Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Default GGGRRRR - I hate deceptive labels

I know you need to read labels very carefully but tonight I was in a hurry. I Had a meeting at 7 p.m. and I got home at 6:15. I had bought a bag of Shrimp Garlic Voila at the store. LOts of veggies, has the shrimp. Calories, fat and fiber didn't look way out line. I still had 8 points left and needed to get the rest of my milk and healthy oil in. So I fixed it (after I quickly pointed it out at 5 points including 1 tsp of healthy oil) fixed a serving size and figured I'd have my yogurt when I got home and be finished for the day within my point range. Tasted pretty good and seemed to be a decent size helping.

Got home after my meeting. Ate my yogurt. Added 1 tsp of canola oil to finish off my healthy oils for the day. WHip out my tracker and pull the bag over in front of me to write it all down and I find out that a serving is 2 cups FROZEN and 1 cup fixed!!!!! I ate 2 cups fixed. GGGGRRRRR - so now I'm 6 points over for the day. GGGGRRRRR

Now I don't mind being over some days but I do like to consciously do it and after I had a gain this week, I was trying very, very hard to be concise. I can't believe it fooled me like that

Anyone else had this happen to them?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #2  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

I know what you mean Rose. That totally frustrates me when that happens too. It's not so bad if you have a few points left or some activity points but I don't want to use up 6 flex points in one shot like that.

Make a note of that product and next time it won't get you like that. I try to go through everything in advance so I know exactly how much it is and whether that is cooked weigh or not. It can be tricky.

Kim
Old 11-10-2006, 02:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Ugh, yes... I hate when that happens. I've been having to pay attention VERY carefully lately.

Another peeve:

Healthy Choice lists the Weight Watchers points on most of their frozen food items now. The problem? Some of the points have been wrong! I've found two that were listed for higher points than they actually were!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Really Justsomegirl???? I was taking them at their printing the first few weeks I was on WW!!!! Okay, calculate EVERYTHING on my own these days
Old 11-10-2006, 10:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Yep - I also just heard that Lean Cusine incorrectly marked the points value on one of their items - they marked it one point lower than it actually was. So I guess we just have to double check everything!
Old 11-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #6  

I always figure the points for myself. I always read the directions carefully and the ingredients before I buy anything new so I know what I am getting into. You are responsible for what you eat, no one else. Take charge! I don't eat prepared meals because I find them to be a poor value nutrition and money wise.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #7  
Get Moving :)

S/C/G: S/C/G: 220/133/120

Height: 5"2

I know..i hate that too..

Vanessa
Old 11-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #8  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Some of them use the older "Winning Points", which is slightly different than "1-2-3 Points" or "Flex Points". Best to calculate your own with whichever sliderule you are using.
Closed Thread