Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #106  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Oh Linda, I can only imagine. And poor Renee who has that to look forward to! Yikes! I think curling up into the fetal position and rocking while you sob can count as cardio. I'm just in awe of how much you continue to accomplish. Rock on, fearless leader!

Hope the rest of the ladies are having a wonderful weekend!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #107  

Default Walking like Frankie...

Morning everyone. It's amazing how I forgot this month about the fact that after switching to a new DVD, I would probably be sore. This morning when I got out of bed, ouchie Mamma. My thighs!!! I didn't think the thigh exercises were all that hard and I did them without any pain, but I guess they managed to work my muscles in a different manner than I have been because I got the owies today. Inner thighs around the backs of the upper legs are feeling it today!

This morning was 75 minutes of step aerobics that I wasn't sure I'd live through The first few minutes were pretty tough on the legs, but once I got moving, they became less sore. I know tomorrow is going to be pure **** because the second day is always worse.

Everyone else, check in with your exercise. No slacking on the weekend
Old 01-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #108  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning, chickies! It's Monday...brand new week!

Yesterday was a LOT of physical work, cleaning and scrubbing, so I'm tracking that as 60 minutes of moderate cardio. And I did upper body work with hand weights and resistance bands while watching TV last night.

Today will be my rest day, because we have a board meeting tonight, where I'll be headed to right from work, and then we won tickets to a concert, which we probably will not get to, because of that board meeting. Then, whenever we get done, there's that hour drive home. Instead of having that added pressure, I'll get a good workout in tomorrow to make up for the rest today.

Linda- it's day 2...can you feel your legs?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #109  

Default Ok, I officially hurt

Morning Jenn and other missing ladies. Yep, day #2 of the new DVD and yes I still hate Bob. The first go around with the new DVD on Saturday was tough, but doing this with my sore muscles caused quite a bit of colourful language this morning. Inner thighs, outer thighs and now my lower abs have gotten into the act. Needless to say, I'mm walking funny when I first get up. Today was the first try at the cardio portion and this one is also worthless, IMHO. I don't know about you, but I think cardio is done on your feet, not rolling around on the floor. She interspersed floor work, with moving around on her feet and she did the floor work on a hardwood floor with NO MAT! I am sorry, but my body cannot handle kneeling on doing anything on the floor without a mat. Some of the moves were very complication martial art ones, which I could live with but I cannot do floor work without a mat.. period. So she won't be watched again. Of the three I've had, only one of them really was acceptable and that one was annoying because of the instructor. Oh well, back to my own cardio to do the additional 30 minutes I need on Bob Days.

Turtle, Renee and Mel.. come out come out!!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #110  

Height: 5'5"

Good Monday all!

OK Linda...you are officially scaring the crap outa me about the fourth dvd, which may be sitting in my mailbox as I type! Well, we will be better woman for it! LOL I was beginning to think that the stiffness in the morning was just because I was getting old! Good, I am glad it is just because I am working out! LOL I agree about the cardio portions of PUSH, worthless... I have just been speed walking on the treadmill on PUSH days. Sorry you are sore. That was me last week. In the beginning of the week, I could not even lift my arms above my head without pain! One time, last year, my friend talked me into joining this butts and gutts class at the dance studio where my daughter dances. (ok, I should've known by the name it wasn't for me) I was so sore the next day, I could hardly move out of a chair. It was really pathetic. I decided that it just wasn't for me. Most of the ladies in there were easily doing the routine. I was the biggest girl in there. That really sucked. That is why I ordered the beginner series with PUSH, because if that was an experience exerciser, it wasn't me! LOL

I gained a pound from last week. I am just going to take it in stride and chalk it up to increasing the weight last week and actually gettting all three days of bob in. Muscle, maybe?? Also, TOM is due any day, and some months, I tell ya.... Yes, last week could've been better, but for the most part it was good. So I will just keep my fingers crossed for next week.

Jennifer and all you ladies MIA, keep on grooving! Jenn, you are really getting in the miles there! New tennies are always a good incentive to move. I am about ready myself! Currently I am using Nike shox, and they rock. Lots and lots of cushioning!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #111  
"workin' on my fitness"

Ok, my work day is done....and now, off to Target to see if I can find a set of the squishy weights for Mom, since she's also using the WATP tapes. Had I know, I'd have gotten hers when I picked up mine. We'll see- and since I can park, rush in, look, and rush out, I'm going to get some cardio in, even if it isn't 30 minutes. I'll park at the far end of the parking lot, and move my tush, since I have some time before hubby will be down here for the meeting.

Renee, that pound is one of my phantom 6 from that mess 2 weeks ago- it worked its way over to you. Kick it to the curb for good, willya please?

Oooh, and I'm going to post a gratuitious sneaker picture, for motivation.
Attached Images
File Type: gif sneaker.gif (23.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #112  
"workin' on my fitness"

yes, I officially HAVE lost my mind
Old 01-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #113  

HELLO!

Jenn, I LIKE those tennies! Nice motivation!

