Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 08:22 PM   #16  
LM

Hi gals,

Just for the record, my test is over and all is well. Probably one of the most unpleasant days of my life especially stress- and anxiety-wise, but all is okay now.

Oddly, despite the almost two days of clear liquids/nothing by mouth, I don't feel hungry. Did eat dinner post-test, but still feel a little queasy. No doubt the ol' appetite will come back strong as ever and then I will join in on the "up a pound, down a pound" discussion.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm okay.

P.S. Welcome Daytona!

P.S.S. Double whoo-hoo to you Melissa on your 2.2!!

and P.P.S. welcome home lala we missed ya!
Old 09-27-2001, 11:41 AM   #17  

Glad to hear your test went well, LM - it must be a relief to have that done with.

I gained .6 at my meeting last night - not unexpected, just seems to be part of the yo-yo I am doing with striving to get under 140 - so I am yo-yo up this week.

On the bright side, the weather have been quite faboo this week - a little cool in the am, but gorgeous, sunny & very fall-like with highs in the mid to upper 60s. Definitely a day for me to get out & walk.
Old 09-27-2001, 11:50 AM   #18  
si, si signora

Hi all and a welcome to Daytona!

well, i'm back full force, no jet lag and that makes for a happier lala.

Lots to do and very committed to getting down to an acceptable weight range by thanksgiving. I want to look at my journal and have it be the same as last year. I'm also thinking that cutting back a bit on travel may also help lose some of this weight. Just starting to see a pattern developing.

Melissa and Myra posted some outstanding losses and kt will be back down next week and so will seesaw lost the dratted pound. I am going to hit the wi on saturday morning, bright and early at 6:30 am (my fat isn't up then) and then hit the gym.

Laurel you sound like you made it through the procedure in one piece, thank goodness.

Well, its nice and autumnal here. The bulb sales start this weekend and you can betch your patooties I'll be spending my skinny cow budget on grape hyacinths instead of snacks this week.

Anybody buy their pumpkin(s) yet?

lala
Old 09-27-2001, 12:23 PM   #19  

Sorry I'm late on the welcome wagon, Datona . But it's great to have you here.

LM - I'm so glad to here everything went well.

Lala - so glad you're back. I can't believe there's a WW meeting that starts at 6:30am are they insane??? Anyhoo, have a great weigh-in

Melissa and MYra just want to say you two are the poster gals this week. Yeah!!!

And gals you've done it before and you'll do it again to get to where ya want to be. Those last pounds are just soooo tough (and I'm right there with ya).

Guys, I just want to say, sometimes we really are so hard on ourselves and don't give ourselves credit for just hanging in there and maintaining give or take a few pounds. Seasaw you mentioned you've been at or near goal for two years. And Laurel, Katie, Melissa, and yes you too Lala, have really been pretty amazing at keeping your focus and maintaining through tough times. That's incredible. That takes major effort.

OK - Today's Yom Kippur and it's not even 9 am and I'm starving

I'm not sure I'm going to make it through the day fasting. We'll see. My DH is leaving on a red eye tonight, for a trip back to his mom's to help out with his Dad's financial stuff. This will be the first weekend we've been separated for quite a while, and I'm feeling a bit blue. Yes, I've got lots of stuff (mostly eating?) planned with friends... but I'm still feeling a bit lost. Just want to put it out there, since I'm really trying for a loss next Monday at weighin.
Old 09-27-2001, 01:46 PM   #20  
LM

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

Patch - you newlyweds are so cute! sometimes I wish the DH would take a long weekend away somewhere. Not lately, though, because he has been really sweet. But sometimes....

KT - I wonder if maybe you are where your body wants to be. I mean I see those journals everyday and you are as good as gold. Or maybe you'll get a nice surprise one day with one of those weight loss ka-chunks that happen every so often.

lala - I wish I could give some of my grape hyacinths - they are coming out of every crack and nook and cranny!!! I think you just need to move to NJoisey already.

check in later,
L.
Old 09-27-2001, 02:02 PM   #21  

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. I can so relate to you Melissa, I was supposed to get weighed yesterday but was very bloated and so I just had her write the wt on a journal and I didn't even look at it!! TOM is here and I feel so yucky, add that to the fact I have been less than good on the program. You guys know the rest. I will check out the 12 wk challenge. That should put us right around xmas?? Congrats on the wt loss, it is so wonderful to get a good surprise at the scale LOL.

The weather around here is fall like and I love fall so maybe I will try and walk more. If I could just get the rain to quit. What do you girls do for exercise? I had been thinking about joining a gym but I have done that before and not used the membership much. I really need to firm up the flabby arms.

Have a good day.

