3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 07:52 PM   #106

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I have been eating nearly 0 points soup all day. Zero point soup with beans in it makes for about 1/2 point per serving.

On our trip this weekend my mom started reading her book out loud to us. The author was really funny, that is, until it turned into a book about child abuse, which just isn't my idea of fun reading. She has a phd from harvard, great timing, great vocab, but I don't like being depressed. It reminded me of when I rented "Life is Beautiful". The previews were filled with kids running down country lanes, bicycling, and romance. I rented the movie, which started off the same way, then BOOM.. Holocost. I spent the rest of the evening crying. It was a great movie, but not my idea of a fun popcorn evening. This book was the same way.

The author was on a spiritual quest and had been trying to reach God through prayer, meditation, fasting... When my mom was reading about the fasting part, I was thinking that the ability to fast would make it a lot easier to diet. I could have a 40 point day, fast for 1 day and end up with an average of 20 points. Sounds easy. A few chapters later she reveiled herself as a severe anorexic... and I realized... there is no easy road.

So the 40 point day goes behind me as do easy fixes.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #107
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Thank you so much for sharing that. Are you sure you just teach math??? I go on my girls' trip on Thursday. Tomorrow will be my last post until Monday. I will try to do ok, but plan on having a good time and not depriving myself of everything good. I plan on at least one serving of my favorite 24 point icecream at Cold Stone. Will chat tomorrow. Have a good night everyone.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #108

Default Food 04-04-06

Points for the day 20

Breakfast
2 slices (40 cal.wheat Bread) 2
Low fat laughing cow light cheese 1 =4
1/2 grapefruit 1

Lunch
1 mimi flatbread 1
2 oz. baked chicken 2
1 t. dressing 1 =6
yogurt 2 (afternoon) 2

Supper 2oz. Roast beef 3
1/2 c mashed potatoes 2 =8
1/2 c salad with 1t. dressing 1
2T. brown gravy 2
Point for the day 18

I am trying hard to keep in my point range.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:22 AM   #109

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Good Morning all... I've got my day all planned out and so far have been sticking to it. Here's my plan:

points for day = 24

12 oz water - as soon as I wake up (sits next to bed) 0pt

Breakfast Burrito -10pts
salsa - 0pt
16 oz water - 0pt

16 oz water - 0pt

salad w/FF dressing - 1pt
SF Jello - 0pt
WW yogurt - 1pt
16 oz water - 0pt

1/2 bag FF popcorn - 1pt
16 oz water - 0pt

salad w/FF dressing - 1pt
turkey breast - 3pt
steamed broccoli - 0pt
potatoes (baked with olive oil & cajin seasonings) - 4pts
16 oz water - 0pt

16 oz water - 0pt

1/2 bag FF popcorn - 1pt
12 oz water -0pt

Total points for day 22 pts
Water 120 oz

Let's hope I stick to it. Hope you all have a great day.

"What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ Freud

Old 04-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #110
25 pounds down

S/C/G: 210/185/127

Hello there everyone! I've been on ww for now 3wks & loss 10pds.
mornings for me include:
low carb tortilla :1pt.
egg sub. 1/4cup : 1pt.
half Tsp of low fat sour cream: 1pt.
salsa : 0pts.
low fat hot dog: 1pt
total 4pts breakfeast

lunch
white rice steamed 1cup : 4pts.
fish 2oz : 4pts
1cup of green beans:0pts.
total 8

treat: jello sugar less :2pts

Dinner
2oz chicken skin less : 3pts
low fat chesse 2pinches:1pt
roll chicken w/chesse inside w/toothpick
and bake for 15-20min.
large salad w/ beans tomatoes etc. low fat thousand island : 2pts
1cup of white rice : 4pts
total 10pts
p.s. sometime I have one pita bread thats 1pt.

total for the day 24
my target is 26 daily

Be brave & keep losing, stay on track for ur self!!
Old 04-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #111

Wednesday 4/5

Did you know that at 01:02:03 am this morning the date was 05/06?

Breakfast: pbj (4), milk (1)
Snack: Cliff Bar (4)
Lunch: Soup (0), crackers (2), anna's pbj (5)

So far today 16

I may as well not be dieting for how the rest of the day went. I think I really need to get back to journaling with a pencil and paper as well as here. If I wait until evening to reconstruct how much I ate, I do not do nearly as well as seeing the points physically add up as I go.

After soup... coffee (2), nap with DS (that was nice), nibbled before dinner when I fed DD a snack... most of her boca burger (3), some of her cheese (1), all of her bread (2), then I fixed dinner which I am proud to say, I ate no pasta. Salad (0), pesto (3), chicken (4), mozzerella (3). Then before bedtime snack for the kids and I ate their toast (3).

37 points for the day.

If I had skipped eating off the kids plate I would have had had 19 fewer points today for a total of 18.

One of the biggest reasons I have been doing well on WW was my resolution to not eat random things (like mozzerella, peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, homemade bread, cereal, etc, etc, etc...) off my childrens plate. I know for a fact that doing that is what had led me to gain 20 lbs between April 05 and January 06.

I am RE-RESOLVING here. NO KID FOOD!

Last edited by morrigan; 04-05-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #112

4/6 -

So far today ok day....not the best but within my points for breakfast...

12 oz of water (when i woke up) - 0pt

I had 3 cups of butter lover's popcorn = 3pts.
16 oz of water - 0pts.

Not sure about lunch and dinner yet.

I know the butter lover's popcorn isn't the best thing to have for breakfast but sometimes I crave it and since I can control how much of it I eat it sometimes instead of the 94% FF kind. The reason I had it today instead of breakfast is that I walked off and left my breakfast at home. When I got to work it was the best of the worst in the vending machine. It was either butter lover's popcorn which I can control portions, or the mini-donuts (which I have no will power to stop eating until they're gone). I'll make up for it with lunch and dinner. I'm thinking Subway for lunch (only 7 or 8 pts) and then still not sure about dinner. Any ideas?

