Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #16  

Sunflower, I'm worried that if you keep segregating yourself from what others in your workplace eat when this thing is catered that you might end up feeling "punished" or deprived and then blow it in a big way and end up not doing all of this. Does that make sense to you?
I know that if I continually deny myself what I want and feel segregated from others in my eating habits, I then get angry and go out of control and that kind of thing has contributed to me completely stopping WW for periods of time.
I'm learning to forgive myself more for my indulgences, I move on and don't give up.
One thing came into my mind when I was reading about them having various caterers for these meetings is to "corner" the person who arranges for the caterers and meals and have a serious chat with them about your weight loss efforts. Even if this person is the thinnest person around for miles, you might have some success in gaining their understanding of your needs. If this is too awkward, maybe you can say you have a "condition" that requires special lean proteins and low carbs (your "condition" is that you are a WW member!!!!) but you could imply, without lying, that you have some dietary restrictions. They might actually think you are diabetic and try really hard to accommodate you by at least having a few healthier choices. I think it is "cool" to be healthy nowadays when serving foods for a group, so maybe you could gain support?
By the way, let's face it, if we all don't lose the weight we want, and get our body fat content down, we run a HUGE risk of becoming diabetic. So, you wouldn't be lying!
It's nice to see several postings for people I already know here and a few other new people!
I think posting at least once a day, if not more, keeps putting you back in perspective.
I don't have time to do that kind of thing all the time, but today I do and I'm really trying very hard to keep in control! I just spent about a half hour outside raking leaves, so feel better about losing control last night.
Do you all count exercise points and allow yourself extra food? I used to do that, but I stopped as I didn't think I was losing any weight by allowing myself to do that.
Linda
Old 10-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #17  
I'll look like this again

S/C/G: 294/285.5/145

Height: 5'7"

It's great to see some daily activity here. I've missed a few days because it didn't seem like anyone was "on", and now look what I've missed! Can we post hourly as well, ?

I finally returned to yoga now that I've committed to getting my practice up again. Man, it was hard work and I was sweating like crazy!! I'd forgotten about that, lol. Thank goodness it was a beginner class so she didn't make us hold the poses too long. And I don't know if it's psychosomatic, but I sure felt better walking around today - more aligned or something! Can't wait to make this a daily ritual .

Tomorrow is WI and I'm excited. It's been a great week and I've made my goals for exercise and staying within my points. Of course, at this weight it's not too hard to stay OP, not when you start with 31. Then the APs, and the flex points and I'm swimming in gravy . But, I know I have to be on my guard. No number of flexies will cover a pint of Godiva icecream, or jar of Nutella, and that would just be for starters. So no complacency here, folks. Anyway, I'll report in tomorrow with the results from the scale.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Today was day 1 for me as well - I seem to be in the starting over tomorrow, or next week cycle, and gaining most weeks. I know that I can do it, it is just a matter of will I do it.

I keep trying to put in perspective my reasons for losing weight. I am not very motivated about losing for myself at this point, so I am switching mentally into "lose weight so I can be around for my kids later" - mode. If I won't stay out of snacks for my own health, I need something.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #19  
I wanna get back to this!

S/C/G: 182.4/169.6/145

Height: 5'8"

Well that "dinner" at our meeting was a joke! You know what they had? A plate of donuts/rolls, a plate of Halloween cookies, candy corn, and caramel apples! Nearly everyone complained about it. Luckily I had my Jamba Juice beforehand!

Someone different plans the meeting and the dinner each month so it's hard to corner one specific person, but my boss does know about my efforts and she's on WW as well so when it's her turn she always tries to get something more OP.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:54 AM   #20  

Quest, keep at the Yoga! Maybe you will inspire me to do something like that. I've tried a few times, but I find it boring.
Morrigan, you go girl! I waiver with my motivation and it's really and truly the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I shall conquer this, I shall!
Sunflower, I'm bummed out for you. That was dinner? Who ordered it all, a 100 pound 19 year old? Yikes! One thing that you could do is offer to take over this task for the office? It's extra work, but you could always try to accommodate special requests, having a "theme" each month like "Italian", "Greek", "vegetarian", "Californian", "Comfort Food" (but sneak in salad or low fat something!).
One of the most irritating things I have discovered is when people who are trying to lose weight are put at the mercy of others who are inconsiderate.
So, what is this Jamba Juice stuff? I've never heard of it.
Linda
Old 10-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #21  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Donuts!!!???? O Yikes! Well it sounds like you did just fine with it.

I notice that I am the worst when there's a batch of something naughty on the breakroom table and NO ONE IS IN THE ROOM with me. Because of our work we come and go all night and I apparently am vain enough to be good in front of people but if I get a shot at the goodies while no one's looking, my Evil Twin emerges and pounces!