Daytona

Daytona
Old 09-27-2001, 08:06 PM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

Goodness, I was going through internet withdrawal today...our server was down at work and I couldn't check in! Anyway, thanks everyone for the "pat on the back". It's been a rough week with big projects at work and this was just the boost I needed.

Daytona: It really proves to me that you can never judge if your weight is up/down due to TOM because just when I think I've posted a gain I get a nice little surprise. I really had contemplated not even weighing in but just attending the meeting. I'm glad I decided to take the plunge.

As far as exercise goes, I tried the gym membership and to be honest it was a waste of $$ for me. I just didn't use it enough to justify. I rely mainly on walking outside as long as the weather isn't too bad. I don't even mind walking in the snow as long as the sidewalks are clear. I just took up a Yoga class that the university was offering after work and I'm enjoying it immensely. I never thought of yoga as exercise and I can definitely feel muscles I never knew I had. If they offer it again next semester I may just sign up for 2 nights rather than just the one.

Laurel: Glad to hear your test is over and everything is fine. What a relief!

Katie: You'll get that .6 off--take advantage of the fall like temps and enjoy the walks outside. This is my favorite time of year to be outside walking. I love the changing leaves.

Lala: I planted some mums and some other plants last weekend. I just love seeing the plants poke through in the Spring.

Patch: Keep up the good work--you seem to be really focused and we all know each one of us has the ability to lose.

Catch everyone tomorrow!
Old 09-28-2001, 07:12 AM   #23  

Good morning ladies!

Yes, another early morning for me - I seem to have selective insomnia - seems to manifest itself on Friday, Sat & Sun - my days off - definitely seems to be in my head....I have a doctor's appt in early November - I think I will ask my doctor about it & see what her opinion is.

I have my 2nd WW meeting this week to lead this morning - I am really enjoying it - I feel so positive & energized after doing a meeting. Melissa - are you still thinking about being a receptionist?

The weather has been wonderful all week & it sounds like it will last thru the weekend - a trip to the Farmer's Market in Madison on Saturday morning sounds like a great idea to do.

Laurel - I have thought many many times if I should just give it a rest & try to maintain at about 141-145 since I've never been below 140.4. But then I get to 141 one week & I think, just a couple more pounds & I'd be in the 130s - but then I go back up the next week. I am thinking I will do the 2nd 12 week challenge as dilligently as possible & see where I land weight-wise at the end - if I don't see much progress, I may just decide to hang out at this weight & see how tough it is to maintain. I have been 139.5 a couple of times at the scale at home in the am without clothes - does that count???

Daytona1 - I'm with Melissa - I do a lot of walking - either outside, or on a treadmill that I bought last January to use when I can't go outside. I really like to walk - it's good for me physically as well as mentally, so it's an exercise I know I will stick with. I did just buy a workbench thingy off QVC to do some Pilates-type exercises to help me get into doing more strength-training & I've done it once. I think I will like it & it feels like it will be a good workout. I need to have exercise to do at home since I am busy with DD with swimming lessons one evening, I have my WW meeting to lead on another evening, plus everything else.

When I was single, I belonged to a gym & really liked it. They have just opened this exercise place just for women called Curves - have you guys heard about them? - franchises are popping up all over the Madison area here & they opened one here in my town this summer - they seem to be very popular - I checked it out & they did a free body fat analysis - they have you hold this little electrical contraption in your outstretched hands - I guess it runs an electrical current thru your body to measure your body fat. I guess it is supposed to be fairly accurate - women are supposed to be between 18-25% body fat - I registered at 24% - I guess I should have been pleased, but no, I wondered why it wasn't lower with all the walking/exercise I do - never satisfied, I guess.

Wow, this has become a novel - gotta run. I'll try & check in later.

Last edited by kt marie; 09-28-2001 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-28-2001, 07:16 PM   #24  
si, si signora

Okay,
My brain is fried for the day.

Laurel: I love grape hyacinths and i'll gladly take yours off your hands. I am actually only going to plant (ehem) white narcissus and species tulips this year, well, maybe some simple old fashion jonquils if I can find them and well, maybe some other small bulbs... oh dear. this is my weakness.

Daytona: I'm a gym girl, especially as it gets colder and I am more than happy to workout in the evening and take a shower at the gym and bundle up in sweats and run home and jump into bed. I find that I get into a routine and I do great, I travel alot and sometimes this gets me out of my routine, but the gym is my exercise outlet.

Melissa: congrats on the anniversary!

Patch: um, I with Laurel, great that you guys are acting like newlyweds. I often count the days that I get to be by myself when dp is gone. sigh

well, i am totally bloated and crampy (more information than you need) and in need of coffee and inspiration. Its very nice out, contrary to the forecast and I am thinking that the 1/2 yard of compost that was just delivered could be spread right now...

have a great weekend ladies.

lala
Closed Thread