Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 01:00 PM   #46  
burned out bus driver

Rose- you are so right about having a tough time getting back on plan. You are not alone, many discussed this problem at this mornings meeting. What was discussed was the importance of taking the time for you.......and all that that entails. Getting back on program.........planning those meals, getting the water in and, of course workouts. And how much better we all feel when things are kicking in. Hope you can find your stride! I am proud of you too for staying OP yesterday! Keep it up!

Down a whopping .6.........glad to see that though!!!! My meeting,(Laura for those who know her) was awesome....she was on fire.
Better get back to work.
See ya-
Ginny
Old 11-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #47  
burned out bus driver

Gee, did I scare everyone off?????

Hope that it is just plain busyness........and that everyone is ok!
Busy here too- but I did get a 25 minute walk in this am. Please don't be impressed- if I did not walk you would probably find me in the police blotter for some strange crime.....my walks keep me sane.

Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 11-30-2006, 02:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Gosh I thought I replied to this thread already yesterday (confused as usual).

You didn't scare me off whatsoever. I had my weigh in - it was a 2 week one as I didn't make it last week and I lost 1 1/4 lbs!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!! Total this month of 4 pounds gone and it was during a crazy holiday month. I am so proud of myself I'm beaming like a kid at Christmas.

I know what you mean about the walks keeping you sane Ginny - I find them very therapeutic and find out the world isn't such a crazy insane place after I've completed a good brisk walk.

I just posted my 10% goal in the holiday thread. It's a whole 6 lbs but with good planning, I know I can do it!

CHeck in everybody - Linda where'd ya go hon? Paige? Christian?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #49  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone I would like to join in here. I have not read all thge enteries but I could use a place to drop in and record. I finally Joined ww this week. Whoo, I have been trying it on my own and failed horriably. Anyway, I was amazed at my weight gain so I am glad I went. My scale is soooo offf. I actually like my scale better. My goal is to lose weight if poss over the next few weeks.If not I need to maintain my weight. So far so good. I have recordrd for 3 days and know that is my down fall. I do have a thyroid condition but Doc gave me the ok to start ww, so Again I hope you all do not mind me hanging around...
Old 11-30-2006, 03:41 PM   #50  

djmommy - WELCOME!!! I am in awe of anyone who starts during the holidays! Stop by whenever you need to!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #51  
focused and aiming

hi there. i normally post on the core thread but thought i'd jump in here, too. like djmommy, i haven't read all the posts on this thread, but i plan to do so in a bit. dh and i are traveling right now. we've been away from home since october 27. i lost almost 5 lbs the first half of our trip but have been gaining the past 3 weeks. i'm struggling and need to get my focus back.

i look forward to getting to know each of you.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #52  
focused and aiming

just finished reading this thread. i recognize a few of you and am glad i found where you are posting.

i am too far behind here to respond to everything that's been posted, but i did want to comment on this: " We are not living to lose weight, we are losing to live." what a wonderful statement! i wish i'd read this sooner. i have a habit of "living to lose". i also have the habit of "living to eat." i definitely need to work on "living."

i am so happy to have met each of you and am looking forward to getting to know you all better.

as i said earlier, dh and i are on an extended stay away from home. it's been like holidays for us since late october. we're having our last family get-together for the year tomorrow night. we're meeting at a mexican food restaurant in ft. worth, tx. saturday dh and i wil be competing in an archery tournament then sunday we're heading back to montana.

i will be able to be online till sunday am. after that i will be away from net access for at least a week. i'm just telling you all this so you'll know what's going on with us right now.

i have gone to ww for wi 4 times while on this trip. if we're in pocatello, idaho next fri, i'll go again. if not, i'll go when we get back to montana. as of monday's wi, i am the same weight as i was the end of october just before we left home.

tomorrow night should be my last "tough" meal. eating while on the road is easier for me.

linda, i read something about a challenge going on now. i didn't see what the challenge is, but i'd like to hop in if possible. i need some motivation to get me going again.

i apologize for this being so long. i hope i haven't bored all of you.

i'll be back later. i hope all of you are having a great--op!!--day.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #53  
burned out bus driver

Welcome Ontarget and DJ!!!!!!!! This is a happy supportive thread.....I really love the new friends I have made here. DJ, I have 2 WW members at my meeting who have thyroid problems.......it can work well with those with thyroid problems and you can lose. On target- well, being the same is good......you did not gain, right?

Rose- congrats on the 1.4#loss!!! Especially this time of year!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you.

Gotta go get dinner on........nite!
Ginny
Old 11-30-2006, 06:06 PM   #54  
focused and aiming

ginny, thank you for the welcome. i appreciate your support. i'm hoping to have a loss when we get home in a week or so. time will tell.

rose, congratulations on your weightloss. that's impressive for sure.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #55  

I'm here, I'm here...I've been reading, just not posting. I actually feel like I've been a bit more on track the last few days. I'm telling you, I am so positive it is because of pms and hormones that I get so off track every month for that week and a half. Sooooo frustrated with that. I guess maybe now that I really recognize that and know that is what it is, I can prepare myself better. That's the theory anyway.

I ended up gaining back about 4lbs. It kills me to have to change my stats and my signature because 204 was the lowest that I've been in 5 years. I know I got there once, I'll get there again....just sucks. And I have come the the sad conclusion that I do not think I will be wearing that black dress next Friday to dh's xmas party. As it was, at 204 I needed to probably lose another 5lbs to really feel comfortable in it, and I'm just not thinking that 9lbs will be coming off in a week.

On the bright side, I still have time to make my xmas goal of being in ONEderland. I WILL BE THERE. I've gotta keep saying that because right now I'm not feeling so confident!

Sorry I haven't been posting much...I've been trying to tie loose ends with the end of the semester. I turned in that huge (huge, huge, huge) project that I had due for two of my classes and got an A (actually better than that because I got 100%) I still have a term paper due on Tuesday (with an oral presentation) and then three finals and one certification test. I can't wait for this semester to be over.

Anyway...it has taken be about two or three hours to write this...so many interruptions! Hope everyone is doing well...

Paige
Old 11-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #56  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone, Thank you for the warm welcome.... Boy do I need it. I did awesome today. Dh Ask to go out to eat and the place he suggested was not good.SOOO I called him up and told him to change places. We did and I had a great low pt meal.I have recorded everything and stayed within my pt range. I am only using 1-3 extra pts. I may do well at this this time around. I just need to stay motivated. Congrads to all of you with weight loss. I can not wait to tell you some loss next week. We will see.Tom is coming I can tell ....oh well. Chat later.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:16 AM   #57  

Good morning all! I am really feeling so much better today, much more motivated and feeling "back on track."

Welcome to all the newbies! I love the girls on this thread. There is no way I would of stuck with it the last few months if I hadn't of been posting here. I can't wait to get to know all of you!

Ginny- I have been meaning to ask you, the next time you are at one of Laura's meetings, would you ask her if she has a copy of the 7 days poem? I don't know if she has ever read it to your group, but it's a little poem about how you start off the week thinking you can slip up a little because you have 7 days till your weigh in, and each day you get closer and get further off track. Ever since she read it (like 4 years ago!) I've been trying to find it and can't. It's a great poem and makes you realize how just that one little slip up can snowball. If she doesn't have it anymore or doesn't know what I mean, that's ok. Thanks!

Rose-Congrats on the 1.4! Such a great thing, especially during a holiday.

Anyway...lots to do again today! I'm having a "girls only" naughty-type party (*snicker*) tomorrow so I've gotta get the house clean and go to Walmart to get some ingredients for the appetizers. I'm trying to have a few things that are healthier, too, as I'm finding that those are things that usually go over really well, and then I can snack on those things instead of the not-so-healthy things that I'm making.

Hope everyone else has a great day!

Paige
Old 12-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #58  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. tonight is our last get together with family before we leave texas to head back to montana. i confess i'm not op today but i am watching what i am eating and trying not to overdo it. tonight is going to be emotional. i hate having to say good-bye to my son, dil, and granddaughters. dh and i won't get to see them again for about a year.

enough whining, though. we will be able to keep in touch via email and telephone.

paige, i gained over 4 lbs the past 3 weeks. all i know to say is, "we lost them once; we can lose them again."

a ww leader i once had told us that there are just 2 reasons why people don't lose weight:
1. they don't know how.
2. they don't want to.

i know i gained cuz of #2. weightloss took a backseat to other priorities. starting sunday, it's going to be foremost again.

penny, are you reading here? i'd love for you to hop in and join us.

dj, i applaud you for joining during the holidays. i'll bet you're feeling better physically and emotionally already. i know i always do when i'm op.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #59  

Hello from the yucky stormy midwest. We got hit with an ice storm late last night early this a.m. Got up at 5 a.m. to check out the weather. Went back to bed to wait for daybreak because I WILL NOT travel on ice expressways where fools drive in the dark and to see if school was cancelled. Yep it was cancelled. I got my shower and went downstairs and BAM out went the power. Estimated restoration 4 p.m. TOMORROW!!! I headed to work. DH was home all day and the temps kept dropping at the house. Snow kept falling. I finally got home after a couple of errands after work. Went potty and came out of the bathroom and the power restored!!! VOILA!!!! But it was 7:30 and I was starving. DH kept me on task though and I came through the day keeping OP, healthy and wise. Thank the Lord.

Whew - let's hope tomorrow goes better. I did not get my walk in. I also refuse to walk on icy surfaces after my double hematomas last winter/spring. I'll just have to get some in the house exercise in the next few day.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:00 PM   #60  

Height: 5'7"

Here you are! Sandra, I'm so sad to see you go! Where are you all meeting tonight? I hope you have a great time and a safe trip back home.

I've been doing Flex for the last week and am really having a good time with the online tools. If someone doesn't go to meetings or do the @home or @work versions, I highly recommend the online membership. It's about $65 for 13 weeks, then goes to $16.95 a month after that. Our @work hasn't started back up and the in-town meetings aren't exactly convenient for me given my kooky work schedule. Anyway, it's just a thought.

I hope everybody's having a good day. I have a feeling I'll be posting in here a lot.
Closed Thread