Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 10:08 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life group

Just in case any of you are online over the holiday weekend. Fat chance - you're all out shopping, aren't you?

Wanted to let you know that I am finally feeling better after catching the most brutal cold I've ever had. Finally went to the doctor for antibiotics on wednesday and they are kicking in enough for me to be at work today. Missed three days last week and two this week. Can't ever remember being knocked over so completely by a cold.

Haven't lost or gained any weight. With the complete lack of activity over the past two weeks, I'm thinking that might be due to muscle loss

Catch up with all of you next week.

Susan
Old 11-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Susan: I've stayed far away from the shopping mall--we drove by and it was jammed! Nothing major from the ads that I could see. I'm glad you're feeling better! It's amazing what a dose of antibiotics can do for a person! I was up 3# at my WI on Wednesday--I'm getting discouraged to say the least. This rollercoaster that I'm on is getting really tiring. I've stepped up my exercise and tried to tweak my eating by getting variety. *sigh* I don't want to gain any more!! I get to work at WW tonight. Have a good weekend!!!

Melissa
Old 11-27-2006, 08:14 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Susan, So sorry to hear you have been so sick. Sounds like an awful cold. Hopefully you are on the mend.

Yes, I went shopping on Black Friday. It was fun and I'm finished. Now I can concentrate on baking and decorating.

The play went fairly well. Some of the actors still don't know their lines as well as they should.

DH ran a marathon here yesterday. He was doing fine till mile 18 and then his quads got very sore. He still finished with a 4:13, but he was not happy.

Melissa, sorry about the gain. You have really had a rollercoaster ride. Do you have any idea why that is? Is it the medication you are taking?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Lisa: I question whether or not I'm on the right dosage of thyroid meds but the doctor keeps telling me "your levels are in the normal range"...if they're normal then why is my weight creeping and not coming down with added exercise? I've cut back on my points and that's still not helping. *sigh* I've really thought about switching doctors...
Old 11-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #5  

Height: 6'0"

Sometimes switching doctors is a good thing. I know that the thyroid is very key to your weight.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:38 AM   #6  

Melissa: Sorry you are struggling. If your doctor isn't listening, perhaps switching would be a good idea. It must be so frustrating to be doing all the right things and still registering a gain.

Lisa: I too am finished my shopping. I pulled all the Christmas decorations out of the garage on the weekend and might start putting some of them out tonite, provided I feel better than I do right now.

Yes, the dreaded cold has yet to release me from its grip. I actually went back to my doctor yesterday because after six days of antibiotics, I am still not feeling very good. She didn't have encouraging news - the meds are for the bronchial infection and won't do a thing for the cold which must run its course.

It's 2 full weeks today and I feel almost as bad right now as I did 14 days ago. Hard to believe there isn't something else at play, yet I have heard of people who've had this thing for 4 weeks.

My running has taken a big hit, along with other things. Thank God for meditation and yoga; they've helped me keep it in perspective. I participated in an all-day meditation/yoga session on Saturday. We spent the day in complete silence (except for the instructors). I thought it would be harder than it actually was to keep quiet; even after the session was over I didn't feel much like talking, and that's a mouthful coming from me.

Weight is down today. All my muscle is disappearing. Whaaaaaa!!!

Susan
Closed Thread