Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 09:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

Default be honest...please let me know if any of you have

ever just decided (when you normally don't "allow" yourself one of these days usually...) - but have you ever just had a day where you woke up feeling like absolute crap and decided, "today I'm just not going to count points. not exactly go overboard, but today i'm going to allow myself to eat a few things I normally won't because I don't know the points and i know they're high"

I've done this a few times in the past - and I always write down what i've eaten in my journal - but i don't count the points. ie. today. "t.o.m" is here and he's kicking my butt today - if ya'll know what i mean.

so for breakfast i had my oatmeal - but i also had a bowl of tater tots from the cafe here at work. and ya know what? they were yummy! lol.

and - I will allow myself one slice of pizza from the cafe for lunch. i've already decided this. t.o.m. is totally craving it and i'm giving in. yesterday was a normal on-point day and tomorrow will be too. but today is not.
I normally don't "allow" myself a slice of pizza on a "normal" day only because i don't know the exact points on it - otherwise i'd try to fit it in no problem. but it is only ONE slice and it's not like i'm having 3 or 4 or eating a ton of other things with it - but i know that at noon today, I'm so looking forward to this slice of pizza. plus, i have my TaeKwonDo class tonight and I always go to the gym afterwards and normally don't eat a huge dinner on these nights (monday, wednesday, & fridays) cuz i also usually end up at my boyfriend's house afterwards - (he lives close to my gym which is on the other side of town).

But has anyone ever just had a day - in the middle of their week - where they decided not to count points - but enjoy the day without going overboard and still at least write it down?

just curious... :-P
Old 10-25-2006, 09:48 AM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I haven't done that yet, but I've also only been on plan for 2 1/2 months. I can see where I might do it though! You've stated that you're giving yourself a free day, yet are still planning to eat pretty much within your WW lifestyle - 1 piece of pizza instead of 4, etc. I think it's fine!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:43 AM   #3  

Yes....I do this every once and awhile....and you know what...I've still lost close to 100 pounds. Some might not agree...but I feel that everyone needs a "not counting points day" once and awhile. If I was absolutely strict ALL the time...I would have become very discouraged and probably would have quit by now. I kind of do what you are doing too....if I have a day that's a little bit higher in points...I will usually try to get a little extra exercise in...I'm not sure if it is enough to counteract the points...but it mentally makes me feel a lot better. I say enjoy your pizza....and my goodness...it's like you said...it's not like you are having a whole pizza or something...(a whole pizza is something I easily would have done before I started my WW journey. BTW...your stats are great...keep up the good job
hugs,
Liv
Old 10-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Just had one of those yesterday. I've been totally OP and not gone off since August 23rd but yesterday with my cousin's DH funeral, I just could not function and didn't want to function. Did I way overeat? absolutely not but I didn't even write it down. I know what I ate and I know I've used my plus points and then some but I did go out for a brisk walk last night and didn't binge whatsoever. Today's a new day. I'm feeling much better and ready for the challenge
Old 10-25-2006, 12:32 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

No I have never done that. I have been able to plan and enjoy what I want even if it makes it a not so healthy day and been able to stay within points for the day + any APs earned + any FPs I had to use.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #6  
Starting fresh!

S/C/G: 281/226/184

Height: 6 feet

Absolutely!! If I didn't, I think I would just give up. I go right back OP and it all works out in the long run. The trick is not feeling guilty about it
Old 10-25-2006, 06:58 PM   #7  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Ditto to Princess peach im exactly like that
just hang in there trust me it will work out
i had my free day last sat i just had to have a big mac and fries I KNOW BAD
but hella good
Old 10-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I have been having those days 3-4 days a week since June. I also weigh more than I did in June.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:04 PM   #9  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

reading this thread made me feel better!
I just posted that i had no idea what a turkey burger was, pointwise, at fuddruckers. Maybe I don't have to freak out...I only ate half anyway because it was gross, lol!
Old 10-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #10  

I have many of those days........
Old 10-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #11  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Hi fellow Hoosier gal!

I think that what you are doing sounds very reasonable. AS LONG AS you don't let yourself get into the habit. I have found that days that I let myself slack off a little, it is easier to get into that mindset.

SO, just keep on plan most of the time. Unless I understand Weight Watchers incorrectly, this is about learning better habits for life. It seems that part of the flex points rationale is that you will have some "treats" occasionally.

I do occasionally

Stick with it, you are doing well.
Closed Thread