Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #946  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 235/192/170

Height: 5'7"

I'd love a good challenge morrigan, just let me know where to look!
Today was a good day ( so far anyhow )...Tomorrow is WI and I'm very nervous, I'm psyching myself up to just take what comes and begin anew for this upcoming week.
B: banana 1pt, ww yogurt 1pt
L: pb&j 4pts, 100 cal snack 2pts, fruit 2pts
D: smart one 4pt, peas 2pt, pineapple angel food cake 3pts
18 pts so far out of 26...trying to stay under for WI tomorrow.

Ugh, ate 2 ww bars, so that puts me at 22 pts out of 26. I swear, what is it about 8pm that makes us think we need to eat something more!!!

Last edited by AJsMommy; 08-01-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:58 PM   #947  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hey everyone!! Paige sounds like you had a great day with your exercise! Sounds fun. How are you making it with no a/c? I know when we have our hurricanes here in sunny Florida when we are without air sometimes it is 1-3 wks without power and it is killer. Ok, breakfast-2 pks apple/cinnamon instant oatmeal/banana=5 pts. lunch-lean cuisine/baby carrots/watermelon=8 pts. dinner-lean cuisine/salad/sf pudding=8 pts. snack-dry oatbran/fresh cherries=3 pts. Today I have had 24 pts. I rode my stationary bike 20 miles. Some friends and I started a biggest loser contest.I am excited about that. Also this morning I weighed 173. So another 2 lbs. down. I work my butt off and some weeks I don't lose anything??!! It is a good thing I am not in any hurry!!! And at least I know I am giving it my all. I refuse to get down!!! I am so thankful I found this website and met so many great people because normally I would have given up by now. I will talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:10 AM   #948  

S/C/G: 257/246/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey Everyone,

I had a good day! I didn't eat poorly (which I've been doing lately) and I worked my rear end off (ha ha I wish ) cleaning my new office. I am so tired so I think I'll say goodnight.

Kelley
Old 08-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #949  
Jennifer

Well, I had WI this morning and I stayed the same. I guess I can't complain, it wasn't a gain, but I sooooo wanted to be in onederland this week. It sometimes feels like I'll never get there! I'm alittle discouraged, but instead of going out and binging, I'm meeting a friend for lunch for salads. I already went to Curves, so I got my workout in. It's supposed to be another scorcher here today, so after the vet, lunch and an appointment for a consultation to have some spots by my eye lasered...I'm homebound!
Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll post my daily food intake later

I need ALOT of this for the upcoming week!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #950  

S/C/G: 215/176.6/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMommy
Ugh, ate 2 ww bars, so that puts me at 22 pts out of 26. I swear, what is it about 8pm that makes us think we need to eat something more!!!
I know I'm being preachy but, my weight watcher's leader always said that eating less than your minimum points wasn't a good idea and even tells a story about a woman who could not take off her last 10 pounds and oculdn't figure out why. The leader had her fill out a journal and she was eating under her points. The leader challenged her to eat her minimum points and the weight steadily came off after that. Nutritionists say that eating too little is a good way to get your body to hold onto too much food. Basically, it goes into starvation mode and starts hording everything. Sometimes it's difficult to get the body out of starvation mode, which makes weight loss harder even when you do eat properly. Not to mention, if you do lose weight with being under points, you'll likely lose too rapidly and this can be rough on your heart and other body systems.
Anyways, I'll hop off my soap box now and post my journal for yesterday

8-1-06

B:
2 mini cod cakes - 2 pts
Egg screambled with turkey, salsa, FF sour cream and salsa - 3 pts
1/2 piece multi-grain toast -1 pt
1/4 cottage cheese with celery - 1
1c Green Beans: - 1

L:
1/2 Turkey & Cheese Sandwich - 4 pts
Celery & 1/2 TBL Pnut butter - 1 pt
Raw Carrots - 0 pts
S:
Chocolate peanut Butter Solo Bar (havent found a flavor of these that I don't like so far) - 4 pts

S:
Sugar Free Skin Latte' - 2 pts
Raw Carrots - 0 pts

D:
1 Buffalo Wing - 2 pts
1 c mixed veggies - 1 pt
1 oz Turkey - 1 pt
Multi-grain toast - 2 pts
Raw bell pepper with salt, pepper and vinegar - 0 pts

S:
Dreyers P-nut butter cup Ice Cream with syrups, whip cream and sprinkles - 5 pts

Activity: Dance - 3 pts (but I only counted 1 as points I would eat)

total - 28 pts: On target according to the wendie plan (technically it's 29 but I miscalculated yesterday and I ended up 1 pt over, so i shaved that one point off of today's. This still works because ysterday was still a low day, 25 pts, and today was still a higher day, 28 pts)
Old 08-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #951  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Wednesday: August 2nd

good thing I typed out the date - it is the birthday of one of my best friends and I just remembered

exceeded my point limit last night, but still doing OK for the week.

