Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:56 PM   #61  

Hi,
Well, sorry I've been missing for so long, this house move has really taken its toll on my time and, unfortunately, my scales!
I seem to have missed so much here, so many new names and stories to catch up on, I really must get to know you all better, maybe a short recap from you all, just for me, may save me reading 8million posts from you all!
As for me, if you haven't met me before, so you know, I live in sunny England, have been a WW member since jan 04 and managed to get to goal weight of 126 after about 15 months, lost 56# in total. I have now officially fallen off the wagon, well and truly, mainly due to comfort eating and the stress of the housemove. But tonight I have found a new meeting, closer to my new home. So a new leader, new inspiration hopefully, and a new me by Christmas. (the new leader is a man, should be interesting! a new view on things can't harm can it?)

Linda, I've missed you, hope you are ok. I'll be back soon to catch up on all the gossip,
Take care, hope Melanie is ok too and little Chloe, can't wait for an update!
Bye for now!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Glad to see you back Dawny - I just came back to the board just as you were making your move
Old 10-16-2006, 06:46 PM   #63  

What a day... last night we celebrated my daughter's 16th birthday and had another meal out at an Italian place... bad move on my part. I did lose control and worst of all, I was up getting sick to my stomach all night after that and most of the day today. I think my body reacted to a high fat meal and I just can't handle it any longer? Though, I have considered food poisoning as well.
Not much else to report, I stayed well within my points range for today, of course, as I really didn't have a choice.
You've got to wonder if getting sick like that will affect the scale at weigh in tomorrow? I hate being sick, but if I don't have a gain I will at least feel better about being so miserable? Not anything I'd wish on my worst enemy.
Hope you are all doing better than I!
Linda
Old 10-16-2006, 07:27 PM   #64  
burned out bus driver

Rose- thanks for the hugs!!!!!! Please tell me that this darned college search is not the worst thing going! Completely insane.....and I know that economic reality will set in......... and some of his pie in the sky schools will go away. I went for an extra walk after work. My eating has been pretty good and I should land right on 22 points today (with 3 AP's not "eaten"). How has your day been???? Stinks that you will have to miss the pot luck. It is always fun to try new recipes- and have all of them WW friendly! Of course we can send you great recipes too.......hey if you like pumpkin, did you try the pumpkin mousse? Awesome stuff and SO easy.
So, how is the college search going in your household?

Gotta go get another college web site up for ds......what a grind.
Nite!
Ginny
Old 10-17-2006, 05:44 AM   #65  

Dawny! I've wondered about you. I think moving is stressful, things that cause upheaval in our lives such as this, and having a death in the family, really busy times, etc. can cause overeating, and what I might call "takeoutofooditis". I know the last time we moved, we lived on take out food for awhile and that truly is bad news. Welcome back and I'm glad you found a new meeting location and I hope the leader is a good one.
We've talked recently how leaders can make or break you in this.
No word at all from Melanie, hope all is ok with her. New babies can cause all sorts of upheaval as well, and also lack of sleep. She'll be back and working hard to lose the baby weight soon, I bet.
As for me, I am feeling better today.
Ginny, I am looking for colleges for my daughter as well but she seems pretty settled on UNH, which is close to here as as residents of the state, we get a break on tuition. She's worried about putting on weight in college as they have a virtual "food court" in the cafeteria. It's amazing food, truly. She goes to WW meetings with me and is working hard and doing amazingly well to lose weight.
Linda
Old 10-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #66  
burned out bus driver

Morning!
Just a short post from me- somehow I got out of sequence with the posts yesterday and did not notice Dawny.(could have been tired mother syndrome ) Welcome back Dawny! Glad you found another meeting near your home. New house, new Dawny and weight loss. Think positive....you are taking the right step to regain control of your life.

Linda- how are you feeling???? Hopefully better! And I hope the scale fairy is kind to you today. With all the eating out you have been doing you might be retaining tons of water. Keep that in mind. I know my body has done odd stuff like that- and weeks that I should have lost it was all water weight. Nice that your Dd is looking at a school not too $$. I am sure even with a break in tuition, it is still not cheap. That freshmman 15 is tough to avoid.
Good for your daughter that she is attempting to prepare for it.

So far so good today. Got my WW tape done (4 AP's) and my eating is good.
Tomorrow WI. Take care!
Ginny
Old 10-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #67  

Hi all! Just wanted to check in quick. I just did my weekly weigh in, and I'm down 2 lbs! WOOHOO!

I'll probly post again tonight.

Hope everyone has had a good day!
Paige
Old 10-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #68  

Good Job Paige!!!! And you were sweating the extra points and social things!!! WTG!!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:50 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 275 / 275 / 125

Height: 5'3"

Hi guys,

I'm new to this thread. I think it's wonderful how you all support each other. I have a WW buddy at work, but we work in different areas and I don't have her ear at certain times of the day when I need the support. It's great to have some support when I have a bad day. I am so glad I found this thread. It's encouraging to read about supportive people like all of you. I love the way you pick each other up after a particularly bad day or weigh in or a lousy week. And the encouragment you heap upon each other is so refreshing. Keep up the good work.