Hope everyone's having a good day!!

Old 04-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #113

I love the bags of organic, pre packaged, spring mix lettuce (it has lots of other greens in it too). I put whatever I cook for dinner over a bed of greens as apposed to over rice or pasta like I used to.

I got up - and instead of making breakfast I ate the crusts of the kid's toast. I need to repeat the phrase, "I am not a garbage can" a few times.

Breakfast: Toast Crust (really good homemade bread) (2), creamer (2)

I am going to have 20 points for the next 4 days to try and get myself back in line.

Lunch: 3 oz chicken (3) with pesto (3)
Snack: Strawberries (1)

11 points so far today

Last edited by morrigan; 04-06-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:30 PM   #114

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

You ladies are so good at putting your meals together! I'm having such a hard time trying to find things to fit within my points and still manage to get all of my milks, fruit&veg, and oil points in without going over. I've been doing it, but not totally enjoying my food, ya know?

Here is a typical day for me:

Breakfast -
2 salmon oil tablets (2pts) got my oils in!
12 oz 2% milk latte - 4pts
Banana - 2pts

Lunch -
Veggie soup - 0pts
1 piece wholw wheat bread - 2pts
1 oz lean lunchmeat - 1

Snack - 1/2 WW carrot cake - 1.5pts

Dinner-
Chicken breast and vegetables - 5pts
Salad - 0
Salad dressing - 1.5

Snack -
Berries - 1.5pts
1/2 cup yogurt - 1

21.5 points! I'm allowed 22

Any better ideas would be helpful!

**One for every 5 pounds lost**

Old 04-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #115

I have actually thrown in the towel at trying to get everything in every day.

Say, for instance, you have your 2 milks (4) and your 2 oils (2). If you are on 20 points, that leaves you only 14 for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I think it is much easier to fit everything in when your point range is say 26 or 30. I usually get my milks in (12 oz latte), but I eat pretty healthy, so I don't worry about all the others on a daily basis. If you are choosing your foods from the core list of whole grains, lean meats, veggies, etc.., you should do fine. I do think that because WW is a low calorie diet it is important to take a multivitamin daily. I say this as I realize I haven't taken one in 2 or 3 weeks.

I try to fit my oils in with something yummy like
... a spoonful of peanut butter
... sesame oil drizzled over snow peas
... pesto sauce over grilled chicken
... prawns sauteed in garlic chili oil
at least that way you are getting in some taste for the points.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #116

Change your latte to a 12 oz double with nonfat milk and no flavor and you are down to a 2 point latte. Use cinammon sprinkles, orange sprinkles, or sugar substitute if you have to doctor it up.

And yes, it doens't taste quite as good as my old mocha frappachino with 600+ calories, but I have gotten used to my double-tall nonfat, just like my diet coke instead of rum and coke, my skim milk instead of whole milk, my sugar free cocoa instead of the real stuff with whip cream and marshmallows, and even my owfat vanilla yogurt in a blender with blueberries instead of Hagan-Daas.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #117

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

That's a good idea about skim milk for the latte. Thanks!!!

I used to have mocha's and dropped to latte's when I started WW. We make them at home and I usually have 2% milk around the house for my little girl and husband. I would definitely be willing to go down to 1% or skim milk. Whenever I order a latte at a coffee shop, I always ask for a "skinny" one.

Those 2 points will really help!! It would be nice to be able to have more dinner choices and 2 extra points would help with that.

I'm only 5'1" tall, so every ounce of fat shows and I really need to get my weight down to a more healthy place.

Thanks!

**One for every 5 pounds lost**

Old 04-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #118

Snowgal...another thing you might try is to find a 1pt bread. I found a whole wheat bread that's only 1 pt per slice. It's Mrs. Barid's, a bread that's made here in Texas so I doubt you'll find the exact one but I think Sara Lee makes one too. I just took my slider to the store with me and went from there. I know it's only 1 pt but 1 pt helps when you're down to only 20 or 22. I just went down to 24 pts and I'm finding it hard sometiems too.

I also try to plan my day to include all the things we're supposed to but like morrigan I don't stress about it. I try to get all my veggies, usually using a oil to either cook in or top a veggie. For my milk I usually eat yogurt. There are some 1pt yogurts out there, mostly WW I think but I wanna say at least one other one as well. I'll look when I get home and see if I can find it.

The only thing I make sure I do everyday is drink water. LOTS and LOTS of water. I drink between 100 and 120 oz a day. I start from the moment i get up (I keep a glass by the bed) and drink all day until I get into bed. And that doesn't include and thing else I might have to drink. I might have a glass of tea or a coke or something but then I drink a same size glass of water right after. I know it seems like a lot and depending on your activity level you probably shouldn't have to drink as much as I do. My Doc says I'm still dehydrated so i've gotta drink a lot.

That's my 2cents worth. Hope it helps.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #119

OK - this has been really bugging me.

Has anyone else noticed that on some of the WW products (like the yogurt), when you take your little slider to it or if you use the formula that it is more points than they say? The Yogurt comes out 2 on a slider and some of the desserts come out more also. I think they are cheating to get better sales. I mean who would buy 2 point yoplait if the same amount of calories in a WW box says 1 pt?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #120

ok...now i'm kinda worried. I use a lot of WW foods. I have never noticed that the points were different. I guess I shouldn't take everything on blind faith like that. I think I'll look at the stuff I have and use my slider to figure the points from now on. Thanks for the info morrigan.

Closed Thread