Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Default Memorial Day Challenge

I know there are challenges set up on other forums but I was wondering if we couldn't/shouldn't start one on this forum too. I've had to search for those and find if I can't get all the threads on the same forum I tend to not post on all of them. Anyone interested?

My goal for Memorial Day is 10lbs lost. I'll put a ticker up after my official WI next Sunday.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

My Memorial Day goals are
1) to be under 180 lbs (that is a 12-14 loss)
2) to not eat leftovers from the kid's plates
3) to exercise everyday that I don't work
Old 04-16-2006, 11:57 PM   #3  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

i did the easter challenge, and it really helped keep me focused (even though i was .8 shy of my goal). so, sign me up for this one! 10 more pounds!
Old 04-17-2006, 12:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

I'm in! I'd like to be down another 15 pounds by Memorial Day! That may be too much too soon, so I'd be happy with 10! But I'll try for the 15!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Count me in! I'd like to reach my 199lbs goal by then, so thats about 9 lbs to lose. I'm not sure if I'll make it so I'll set my goal at 6lbs for Memorial Day
So um, how does this challenge go? Should we post everyday? our daily points and activity(AP)?
Old 04-17-2006, 03:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/157/130

i'm in! i had some trouble with my easter goal, but with the changing weather i am ready to get going on this lifestyle change!
my goals by memorial day: go to the gym 4-5 times/week, running 10 miles/week, losing 15 pounds.
15 seems extreme, but i feel like i can do it. i'm typically a very, very active person. but have fallen into a pit, i think because of the cold and rain. but i'm ready to get started for summer!
Old 04-17-2006, 03:39 AM   #7  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey Chris! Since you joined my MD challenge, I'll join yours. I'm posting my MD ticker tonight after I do my WI and officially finish my Easter challenge.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #8  

I would also like to join this challenge~ I didnt do so good for Easter challenge. Hoping this will keep me more focused.

I want to lose 8 pounds by than
drink my water
write down what i eat
do treadmill 6 days a week for 30 mins
and NO eating out at restaurants
Old 04-17-2006, 03:17 PM   #9  

Hello Everyone!!! Welcome!!

Morrigan…I like how you’ve included non-pounds lost goals in your challenge. I think I’ll do the same. SO I’m changing my goal:
1) 10 lbs lost
2) exercise everyday I don’t have school (after work) for at least 30 minutes
3) limit dining out to only once a week for dinner and once a week for lunch (this will allow me to go out on a date AND eat lunch with my supervisor)

Rahkstar…I agree with you…having the challenge helps me stay focused too. I think for me its because I feel accountable to something. Besides I love the feeling I get when I meet a challenge. I think I might be a closet competitor.

Justsomegirl…I like your attitude after all isn’t the weight loss battle mostly your attitude. I set a goal of 10lbs for Easter and even though I didn’t make it I was happy with my loss. I think it was the fact I got below 200 for the first time in forever.

Jigglybits…I just gotta warn ya…when you hit Onderland after being about 200 for a while it’s a brand new feeling. I hit it yesterday and I think I’m still on a high. I wanted to cry when I saw the scale stop on 198.8lbs. I even took a picture of it for my scrapbook. Just wanted to give ya warning…it’s a great GREAT feeling. And as to when and how often you should post and what….just what ever…I post at least once a week when I weight in…however if I’m having a bad day and need some support I post then too…and if it helps post your points. I post my on other thread and it’s helped me a lot…. I firmly believe the more we post the more we help not only ourselves but someone else too.

Katie…I think most of us would agree with you on the weather. I’m in Texas where it’s been relatively mild all winter but even I feel a difference. I’m not an outdoor-type person but I’ve enjoyed it the last few days.

Shari…glad you came over girl…I was worried you’d be upset I started another challenge. I just had such a time finding yours….had to find a post by you here to click the link.

Cryket…I think you do fine on the Easter challenge. You didn’t give up and that’s the hardest thing to me. By your other posts we know you’ve been frustrated with it so I’m glad you didn’t let your frustration bring you down.

Well I guess I should get back to work. Hope everyone's day is going as well as mine is.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:33 PM   #10  

Well I got started off on right foot today~ I did my treadmill for 30 mins and i am trying to stick with my meal plan.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Down 3 lbs this week!
That makes my MD Goal a lot more doable. Only 11 lbs to go.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:36 PM   #12  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm in too!! Glad to see some friendly names around here too. My goal will be 10 pounds. As of last Tuesday, I was 5 pounds from my 10%. After this week I expect to be 7 pounds from it. That is ok. I am feeling good this evening. I am feeling positive. I will start tomorrow after I weigh in. Thanks for starting this Chrissy!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:51 PM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Don't worry Chris, I ain't made. Gotta go post my weight and new tracker in my other thread.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:40 AM   #14  

ALRIGHT, CRYKET!!! I’m so proud of you!!! I know how hard it’s been for you to get back on the treadmill…so YEA for YOU!!! I’ll admit when I read posts last night before going to bed I was really excited for you. So excited that I decided right then and there to walk for 30 minutes on my treadmill. I even got up and put on my workout clothes. I was tying my shoes when it hit me….it’s 10:30 at night…if I exercise now I’ll never get to sleep. I’ve made a plan though to exercise as soon as I get home. That way it’s out of the way.

3lbs in one week….WTG Morrigan. See…Easter didn’t mess ya up!! We can have family get togethers and lose at the same time.

Welcome to the challenge, Amy. I didn’t realize you were so close to your 10% goal. I know it’s sounds silly but when I got that key chain I was so proud of myself. I showed it to everyone. And as strange as it sounds after I got it I wasn’t embarrassed to tell people how much I weighed. Before only a few of my close friends and family knew. I’ll tell anyone now. I think, for me, getting that 10% key chain made it feel like I’d actually done something. Anyone else get reach that point? If so what did it for you? After I weigh in officially at my next meeting on Sunday below I’ll feel that way again. I love these ‘little’ surprise feelings I’m having on this journey.

Congrats on the 6lb loss for your Easter challenge, Shari. I didn’t meet my 10 lbs goal either but isn’t it great to have lost some?

Here’s my big dilemma. I can’t seem to get motivated to eat breakfast lately. Sometimes it’s because I’m running late but sometimes, like this morning, I just don’t eat. There are usually little factors, like I’m out of my normal breakfast food, but the little things shouldn’t keep me from doing something I know I need to do. SOOO what can I do? What should I do to stay motivated to do something I don’t really care about? I’ve decided to keep something lite in my desk for days like this but what about other things.

What motivates you?
Old 04-18-2006, 11:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Count me in!

Hi all!

I would like to join this challenge!

My goals:

Down 10 lbs by MD
Walk at least 4 days per week @ 2.5 miles per day
Stay on plan and keep my fingers out of the jelly bean jar :-)
Do my toning exercises 2 times per week.

Talk to everyone soon!
Princess
Closed Thread