Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 09:18 AM   #76  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntersmommy View Post
dont know if you girls saw it or not but, the womens world for november 7th 2006 on the stands now has an article bout weight watchers in it how to boost your metabolism and lose up to 4lbs a week on the lifestyle change and its information from a weight watchers group leader just thought i might mention it incase anyone is interested.

HuntersMommy, I've been looking for this magazine ever since you mentioned it and I CAN'T FIND IT!!! ARGHHHHH! Ok, my rant is over. Now, is there any way that you can let us know what the article said? I'm totally interested, and bumming that I couldn't get my hands on it!

Thanks bunches!!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:24 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Hey Kelly - PM me your addie and I'll try to remember to copy it for you and send it out
Old 11-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

hello, hello! Just back from my WI... I am down 4lbs this week!!! I can definatley say the gym time paid off!!! So 2 more Thankgiving Chalenge weigh in & I'm over half way there!!!

I hope everyone is having a good day!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #79  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Good job, Stacy. The gym time did indeed pay off.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #80  
banned

guys i subs. and there was a message on the ww board-----the ww member that was interviewed was misquoted. she said 1-2, not 4!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #81  
Kelly M

Rosegarden, thanks! I'll PM you shortly!

Stacy ~ WOW!! You rock!! Keep it up!

Andrea: No problem! Still totally interested!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 246.5/245.5/140

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up

Hello,
I haven't had a chance to write. I have been working 7am to 6pm and the past couple of days. I have been just crashing at night after making dinner and cleaning up. Sitting at my desk for hours on end, in front of a computer, I had no desire to come home and do the same. This project is something else!
Just wanted to update you all, I have worked out twice this week and after that one bad day I have been right on track. And in fact immediatly after my last posting I was tempted with chocolate volcano ice cream and I was able to say with no hesitation "no thank you."
I even took a short walk and that is when I realized how much better I felt since I was finally able to vent to people I knew would understand.

Oh and I have been making sure that I have protein throughout the day as well as with every meal, well with the exception of breakfast, thanks for the reminder. Well, I have been sticking with eating an apple on the way to work and for some reason (I think it is the fiber) the apple actually fills me up.
Thanks for letting me vent the other day.

And wow stacynak, way to go!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
Old 11-10-2006, 07:39 AM   #83  

oc cutiepie - good job. Isn't it nice to have people who are in this together to talk to during the week?

Kelly - did you get the email with the article? I'm sending out the hard copy today to you

Have a great Friday everybody. I'm in a good motivation mood today. Got my group tracker sitting right here on my desk, ready to load it up as I eat my planned meals today. Have a good one!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #84  
Kelly M

Rosegarden, yes I got the email yesterday, I hadn't been on my own computer in a few days, and I can't open emails at work. I got it yesterday when I got home, though! THANKS!

Stacy, you're doing great, keep it up!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #85  
Kelly M

Woo Hoo, weigh in day! Down 3.2# today, so that leaves me two more pounds to go on my Turkey Challenge! YES!

With today's weigh in I also met my WW 10% and got my keychain...YIPPEE!! I sure have had my eye on it! That also entitled me to submit my receipts to DH's employer for reimbursement of meeting fees....for those of you who weren't around for the first discussion of that, be sure to check with your or your spouse's employer to see if they offer reimbursement.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #86  
A matter of time

Kelly,
Congrats on the loss and making 10%. I am hoping to be there soon. Could be as soon as tomorrow morning but I think I will be 1 pound short.

A woman from Cigna (our insurance co) Wellness Plan (the insurance's way of helping with diabetes, high blood pressure, depression and obsity) told me that our insurance will pay for WW. So went online to see if this was true. What I found is they will pay for the registration only...not the weekly meetings. I called WW and they confirmed this as well. Oh how I wish they would have paid for the meetings.

At this time I can't afford the meetings so I am doing it alone with the help of some Yahoo Groups and these message boards. I did buy the 10% keychain on Ebay as well as the 16 week charm. Both should be here this week.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #87  
Kelly M

Chris, I'm so disappointed for you! Our insurance company is also Cigna, and it's also called the Wellness Plan. Actually, Cigna Managed Care, Wellness Plan. I'm wondering if maybe paying for the meetings is an added bonus that dh's employer threw in rather than Cigna. I know dh has to turn the paperwork.....a statement signed by my ww leader with my dates of participation and a ww paid receipt in to his wellness coordinator for reimbursement, then they supposedly will put the reimbursement on his paycheck by the end of the following month. Now that I'm reading over what I've written, it definitely sounds like a company benefit rather than an insurance benefit.

UGH! I wish they would do the whole package for you!
Old 11-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #88  
A matter of time

Kelly it sure sounds like something your DH's employer is doing. You would think that a company as big as Firestone would do something similar as well.

On another note, today is WI day for me. Another 3 pounds forever gone. That makes the first 10%. I really didn't think I would make it this week but I did.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #89  

WHOO HOOO Chris on the 3 lbs and on the 10%!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #90  
A matter of time

Thanks, Rose.

I can't afford the meetings right now so I am doing this with the help of this message board and some Yahoo groups. I couldn't have done it all with the help of my new online friends.

I found the 10% keychain at Ebay and have purchased it. It should be here tomorrow. I can't wait.
Closed Thread