Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #1  

Default New WW pilot program :(

My center is being used as a testing ground for a new WW plan - "Eat Move Think"

It has several changes to the Turnaround program, but the one that is bugging me is that there is now a mathimatical formula based on weight, age, activity level, etc... to figure your daily points allowance.

It is going to make me add 4 points to my daily points allowance. I am not happy about this, but my leader is strongly encouraging all of us to try the new plan.

Thing is, I am doing really well with the one I have been following - got the food down, got exercise and having fun doing it, losing weight and pretty happy with it.

I don't want to change!!!

Do you think I should just continue to follow the old plan and lie about it, or tell them the truth?

Last edited by BeccaChu; 03-27-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:46 PM   #2  

I would continue to use the old plan and just say no to the new one. Tell them the truth, but say "no thank you." It's your body, your diet, you don't want to change, and they should not be able to make you.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #3  
Coop class of '82

I'd give it a try for a short time. Try it for two weeks and see what happens. Then you won't feel like you need to be dishonest, after all you DID try it but prefer your plan. Who knows, it could be interesting. I think this is the program they are using in the UK.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

You know what I bucked the whole FLEXPOINTS until I realized how much better it was. I am thinking that this new mathematically formula is based on
Basal Metabolic Rate thus it includes the APs that you were earning into it. It more than likely isn't any different than what you are doing now except that it FORCES you to utilize your APs.

I wish I had more info on it...I'd like to look at it. Are they keeping CORE too?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #5  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

New Program..oh My Goodness... What Now.... New Sliders.. New Material... I Dont Like Change
Attached Images
File Type: gif mess of insecurities.gif (9.6 KB, 351 views)
Old 03-26-2006, 02:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217.8 / 172 / 140

what IS this new formula? if you don't want to post it, could you pm it to me?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:06 AM   #7  

WW is always evolving. All that money we pay goes largley into research to make the program better. Change is hard. Our leader said WW drastically changed during her 4 years of weightloss before she was a leader. In that 4 years she had to learn 4 completley different programs.

If it's a pilot program your honest effort in trying it and expressing how you feel about it will help them decide if it's right for thier customers or not. If the entire group of you hates it then maybe they won't launch it elsewhere. If you liek the ocnveince of syaing here's your points use them, then express that. For me I like not having to do tons of math, so I too would probably balk at this change. But change is good. Like Kelly said, she got used to Flex and found it great. Plus, they aren't going to create a program that makes you gain, that would be bad for bussiness LOL.

Besides you NEVER have to lie at WW. It's your choice what you use. You will never be "yelled at" or reprimanded as I have heard other programs do. IF you are reprot your leader If what you are doing is working then express that and if it's not your leader will encourage you with advice and information about what you can change to help you meet your goals. Own what you do and be proud of your success. They can't make you change if you don't want to.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:10 AM   #8  

I think that the sliders and most of the points values for foods have remained the same... they are keeping the flex and core plans. The big change is the figuring of the daily points system and the program itself has new material, new writing, etc...

I didn't want to freak out every one! It really doesn't look that bad or drastic, just that I don't want to risk upping my points and gaining weight because of it... I know that some people LOST points with the new formula...

I'll have to look up the formula; I'm still carrying the Turnaround book and left the new one at home.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:31 PM   #9  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

tHANS FOR INFORMING US! I know that i lose slower than my friend and we each have the same target points. Maybe they want to more indivualize points???
Old 03-27-2006, 04:32 PM   #10  

Sounds like a great improvement to me. I sure would try it for a month before I turned it down.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 187/168/140

I don't know if I could afford to lose any points after I'm done nursing! I already had trouble with 22 points before I was pregnant.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #12  
Cowboy Up Chick

Like I said before...it doesn't sound like much difference except that it seems like they are forcing you to be 1) more honest with activity and 2) use them.

Again remember this is a 'test' program and please follow it and see how it works...you maybe the 'cutting edge' for the rest of us.
Closed Thread