in her mouth for a little quiet.

LwyrChickie - Nice to see you. I hope you are getting exercise in. You know how cranky I can get when you don't.

Ceejay - sure you can join us. 1200 minutes is very ambitious. Good for you! I am glad you are enjoying the eliptical. I really do need to try one of those some day.

Jenn - Oh yes Wide bike seats really can help. That's been my peeve about bikes and stationary bikes for awhile. All the seats make my heinie hurt!! I've never been to the Macaroni Grill as luckily we don't have one nearby but you are brave going there. Sounds like you did good too.

So now I need to hobble off into the sunset and deal with work issues. Happy weekend and reamember to sweat! Your body will thank you for it.

Last edited by LindaT; 05-04-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #20  

ok, I just have to report that I am in from cutting the entire lawn. Geesh! I started at 1pm and it took me 2 hours...I am stinky and definatley sweaty! LOL the grass was so long in the back...poor drainage back there and this time of year it really gets wet...which is why it hasn't been cut for 2 weeks...it was so long, and wet the ducks were sitting in the grass the beginning of the week! It is not so much the mowing that gets me, it's the bagging....it was so long I had to empty the bag every single swipe....7 big, full black garbage bags later....LOL I'm pooped. Off to do laundry! LOL
Old 05-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #21  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Woo Hoo! Looks like my restraint at Macaroni Grill, and the killer interval bike ride I did helped keep things on track! Down to 66 pounds gone. And I get to change my tracker! LOL. I started off this morning with 2 miles WATP for abs, and since hubby is still napping (he got up at 3am, worked a little, and then went back to bed at 7:30am) I might get on the bike. We've got a day of either yard work or sorting through boxes planned, and I wanted to make sure I had some formal exercise in, to kick start things for whatever the day brings. I may also get on the bike once we are done for the day.

Ok...time to get this day moving in high gear. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #22  

I planned a trip to the gym after 5 p.m. but when I got there I remember they close at 5 p.m. on Friday afternoon. I'll go this afternoon for a weight session.

I felt the burn of the 45 minute bike ride yesterday in my upper legs this morning. A warm bath took care of the ouchies.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:49 PM   #23  

I've updated my challenge to 215 minutes done. I went to the gym this afternoon and completed a 25 minute walk on the treadmill, only 6 minutes on the eliptical and the rest of the time doing weights.

No exercise tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #24  

You ladies have so inspired me that I made a new signature for my exercise challenge!

I am also excited because I had been stuck for a while on a plateau, and today I was three pounds lighter on the scale. It sure is nice to get a boost like that to keep motivated.

Congrats lwyrchick on passing the bar and your exciting new job - that's great!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

Good mornign ladies! it sounds like everyone has been busy the last few days.
well this weekend i didn't get in a workout because we had to have our kitchen floors redone and hubby had to work so i had to stay home. but the floors look great!! i am so happy, i have hated those floors since the day we moved in!
well here is some good news...
the gym i go to is owned by the medical clinic i work for so the managers decided to divide the contestants into two groups, members and employees. i had the most points of the employees who participated so i won 10 half hour sessions with a personal trainer!! yay me.. i am so excited, i have my first session today. who'd a thunk it, me, a winner in an exercise contest!!
needless to say i was in a good mood all weekend, but this morning i am exhausted! the guy who did our floors stayed late both nights and ds went to bed late both nights, so i have not had much sleep this weekend. next weekend is full up too!
oh well maybe i will get to ed early tonight!
i'll check in again later chickies...amy
Old 05-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #26  
urs

S/C/G: 168/157/125

Height: 5 ft 6in

Smile My May exercise goals!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Linda has been such a motivator for me on the journals, so I am going to subscribe to this exercise challenge! My goal is to walk/run/climb stairs whatever I have to do for a minimum of 420 Minutes and 14 miles per week. My weeks will be from Saturday to Friday.

May 5th: 40 minutes on treadclimber
Total 40/420 minutes
2 miles for the day
Total 2/14 miles
May 6th: 62 minutes: 40 minutes-treadclimber, 12 minutes-treadmill, 10 minutes
stair step machine
Total 102/420 minutes
2.5 miles for the day
Total 4.5/14 miles for the week

Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #27  

Who hoo! I exceeded my first week goal! Did 20 minutes walking yesterday (what a nice day), then Curves and yoga tonight. And ...... I lost another pound this morning. Best of all, I just feel really good. Lots of energy and pep and yet destressed at the same time. Thanks to everyone on this thread for being such an inspiration (especially you, Amy - how great that you won the contest!). Now let's see if I can keep it up for another week!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #28  
urs

S/C/G: 168/157/125

Height: 5 ft 6in

Default May 8 2007 Day 2

Good morning everyone!

The report I posted yesterday is a little off, so I am going to update that post today with the correct information! Correct me if I'm wrong with my math

May 7 2007: treadclimber: 40 minutes/2 miles, treadmill: 12 minutes/ 1 mile, stair step machine: 10 minutes/ 1/2 mile, walk during break: 20 minutes/1 mile
Total miles to date: 10/14
Total minutes to date:184/420

May 6 2007: treadclimber: 40 minutes/2 miles,treadmill: 12 minutes/ 1 mile, stair step machine: 10 minutes/ 1/2 mile
Total miles to date: 5.5/14
Total minutes to date:102/420

May 5 2007: treadclimber: 40 minutes/ 2 miles
Total miles to date: 2/14
Total minutes to date: 40/420
Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #29  

Wow! You chicks are kicking some serious butt here!

Jenn...66 pounds gone! Woo HOOOOOOO!
Amy, WTG winning that contest...keep us posted on the personal trainer deal! And congrats on the new floor!
Ursula, glad to see you here! WELCOME!!!!!!
Lauren, love the new tracker and congrats on the great progress!
Ceejay, keep up the great job!

Gonna get going, just thought I'd check in because I missed yesterday and didn't get a chance to get here during the weekend. I will stop back later to report my sweating for the day!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #30  

Sorry but have been busy at work the past couple of days.

Sunday 73 minutes
Monday 70 minutes
Tuesday 70 minutes

Urs, nice to have you back. Stick around!
Renee, it's later.. where is the sweat posting?
Lauren, isn't exercise great to get rid of tension? i have a yellow punching bag that I beat the tar out of from time to time.
Amy, that is so cool you won this. I might look into this after my shoulder heals.. someday
Ceejay - yay for 215 minutes
Jenn hope you are doing well.
Closed Thread