Breakfast: oatbran cereal with brown sugar (4), and creamer (1)
Snack: :Latte (3)
Lunch: noodle stuff (4)

12 points so far today 3:51 pm
I did some laps at the lake as well.

I was invited to my aunts for pizza and then skipped eating. I just sat next to my kids and fed them. It was weird. She had me over to tutor her son in math who proceded to start fighting with his parents, refused to do math, and then left. Then my other aunt and uncle didn't show because they are both on a diet. So it was the 3 of us and two kids with 5 pizza's. I didn't have any. Go figure. I did take 2 over to a friends house (she has 7 kids). I don't actually know her that well, but I figure with that many kids to feed a few pizza's wouldn't hurt. I also brought her some other stuff so it wouldn't just look like a pizza trip. Then I came home and made dinner (after passing on the ice cream that she fed my kids) -- then I finally made myself dinner.

Tofu stir fry with onions and snow peas (10)

22 point day

Last edited by morrigan; 08-02-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #952  

Today is one of those days where I feel like putting my daughter up for sale. UGH! Non stop whinning since 5:30 this morning. Neither here nor there...

Start-26

Dinner-chicken-4
baked fries-3
Ice cream-3

Snack-3/4 slice of homemade pizza-3

Breakfast-Turkey on lite wheat-2
Coffee-1

Lunch-pizza wrap-3.5
2 servings ff ice cream-2
coffee-.5

Total-22

I still have some time before dinner, so I know I'll use up those last 4 pts. I finished up my first 64oz water awhile ago, so I should go refill my container. I've been averaging 3 refills a day.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #953  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

My Mother-in-law came by last night and wanted to go out to dinner. The night before weigh-in! I was so nervous (I'm too close to lifetime membership to mess up now) but talked her into going to Applebee's so it worked out alright. Just had the grilled shrimp salad (5pts)

Had my weigh-in this morning. Down 1.4 lbs!!!! aunt Flo bid her farewell yesterday, so that obviously helped with my weigh-in.

Today so far I'm just now drinking my skim latte, so not much food-wise yet.

Mpaigew - how old is your daughter? Mine is 6yo and we have those days too! Hang in there!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:09 PM   #954  
Jennifer

Voodoo, I don't mind a soap box comment at all I do tell people that same thing all the time, esp my mom...you must eat, to lose weight! I just have read numerous posts, where people tend to save 4 or so the night before weigh in, so on those nights when I'm truly not hungry, I don't go eating just to waste points...if that makes sense.
I think part of my problem, that I forgot until today (of course) is I had dairy queen 2x last week...how could I have erased that from my mind!! lol
So, staying the same is ok...although, hubby is still staring at that pink bag!!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #955  

Liz-I have a 4yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old, both girls. The 4 yr old is the one that has always driven me nuts. Our personalities are very similar (umm, hard headed, stubborn, know-it-all!) so it makes it especially hard to be around each other all the time. I swear, I'm counting down the days till the fall semester starts. It's one of those things that can't be expressed before you have kids...as soon as you get pregnant your identity is gone. School is the only time that no one knows me as a mom or a wife, just as PAIGE. However, I am soooo lucky that I have a dh that recognizes how much more difficult it is to stay home and be responsible for two little people than it is to go to work.

Anyway...that had nothing to do with ww...lol!
Old 08-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #956  
Jennifer

Well, as long as we're sharing our kids info I have a 9 yr old son, who sometimes I think is 29, lol. He cracks us up w/his little quirky comments that he overhears, and thinks he understands the meaning of. He's the only child, only grandchild on my side, and basically the only on the other (my 2 nieces live in VA, so not often do they have to share the grandparents). He keeps telling me he understands adult humor now, since he's 9. IF he only knew!! We've been trying for #2 since he turned 1, and obviously w/out any luck. It will happen when/if it's meant to be. I figure what'll happen is I'll lose all my weight and then get pg! Which would put me on nonetheless.