I woke up this morning with the absolute worse backache (feels like someone kicked me in my flank area--hard) and a headache to boot, all curtosy of TOM, who arrived two days ahead of schedule. So I opted to not walk on the treadmill today. If I feel better by tonite, I promise to hop up and do a bit. It's snowing outside my window....again....how many more days till spring??

Make it a good day. I am going to make chicken soup, which I was supposed to make yesterday, but realized it was wishful thinking because I had too much to do to cut and chop and skim all day. But today, not a whole lot planned. It's cold out, so chicken soup should hit the spot.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:18 PM   #114  

Afternoon everyone. I stayed home today due to having a bad IBS bout during the night from some fruit, I think. The fruit won, so I didn't get a lot of sleep. Anyway, feeling better today, just a little sleep deprived. A nap later on will set things right. I just finished 45 minutes of step aerobics because exercise helps the blood move and everything feels better!

Hope you feel better Renee. Back aches can be a PITA. I hope you are able to walk on the dreadmill later. Moving will help. I know getting moving is the painful part so I hope you are able to.

Jenn, any exercise is better than none at all so do what you are able to, when you have time constraints.

Turtle and Mel.. hope you are both still among the living!!
Old 01-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #115  
"workin' on my fitness"

Evening, ladies! Wow, can you believe that January is nearly over? Where the heck did it go? Kinda like our free time, right?

Ok- success to report for yesterday. I went to 3 different Target stores while waiting for Hubby to finish his inspections, and meet me before the board meeting. At each store, I parked in the last row of parking from the store, walked briskly in, did my search, walked out less briskly (so as not to be taken as a shoplifter!) and then once I hit the parking lot, I went back up to a brisk pace. It probably was about 15 minutes total, but I felt better for doing something physical, and not copping out, taking a close spot and trying to kill time puttering around.

Today- did 2 miles WATP with the squishy weights. They are only 2 pounds, but they sure do make a difference when you lift them for the 300th time towards the end. Getting higher on the knee lifts, too. Then, since Mary is ahead of me with our mileage challenge, and yesterday was lacking, I did 8 miles on the bike. Now, I'm cooling down while I update here, log food, and then dinnertime- chicken breast with a little mustard, and about 1/2oz swiss cheese. Hubby's choice of veggie tonight- it will be a surprise.

I'll do some light stretching during House tonight, but other than that, the day is done, I am pooped, and it's 41 degrees here! Renee, Mel, Mary- stop sending Linda and me your weather this winter!!!

Linda, sorry you were home with issues today. Feeling less sore tonight after day 3 with the new routine?

Renee, hope your back is loosening up & you're feeling some relief.

Mel, hope the eyes aren't bothering you too much, and that you're just busy with firemen or something else exciting

Mary, be careful in all that snow you're having right now, chickie. And don't you dare stay up half the night pedaling to pull ahead again!

Have a great night, everyone!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:14 AM   #116  

Morning everyone. Third workout with Bob was completed this morning with minimal agony, so that is good. After 40 minutes with Bob, I did 30 minutes of aerobics so I got the blood pumping nicely. PUSH needs to taka look at how everyone else is doing their cardio workouts and follow suit because their workouts are really not good at all IMHO. They have the strength training part down really well, but cardio? Umm nope!

Glad you got a workout in Jenn. Anything will help improve and pretty soon you'll be doing high kicks like a Rockette!

Renee hope the back is better!

Mel, hope the peepers are feeling better!

Turtlebutt, ahem.. where ARE you???
Old 01-31-2007, 01:45 PM   #117  

good afternoon gals!

Thank you Linda and Jenn, my back is better today. I haven't gotten my exoercise in for today yet, because I just got back from getting my hair highlighted and my brows waxed. I told the girl that cuts my hair today, to please let me know when she thinks the highlighting isn't covering the greys anymore so we can have a new plan of action. Sometimes we just don't realize that something doesn't look right and just keep doing it that way because we are so comfortable with it...I don't want that to happen.

Anyway....Linda, I have not seen bob at all this week yet. BAD. I know. I am ready to move onto session number two on dvd 3. I still have not gotten my dvd 4 yet in the mail. I am beginning to wonder if it got lost. I think that you should email PUSH with your comments about the cardio portions of their program. I am going to. Like I said, we can't be the only two people out there who do not like it.

Jenn, way to go girl! You are doing well with all that moving! I am sorry about the cool temps in Florida, but ....um....41 degrees sounds like a heat wave to me right now!LOL I think we hit 16 degrees for a high so far! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! LOL Anyway, just as long as you don't get freezing temps, cuz I don't want the produce to get any more $$$ than it already is! Maybe we all need to bike a bit further south, like say, Austrailia! LOL It's summer there!

Take care chickies! Mel and turtle, I hope you come back soon!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #118  
"workin' on my fitness"

Just a quick fly by tonight, reporting my 5 miles on the bike, and upper body circuit with hand weights and resistance bands.

Happy February! Tommorow's a whole new month! I'm aiming for 100 miles on the bike for the month, for cardio. And going to check out my old cheat sheets to see what else I can do with these resistance bands for more strength training.
Closed Thread