Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 09:40 PM   #16  
LM

Here's my numbers for last week: (with exercise point deducted)

W: 22
Th: 21
F: 23.5
Sa: 24.5
Su: 27.5
M: 25
Tu: 30

average points/day: 25
home weigh-in: i think I lost a pound.
I haven't thought about the reward. but one day i will....
Old 08-15-2001, 08:29 AM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Kena: Have fun finding that perfect dress for the Christmas party. It's a great feeling buying something that makes you feel good. I like to treat myself to nail polish as well.

Patch: I haven't had any luck so far in finding charms (key, star) so far. I've checked on-line with Service Merchandise and last evening I was in K-Mart and checked but haven't found anything yet but I'm not giving up hope. I'd like to get a charm holder to put these on as well.

Patch, I know what you're talking about with a mental roadblock. That happened to me last year, I had gotten my weight down to 138 and was thrilled and then the self-doubt came into play and I slid back up. The puzzling part is that I know I can maintain the weight if I were to put my mind to it but somehow or other I let it go. You can do it! My goal is to get back down to that 138 mark and possibly even 136 and I know I have the power & ability to do it! Let's go for it!

Melissa
Old 08-15-2001, 02:07 PM   #18  

You got it Melissa and thanks. It's so great having you and the guys to bounce things off of.

Next week I'm on the East Coast... Cape Cod (Larry's parents live there) and an overnight to Martha's Vineyard. Lot's of company, drinking, eating out and eating in. I'm taking my journal and hope to use my InLaws computer to check in... I know I'm going to indulge somewhat but hope to maintain the loss and not gain any back.

I'm going to start the (gasp!) Week 9 Challenge to keep me focused and honest. See you there. - Patch -
Old 08-16-2001, 09:01 AM   #19  

Well, as suspected, I was up another .4 last night - three weeks in a row with a gain - sigh - being on vacation always does me in - on the bright side, I'm still in my personal goal zone.

Stats for the last week (much info is missing due to my lack of journalling)

W:22
Th:40
F:?
S:?
Su:?
M:26
T:24

Weigh in on Aug 15: 144.0
Old 08-16-2001, 09:19 AM   #20  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Don't get down, Katie. The summer is almost over and .4 is not that much. I'm sure you will do better next week.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:01 AM   #21  

Here are my numbers for my week:

Thursday: 20
Friday: 25
Saturday: ??? (homemade pizza)
Sunday: 22
Monday: 23
Tuesday: 20
Wednesday: 21

Had a .4 gain this past week; weight 142.8

I'm also getting my walking in again now that the temps have cooled off so this should help with my weight loss efforts.

Melissa
Old 08-16-2001, 01:05 PM   #22  

Katie - hang in there... and you're right, staying at goal for the summer months with as much vacationing as you've been doing I think is a phenomenal feat.

Melissa - Great to hear you're getting back to walking. It's the only thing that really does it for me. I justs can't seem to commit to a gym, and forget at home stuff. And while my hubby half the time has to push me out of bed to walk in the mornings... I know it has been the key to losing the weight as consistenly as I have.

So hooray for you. What kind of pace do you keep? How long a walk is comfortable? Do you do any hill work (ugh)? I try to walk 3x a week. Monday with my Leggers group at track (1hr), Thursday morning with a friend 1/2 - 45min, and Saturdays with the Leggers walking group (this varies but we'll be up to 4 miles this week).
Old 08-16-2001, 01:16 PM   #23  

Patch: I keep a pretty good pace, if I say so myself, generally I can cover a mile in about 12 minutes, give or take a couple minutes. I had joined a gym a number of years ago but just couldn't stick with it. Walking is my main form of exercise and has been my key to weightloss and maintenance. Generally I do most of my walking over my lunch hour (30-45 minutes) and if I manage to get to work early I've gotten in a short 15-minute walk prior to starting my day. I don't usually get any hills in for the most part. My goal has been to get out and walk at least 3 times during the week over my lunch hour. My DH and I sometimes go for walks after dinner and generally these walks are longer and include a little bit of hills but nothing major. Last evening my youngest son accompanied me walking (2+ miles). My most comfortable walk is 30-45 minutes.

I've never kept track of how many miles I walk in a week, although it would be interesting to see how they add up and how it affects my weight. I have a pedometer I may just have to start using again

Melissa

Last edited by MelissaL; 08-16-2001 at 01:18 PM.
Closed Thread