My day so far:
B: None, had ww meeting and I won't/don't eat beforehand
L: Salad w/chicken, bacon and bbq w/pita 9pts
S: South Beach Bar 2pts (Never had one before, not bad...not as good as the ww bars, but def cheaper!)
D: spaghetti w/homemade sauce 7pts, piece baguette bread w/spray ICBINB 2pts
I bought some mint skinny cows, never had them before..so I'll use 2pts later for one of those...and of course my popcorn w/oil 3pts
However, I am very satisfied after dinner so I hope I can manage to eat both those later...I really need to stop leaving too many pts for after dinner. I wonder if doing the pts the way some of you do, using dinner as your first meal would work for me. That way I'm not forced to eat 6-7'ish pts at night that I didn't use during the day. How's that working for those of you that do it?
Old 08-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #957  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hello everyone! breakfast-dry oatbran/watermelon=4 pts. lunch-lean cuisine/baby carrots/sf pudding=7 pts. dinner-smartone/salad=7pts.So far I have had 18 pts. I will use at least 4-5 more pts. for a snack. I rode my exercise bike 20 miles.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:47 PM   #958  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Wow, I feel like I have fallen off the face of the earth. Have had a busy weekend/early week and have not been feeling well. Did not follow program all week last week. Just was in a "funk." I will use my summer vacation pass for the meeting I missed last night. Did not even feel like going. Did I say I was in a "funk?" My home scale says I weigh the same. That should be about right. I did not do bad even though I did not count points.

My workouts have been slim to none too. I have been very dizzy and light headed. I am going to the doctor tomorrow.

Oh, welcome to any new people who I have not welcomed since I fell off radar (early last week?).

Paige, I know just what you mean with the spin class. I too have done them at my gym. I LOVE them!!! It took about 3 or four classes every other day to get used to the seat. I had black and blue marks on my inner thighs. I could not believe it. That is hands down the best work out I have done at the gym. I just got a hear rate watch. I can't wait to take the class while wearing it. My work out buddy has a hip issue and has not been able to cycle lately. Our schedules are getting a bit strange. I think I will have two days a week without her there. I will cycle on those days. Congrats on the working out.

Jennifer, my fingers are crossed for you. I hope you hit the hundreds this week. It is a fantastic mile stone and will encourage you on with excitement. Keep going! You can do it!

Well, I am not posting food today either. I did not track points but have done ok. I hope to be back to normal tomorrow (food wise).

Paula, you should look on a map and see how far you have "ridden" your bike. I bet you are headed across the country.

I also must thank whoever made the comment about the heat. I, being born and raised in Arizona have not been able to understand why there is such news coverage about the "heat wave." How in the heck is it crazy to have temps at 100 and 103? Well, no air conditioning. Now I get it!! Anything over 90 gets nuts without AC. We get real close to 120 pretty often in the summer, but everyone has AC. All retail stores, homes, cars. It is easy to stay cool. We are only warm when walking to the car. We all pretty much stay inside. When the sun goes down, we are lucky to get to 100.

Bye for now........Amy
Old 08-03-2006, 07:56 AM   #959  

Amy-Sorry you aren't feeling well! I had mentioned this to someone else...are you drinking enough water? I really had a problem with dehydration this summer; my symptoms sounded like yours. Feeling in a funk, like I'm not all there, soooooo dizzy and lightheaded, incredibly tired. I was starting to have a lot of confusion and memory loss (parts of the day would just be blank...there was one day when dh said he spoke with me earlier in the day, and I don't remember speaking with him.) I did some research and found out that dehydration can cause those symptoms. I have been drinking at least
a gallon and a half of water a day, and all those symptoms disappeared! The same thing happened to me last summer, but I never realized what it was. The dr ran so many stinkin tests on me and couldn't find anything. She said she thought it was stress and put me on antidepressants, which didn't do anything but mess up my cycle.

Just an FYI incase your dr doesn't find anything (these symptoms can also be related to blood sugar.)
Old 08-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #960  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Breakfast: Oatbran cereal and coffee (3)
Lunch: ? noddle stuff (4), watermelon (1), 2 very small cookies (1)
10 points so far

Dinner: ?

No plans yet today. I walked 2 miles (1 with kids, 1 without)

Last edited by morrigan; 08-03-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Closed Thread