Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 08:14 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry How do you stay satisfied?

My WW meeting this week dealt with staying full and satisfied. When hunger is physical, how do you deal with it? Let's get some great ideas going. I'll start.
I have a shelf in the kitchen that holds *only* food items I can calculate as 1 or 2 points at the most. It also holds some free items. When I am hungry, I make a good selection from those items. Right now I am roasting a pan of fresh vegetables to have during the day. I will also freeze them in one cup servings as my WW leader suggested to have on hand when I need to bulk up a meal.
234/thinner
Old 08-09-2001, 09:08 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

For me keeping satisfied is making sure I have protein with my meals. They seem to stick longer with me. I keep on hand Yoplait Light Yogurt (2 pts) and sprinkle a little Grape Nuts Cereal in for crunch, Swiss Miss FF French Vanilla Hot Cocoa and low point soups. I also have on hand the Baker's Breakfast Cookies.
Old 08-09-2001, 12:49 PM   #3  

I make sure to eat something every two to three hours. I try to keep the points for my main meals fairly low so that I can have plenty of low point snacks through out the day.
Old 08-19-2001, 10:25 AM   #4  

- I know for myself if I ever get to the point where I am starving it is hard for me to get satisfied. I am like Mhami- I must eat every couple hours to make sure I don't get too hungry.
Some of my favorite snacks are:

-Dannon light snack pack yogurt (only 1pt!) with some Fiber One cereal added
-I make a small fruit salad with a 3oz banana, 1/2 cup strawberries, and 1/2 cup blueberries - all for 2pts! For added flavor sometimes I put 2tblsp of light Fat Free whipped topping on it- but you could use any fruit that is available (but I have to keep the whipped topping frozen otherwise I will want to eat a spoonful of it everytime I pass the fridge!!!!!)
-A Boca Burger with a light hamburger bun loaded with romaine lettuce, tomato, pickle, and just a bit of onion - 2pts
-carrots and salsa 0
-a whole-wheat flour tortilla with 1/2 cp fat free refried beans, lettuce, salsa and tomato 2pts
-steamed fresh broccoli with 2pc Kraft 2% cheddar cheese 2pts
-baked potato with salsa - 3pts
-1 cup black beans with tomato, chili seasoning, a bit of onion, green peppers and whatever else you have - 2pts
-brown rice - 3pts with steamed frozen stir-fry veggies- 3pts

These are just a few things that I have found that are low in point and at the same time really help to fill me up. Most of my foods have to have a bit of protein otherwise I am hungry about 1hour later. Also, I am a volume eater, so I tend to use veggies as a "filler" to increase the amount of food that I have. You would be SHOCKED at how much steamed broccoli I have put away in one sitting!

Really though, it is a challange for me because I work all day and I tend to have squandered my points on snacks and such at work, so when I get home I have very few points left and I am hungry, so I am left kinda experimenting and putting things together to try to make a satisfing low-point meal.
Old 08-19-2001, 11:54 PM   #5  

I too am one who finds I need a little protein to carry me through. For instance,for breakfst I usually have 1c. yogurt, 1c. fruit and 1/3-1/2c. cereal (grapenuts, bran etc.) Have found that I didn't always make it to lunch until I added an extra glass of milk. Just that added protein does the trick for me.

I also add a cut up cooked soy burger, Boca or Morningstar, to my bowl of veggie soup. Adds only 1 pt. plus a piece of fruit for a 4 pt. lunch that carries me all afternoon.

Love the sandwich rolls I get at Costco and while they are 4 pts. each, 1 of those with a 1 pt. soy burger, lettuce, pickles and such really fills me up. Add a fruit and it is only 6 pts. and satisfies me until supper.

Last edited by New-Me; 08-20-2001 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-21-2001, 10:17 AM   #6  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Thanks for the great ideas. I do better when I have protein included in my meals. When I start walking around the house thinking about toast or other carbs, it's time for me to take stock of where my emotions are and get back on track! Thanks for your satisfying ideas.
234/thinner
Closed Thread