Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 12:13 PM   #1  

Wink Howdy Everyone, I am a Newbie!

Howdy everyone! New here but just know I am going to love it
Since my nick is sooo long, just call me FBG! I am 36 years old and live in beautiful Northern California. I currently have 110 pounds to lose, but am very motivated to do it! Sometimes I wonder how I ever evolved to this weight? Then I stop and think...."I didn't evolve anything....I fed myself to this weight".
I know that the road and journey will be long and full of lessons to be learned but I do look forward to it! I am looking for new friends who face the same journey that I do and is willing to become "buds".....to share the daily ups & downs, encourage, support, trade recipes, cheer each other on?
A few things about me: I love to read, scrapbook, and shop! I am trying to get into the walking thing, make it a habit. I work full time in the telecommuncations industry, and also studying to become a Medical Transcriptionist. If ya would like to be my buddy, then drop me a line! I would love to hear from everyone!

FBG
Old 09-12-2001, 12:52 PM   #2  

Smile

Hey FBG :waves: I'm a newbie here too, and aint this site great! I totally love it. Seems we have about the same amount of weight to lose too. I started WW about 3 months ago, almost made it to my 25lb milestone. Have to keep trucking on, lol. Hope to chat with you sometime.
Old 09-20-2001, 10:31 PM   #3  

Angry

Hi FBG and Autumn Moon I love both of you're names. I'm new to this one too. I have 100 more to go. Started W.W. Aug. 4th. Hopefully this Sat. I will make my first 10% and hit the 25lb. mark at the same time. They are only seperated by.4. Yes I agree on this being a cool site. Good luck to both of you.
Old 09-20-2001, 10:52 PM   #4  

Welcome to all of you . I've been on weight watchers for over two years . I had lost about 105 pounds , have creeped up about 10-15 pounds in the last year , but still totally believe in this program . I've only missed a couple of meetings in the time that i've been going . Besides being educational the meetings are a place we don't have to explain how we got this way , we are accepted for who we are . I have about 70 pounds more to lose , which seems as far away as my origonal goal . We can do it , just not in one day . Kathy
Old 09-22-2001, 03:38 PM   #5  

Hi Everyone! First, let's not be hard on ourselves about how we got this way. My husband of 15 years eats 3 times as much as I do and he's one of those tall thin things--if he were a woman, I'd hate him ;-) I just started WW 2 weeks ago. First week was hard--I was starving all the time and didn't lose anything. 2nd week I lost 5
FBG: I'm in telecom also and was once a medical transcriptionist. Nice to meet you!

Good luck everyone!
Karyl
Closed Thread