Gee. Like last night. It was STRESS Central, there was a huge box of bagels and a few gourmet cream cheeses......and me. All alone. I ate a whole bagel [you know, the ones as big as a bus tire] with the works. This after all my upbeat talk yesterday.

At least posting this has helped me form a rule for myself about eating alone at work!

Climbing back on the wagon....Ipa
Old 10-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #22  

I love bagels. *sigh* I even drove by the lone Bruegger's in Denver the other day and told DH how much I love their sandwiches. DH hates bagels, pastries, all that stuff so at least we don't have to have any around!

Jamba Juice is a smoothie type place - and they have lower cal/fat smoothies that run 5 to 6 points each for the medium size and you basically get 5 servings of fruit in each, and you can add a "boost" in which they put in powdered fiber, protein, vitamins, etc - I usually get the fiber boost to help lower the carb count in the drinks. The medium size is generally enough to be a meal and I often have it for lunch when I'm on the road because 1. I get my fruit in for the day and 2. it's delicious!

Happy Tuesday to everyone - 2 more days til my first WI (well after my initial week). I'm doing well this week, but obviously it's week one so I'm going to wait a little longer before I get too excited!

Ipa - I do really well at work at meetings if people are around, but yeah, sometimes it's really hard when no one is there. And why can't more people be sensitive to the dietary needs of others? I mean, restaurants have vegetarian choices - how about more low cal/low fat choices?
Old 10-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #23  
Fighting the Good Fight

Jamba sounds fab!!!

I hear you about the restaurants. We go to brunch every Sunday with my in-laws and it's a Pancake Palace sort of place. REALLY hard to find something safe to eat. I finally found out they have a cup of fresh fruit and order that with scrambled eggs. Then I spear a forkful of pancake of dh's plate and call it good....

BEST of luck with your weigh-in! Just the thought of that should help you stay on plan today!

Ipa
Old 10-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #24  

Did well - I did use 6 flex points today, but was able to stop myself at that. I want to be able to have some sushi after WI on Thursday!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #25  

Sounds like everyone here is doing well and staying in conrol.
Jamba Juice sounds great, is this a chain type of place?
Well, off to clean my bedroom.... it's time to face it and deal.
Linda
Old 10-11-2006, 01:57 PM   #26  
Fighting the Good Fight

Whew!!! After posting here bout at-work snacking, I walked into a Bake Fest at work yesterday!! But I was psyched up from our board here and resisted: Donut holes, 3 varieties, Glazed apple fritters, and S'mores. Really glad I was SO busy I didn't actually eat for 8 hours--got home and just had a cup of lima beans and went to bed.

!!!Was that ME????

The morning weigh in --at home--looked great and now I'm psyched to stay on plan today too.

Katie/Sunflower--you hang on and get you a good Weigh In tomorrow and enjoy that sushi!

Ipa
Old 10-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #27  

Jamba is a chain, yes. It's just catching on here in Denver. Back in CA they were all over the place!

Used some more flex points today, but still have enough left over for my sushi. I'm looking forward to WI tomorrow night!

Ipa, you're awesome - donut holes, apple fritters and s'mores are some of my favorite things in the world! Way to go avoiding them!
Old 10-12-2006, 07:10 AM   #28  

Great job avoided the bake fest at work. What is it with these people and their junk foods? You should counter with some kind of treat that you bring in and leave in the break room or conference room, or where ever these foods are. What about a really nice fruit basket? They make what are called "edible arrangements" around here in the Northeast and they are very pretty and look like flowers! Or, you could make up a platter of low fat cheeses, low fat crackers (I love triscuits and wheat thins) and then add grapes, slices of cantaloupe, etc. and have a lovely and healthy snack. Maybe these sugar and processed food fiends will actually find they enjoy this little "spread".
It's an amazing difference how having good food clears your head and gives you energy!
I'm making beef stew in my crock pot today and am looking forward to enjoying it. No added fat of any kind and lean meat going into it. I found these wonderful rolls at our local grocery store bakery. They are called "Mele Hada" rolls and are only two points each and they are quite large. I can spread LF margarine on them and truly feel decadent, so having that with my healthy stew for dinner will be a nice meal.
I love the crock pot, all the major work goes into the meal at the beginning of the day!
Linda in rainy NH
Old 10-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #29  

Woohoo! Down 4.4 for week one. I'll gladly take half that much for next week! thanks for all the support this week, ladies!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:42 AM   #30  

Exclamation

Sunflower, Congratulations on your loss!!!

Keep up the good work. I'd take half as much too this week, gleefully!

So, tell us all what you ate in order to have that kind of loss! I need to know, perhaps I'll copy a few of your meals!
Linda
Closed Thread