I had a pretty good week. Monday weight in...3 lbs. I'm exercising like crazy. I have a crazy work schedule, sort of like a nursing rotation at a hospital, so I'm exercising twice each day that I'm off. Am I getting the same benefit as if I were doing it each day instead of doubling up? I find it very difficult to exercise on the days I work because I work 5:30am to 6pm. If I want to see my 14 month old daughter at all those days, I have to forgo the exercise. I try to get in some stretches at work, but you know how intentions are. Anyway, keep up the good work guys.

Cheryl
Old 10-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #70  

Welcome Cheryl - Any exercise is better than none!!!! Our leader says skip in to work from the parking lot, take the stairs instead of the elevator, any extra movement that you weren't doing before is good. I'd say spending time with your baby is the most rewarding. Can you get in any exercise after the baby is in bed or before you start your day? Even 15 minutes will help.

Stop by here whenever you need an extra push or a pick me up. These guys are great!

I'm sitting here eating the 2 pt popcorn from Act II as I am Starving!!! I had yogurt for breakfast and I should have planned a bit bigger breakfast. I'm trying to hold out until lunch. It's DH and my 26th Anniversary tonight but we have a band concert so dinner will be something quick and easy. No splurge for me. My b'day is in a couple of weeks, so I'm planning a bit of a splurge on that day. Nothing drastic nor excessive, but one that I will definitely use some extra points on.

Have a Great Wednesday everyone!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:23 PM   #71  
burned out bus driver

A shortie for now.......be back later.
Welcome Cheryl!!!!!!!!
Rose- enjoy that popcorn.One of my favorite treats!!! (I had a WW yogurt for bfast too.....doesn't really hold me either)
Paige- congrats on the 2# loss!!!!!! Awesome!

Me? How the dilly did I stay exactly the same? Oh well..........I had some of Rose's popcorn last nite, plus some oriental spinach with dinner, both high in salt. I am not bummed.....PMS is approaching too.
Gotta go. See ya later!
Ginny
Old 10-18-2006, 01:58 PM   #72  

Hi everyone, its just gonna take me a year to get used to all the different people around here, so bear with me!

Well, second day back on programme and all things are going well people! I've journalled like a good girl should and drunk some water. Some. not as much as I should maybe, but it all helps! I'll build up the quantity gradually until I'm running up and down the stairs to the ladies room so often that I'll need new carpet!
I've also had my hair cut today, that should lose a few ounces for next weeks WI at least! It has also given me a much needed boost now I'm back on track.

I have to say, all your losses are fab! You are doing so well. 3FC helped me loads while I originally got to goal, and the great people on this thread of course. It will surely help all of you too.

Welcome to Cheryl. Hope you continue your loss and just holler if you need us!

Linda, I'm glad you are doing much better now. We know it takes time to get there, but you will get there in the end. The losses are now steady, and we all know the tale of the hare and the tortoise. Let us all just make sure that when we finally win the race, we stay on the right side of the finishing line.
Righty-o, gotta fly, AJ's bathtime beckons (my 5 yr old boy, if you didn't know) Back soon, take care!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:04 AM   #73  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hi guys,

Been a while since I posted. I have been off track for three weeks now but I am going back to my WW meeting tonight for a slap on the hand....LOL. I expect to gain around 10 pounds give or take a few. May a little less. I know that is water weight too but I still need to lose that too.

I bought a treadmill a few days ago and I am going to get on it in a few minutes and get back into the swing of things.

Congrats to those who have lost, best wishes to those who are struggling, and welcome to those new people and old people returning .

I'll post again later

Kim
Old 10-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #74  

Welcome Cheryl!!!!! Keep up the good work and exercise.
I weighted in on Tuesday afternoon and stayed the same... I was kind of bummed out, but at least it wasn't a gain.
I've been a bad girl, time to beat up myself and get back to work. Jamie's 16th birthday party was yesterday and we had way too much food and pizza, now there is a ton of pizza left in the freezer. Pizza is a love/hate relationship for me. I'll have to find a way to use it up over time, I won't waste it - but it's so many points.
Let's brainstorm about ways to make pizza substitutes that are low in points, shall we?
One of my favorite ways to do this is to use non stick spray and cook eggplant slices at a high temp until it browns just a tiny bit and then you can make mini pizzas on top of the eggplant slices. Eggplant is zero points after all. If you use diced tomatoes and then top with skim milk mozzarella, it's really not that bad a choice.
HOWEVER, this doesn't help me with all this leftover pizza in the freezer. Maybe I should defrost it and donate it to the local soup kitchen????
Kim, you need to be back here posting and reading, I guess! Sorry you've been off track. I go through times like that as well.
We're here if you need us.
I'm wondering if something threw you off into some kind of binge? That happens to me sometimes - just takes one thing and then that is it!
Linda
Old 10-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #75  

Had a really busy day at work. Then the afternoon was a Diversity training day. Ate healthy but when the snacks came around, I ate 2 cookies. Now that was a mistake as they made me feel really, really crappy. Before I would have eaten them and not even thought twice about it.. I guess I'll take that lesson forward. I didn't get to weigh in today but I'm going to go in the morning. I'll keep you all posted on what the scale says
Closed Thread