Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #1  
Sufferer of abibliophobia

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Question which way to 'buy' in?

I was kind of on WW just before I got pregnant with my now one month old daughter. A friend was in it and shared some of her starter kit with me. I still maintained the program for the first half of my pregnancy, but modified as though I was breastfeeding.

My question is which program to 'buy' into. I don't really want to go to meetings, I don't have time actually, but I want/need the 'starter' kit thing. Can I just join online to get it, then not pay any more? Or do I need to buy into the live meetings to get the package?

Is any of that making sense?

I really like WW and I really need to start watching my diet now that my daughter is 6wks.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

If I were you and didn't want to go to weekly meetings, I'd join a meeting at a time when there's free registration, go to one meeting where you get the starter kit and the leader's explanation, and then quit going. That's the cheapest way to get the stuff AND the explanation and get any questions answered plus you get the input from any other new members who are there when you are.

With that said, I'm going to put in a plug for meetings. I tried many, many times to do WW without going to meetings. Never worked for me. I need that support and accountability. And, from what I've read, WW research supports the idea that people who attend meetings are more successful at losing weight AND keeping it off, which is the hardest part of weight loss. However, everyone is different, and you certainly might be one of those exceptions. Whatever you decide to do, make a commitment to yourself and to healthy living.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #3  
banned

yeah but w the new plan theres 3 mo of materials she wont get.... w the home kit its cheaper in the long run and will get the 3 mo at once
Old 12-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

There are several ways now and it is all up to you which program to buy into. W/W just introduced a revised or modified or updated (whatever you want to call it) points program with some slight changes in the food list too.

1) meetings alone
2) meetings w/e-tools paid separate or monthly pass (meetings w/etools included but only avail in certain areas)
3) online only
4) at home

With all the programs you get all the info..however sometimes the 'clarification' is hard to find with the online program.

Which will be most successful for you...that depends on you.
Closed Thread