Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #1  

Default I am new to this site and need encouragement

Hi Everyone,

I stumbled across this website. I see that some people have had much success changing their lifestyles which is very encouraging. I hope I can do it too. I have tried so many times to lose weight and have not been successful. Sometimes I get so depressed because I feel as if I am never going to lose weight and I get sad because I have so far to go to reach my goal. It seems like it is going to take for ever. Sometimes I just tell myself that I am going to be fat for the rest of my life but I can't go out like that!

I have decided to give it another try but this time eat much better by eating more natural foods and cut out the sugars and junk/fast food. I will also begin exercising. Hopefully this will work for me.

I am so happy to have somewhere to come to read about other's challenges and successes.

J
sweetlady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/178/120

Welcome, sweetlady!

Hold your head up high....remember you didn't gain all the weight overnight, and you won't lose it that way, either. Take it in baby steps....setting small goals for yourself, and working at them one at a time. Be patient, remember that putting food in your mouth gives but a moment's satisfaction, but the satisfaction from losing the weight, getting healthy, and looking better totally improves your quality of life. You can do it!
WendyinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #3  

Default Thanks

Wendy,

Thanks.

I am just going to take it oneday at a time and eventually I hope to see some pounds go away for good.

What are you doing to lose the weight?

J
sweetlady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #4  

Welcome to the board! I am pretty knew myself. I only found it two days ago. Take care.
oregongirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:58 PM   #5  
ebe
noob

Hi there,
You don't have to be fat your whole life if you don't want to. I've found that eating mostly whole foods and exercising is a wonderful way to lose weight. As easy for me as it's ever going to be I suppose. Let your little successes build on themselves until you get it right. And then do it again the next day. Do the best you can and you'll feel better about yourself

-Sheyna
ebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

One day at a time is the best way to go. You shouldn't beat yourself up if you eat something not ideal just turn around and eat what you planned next time. Good luck. Lots of great people here for you.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/178/120

Well, I have health issues (on bp meds that I want to get off, elevated cholesterol, and had a few kidney stones last year)...so I'm going the whole foods approach. Mostly Mediterranean Diet based, but right now, at 1200 calories a day to lose the weight. It's kind of like Sonoma (which is the diet version of Mediterranean), but with less meat...because frankly, my heart needs as little meat as it can get now. It's been working so far, and it's very easy. And extremely tasty. I feel so much better when I'm not eating much meat; that sense of extreme fullness just isn't there. It's much more of a comfortable feeling.

Good luck!
WendyinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:46 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome all you newbies!

Please feel free to join us on the exercise sticky thread, on this board. We would be happy to have new faces anytime! Support is the key to success!
healthyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #9  

Welcome. Once you kick the processed food, sodas, fast food etc to the curb. I can promise you that you will feel MUCH better. it is tough at first as some people have a tough time weaning themselves off of the old way of eating. If you get through the hard part, theere are many health rewards waiting for you.. lower BP, better bloodwork, lower chol, lower blood sugar.. etc aside from losing weight.

Last edited by LindaT; 02-21-2007 at 11:13 AM.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hello and welcome. I found the first 2 -3 weeks of my lifestyle change very difficult. Get through it any way you can. Rid your home of all the junk, keeping it filled with good and healthy foods. Plan out a daily or weekly menu. Once you get through the first few weeks it gets sooooo much easier. The cravings will practically cease, you will feel and look better, you'll most likely see a weightloss. All these things will propell you to keep going and before you know it, you're in a good groove and your new lifestyle will become second nature to you. Good luck!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote