Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Nov 13/06

I can't believe I'm starting the thread on Tuesday! I was so busy yesterday, but I have good news!! I went to WI and I'm down 2 pounds. I was thrilled. I know it's because I've been so busy. I even went to Carrabba's for dinner after the concert on Saturday and still lost weight.

Our concert on Saturday was fabulous. We had about 2000 people in the audience and I sang with a 42-piece orchestra. That was a great experience. I hope they ask my group to come back.

The bathroom remodeling is done. It looks so good. I painted (not the best painter in the world) and all of the accessories I bought for the bathroom look so good. I still need new towels and a rug, but that will have to wait. I've spent so much money on this bathroom.

This week is full of rehearsals for the play and on Saturday I'm having a garage sale.

So, how is everyone else? I'm glad to see that Snowgal is back with us.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #2  

Hey Lisa, congrats on the loss, the successful concert and finalizing the bathroom reno. That was a big weekend you had.

My weight is going in the other direction. I am officially on a 4-week challenge to shed six pounds. Anyone want to join me?

Goal is 144 by Dec. 15th and to look good in one of the three dresses that were all too small to wear last year at Christmas

Susan
Old 11-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

I was busy yesterday and today is going to be no better. I have a Focus Group/Lunch Meeting from Noon to 2 p.m. and then a Wellness Committee meeting from 3-4 p.m. Talk about a lost day!

I had a great weekend. DH and I went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra on Friday evening and went out to dinner with his sister and brother-in-law. The concert was great--they played 3 hours with no intermission! My butt was sore by the end! Saturday we took a drive to Cleveland to go to Trader Joe's and to a couple other little shops and the West End Market. Trader Joe's was out of the soup (Creamy Corn & Roasted Red Pepper). We talked with one of the employees and apparently 4 pallets of goods were missing! Bummer! Anyway, we ended up stopping at a local winery/restaurant for a late lunch and had a wonderful time. Came away with 6 bottles of wine!

All in all the weekend was a good one--tried to behave myself with eating and have to say it went pretty well. I did try to move around a lot so that it would help with my efforts.

Lisa: Congrats on the loss!! Way to go! Sounds like the concert was great. I hope you get invited back. It's always nice when you get a project completed.

Susan: I've been holding around 143-145 and it's not a place where I want to be so I'd love to join you with a challenge. I need something to get myself on the weight loss track!
Old 11-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

It's a busy, busy week for me. My Dad turned 80 yesterday and we had a small celebration for him. He is so fit and healthy! Doesn't look a day over 60! He's quite an amazing man. You'd never guess that six years ago he had a quadruple bypass.

Saturday is my daughter's birthday. She's turning 7 and I've been busy preparing for her party. Just finished putting together 24 treat boxes. Next year I'm limiting her to 8 friends! 24 is totally insane.

We've been reformulating recipes at home to make them low-fat, low-cal. I haven't been journaling my food the way I usually do because I'm not exactly sure how many points I'm really consuming with some of those re-made recipes. I'm not gaining and my size 4's fit nicely, so I guess I'm doing alright. Still can't believe I'm wearing a 4!! YIPPEE!

Melissa: The Orchestra sounds wonderful! I'm glad you had a good time. We don't get a lot of good shows here in Alaska and that's something I completely enjoy when we travel.

Lisa: Congrats on the 2 lb loss! That's excellent! Good luck with the garage sale.

Susan: Good luck with your challenge! I'm sure you'll do well. I'm hoping to maintain through the holidays and gain no more than 1 lb. We'll see how that goes.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:08 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Liz: Sounds like you've been really busy! I love reformulating my old recipes into a healthier version. Half the time my family doesn't even realize I've "lightened" it up. Your clothes are a great indicator if your weight is creeping up. Me, I've been struggling to get rid of about 5# since last February and it's still hanging on.

I was down .2 at WI yesterday--at least it was something. It's moving ever so slow! I did go to the Wellness Center at noon even though my buddy wasn't able to go with me. I was on the elliptical for 10 minutes and got 2 miles in and then walked 2 miles so I've gotten some nice activity in. My quads are a little sore from the elliptical.

It's a balmy 63 here today and it's not going to last very long--tomorrow it's going to be in the 40's.

Hope everyone is doing okay!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:45 AM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Hi everyone and Happy Friday!!! TGIF.

I'm having a garage sale tomorrow and other folks are giving me some of their stuff to sell. The weather should be perfect--cool and sunny (60's). This morning it was in the 50's and I had to wear a jacket.

The rest of the weekend will be the normal house and yard work and then rehearsal, rehearsal. The play opens on Thanksgiving evening.

Nice to hear from Liz again. Size 4 is great. At 6' tall, that wouldn't work for me, but I have several size 8's.

Melissa, take whatever loss you can get. Our WI's don't include tenths. Good for you for working on the elliptical machine.
Closed Thread