Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:39 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalosister1
I am having the corn flake baked chicken with red potatoes and a salad.

This sounds good..can I get the receipe? Thanks!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:00 AM   #197  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Sure, you can get the recipe. I will post tomorrow as I have a rageing headache and am tired. Dinner went very well. I have a food find to share with you tomorrow too.

dinner

baked chicken 5
oven roasted potatoes 3
salad dressing 1

cinnamon twists 2
bites of some potatoe 2

I am under points for today if I added in my excersize points. Wahoo!!! One FULL day back on program. I wish you guys could hear my happiness. Until tomorrow...........--Amy
Old 04-27-2006, 12:31 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Can I get back on your wagon, Amy?
Old 04-27-2006, 09:36 AM   #199  

Good morning. Ok...here's to day two of us being back on the wagon. I stayed under points yesterday....AND I actually journaled them. That's a big improvement right there.

GOOD VIBES to us all to stay on the wagon

Here's what I've had so far:

Breakfast:
10 oz water - 0 pt
2 slices whole wheat toast - 2 pts
1 Tbsp lite spread - 1 pt
12 oz water - 0 pt

currently working on 12 oz water....

So far 3pts used.....
Old 04-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #200  
Amy

Thumbs up

Good morning everyone! Hope you are all having a good day. I am. I have to say that being back on program (100%) improves my mood by 150%. That there is reason enough to get right back on after we have our bad day, week, or even month.

This morning I had for breakfast my malt-o-meal. 3 pts for this. I did not go to the gym because my work out buddy was not going. Funny how that works. BUT, instead of going shopping or doing nothing productive (or maybe even eating), I mowed my front yard. My hubby has been very busy and has not been able to get to it. As of last night, he has by sister's car torn down in the gargage for a brake job. So, wasn't looking like he was going to be getting to it any time soon. It was great exercise so I don't mind that I did not go to the gym.

I am watching a friends kids at 1:00 today. As a result I am waiting to eat lunch with her kids here. I am having the Hebrew international 97% ff hot dogs (1pt each) on 1 pt wonder light buns. I also bought some baked chips (kettle style not lays). I will have one point or two points worth of those.

I will be at 9 points after lunch. No, because I did just have a snack of 8 soy crisps and some carrots and cauliflower from some so hot mix. So that will be 10 points.

I am making a cheesy chicken recipe in the crockpot today because it is tee ball practice again. I have gotten a few recipes from www.aimeesadventures.com. You all may want to take a look.

Here is the recipe for the chicken.........

Southern Oven Fried Chicken

1C Corn flakes, crushed
1/3C flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper (I used a pinch of flakes and it gave it a bit of a bite)
2 egg whites, slightly beaten
1/4 cup skim milk (I added about 1/4 tsp vinegar to make it like buttermilk)
2 lbs. skinless chicken breast

Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix egg whites and milk in small bowl. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with butter flavored cooking spray. Dip chicken into egg mixture and coat with dry mixture. Place on cookie sheet, and spray with more cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip pieces and spray with more cooking spray. Continue baking for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Serves: 8 at 3pt per serving.

This was great.

I also took baby red potatoes and quartered them. Tossed them in a bit of olive oil (good way to get some healthy oil in) and springkled with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Bake at 400 for about 40 minutes. They are GREAT!!!

Oh, and here is my food find I mentioned last night.

Barry's Bakery French twists. They are so good. Only problem is, it is hard to eat just one. So, be careful. I got original flavor (cinnamon and sugar). They have other flavors as well. Only one point per twist. I bought them at Safeway (regular store). Have also seen them at Henry's market and other "farmer's" markets.

Will update after dinner or later this afternoon. Have a great day! JUMP on the wagon Morrigan. It feels good up here girl!!

Lunch is over. I have stuck to the plan so far. I have dinner in the crockpot and will let you guys know if this chicken turns out as well as last nights.

Last edited by buffalosister1; 04-27-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #201  

This is my 3rd day back on WW. I was doing WW a few months ago and doing very well at the time. I'm so glad to be back and I love this message board!
So far I have lost 3 lbs. I have posted in a few other areas and I'm still trying to figure my way around the forum.

I'm a SAHM during the week and work Fri and Sat nights 7p-7a. I homeschool my 13 year old daughter plus chase around my 18 month old son. I have a wonderful supporitive husband who is retiring from the Navy in December!

I look forward to reading more of the post here.

Christy
Old 04-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Christy!!

Buffalosister1, that recipe sounds wonderful! Thanks for posting it!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:55 PM   #203  

Welcome Christy! I work every other day and have summers off (teach 1/2 time). Actually - I am on the downward stretch 1,2,3,2,2,2,3,1 are the days left per week I have to work until summer break on June 14th. So, considering their are 7 days in a week I am mostly a SAHM. My parents, DH, and grandparents, watch the kids when I am working.

I am doing OK so far today - except for eating 2 south beach diet bars. I love the things, I could eat a whole box. 140 cal and 10g of protien + 2 fiber in 1 bar. They are just 3 points.

Breakfast: oatbran with berries (4), creamer (1)
Lunch: sashimi (fancy word for raw fish) (2)
Snack: Apple (1)
Snack: 2 South Beach bars (6)

10 points left for the day - it is gorgeous today

cottage cheese (4) and crackers (1)

I need to do something about shorting my points before dinner, because I always end up eating dinner anyway.

8 point dinner (chicken, salad, croutons, olive oil)

27 points for the day.

Last edited by morrigan; 04-27-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #204  
Amy

Hello Christy and welcome! Hope you find some support here. I sure have. Just one quick unrelated question.........Since the birth of my nephew (4/18/06) I have been pondering the career of a labor and delivery nurse. I only have my associates degree at this time plus a bunch of extra lower division credits on top of that. How much schooling (full time) would be needed to become a nurse in labor and delivery? Any info and/or info is greatly appreciated. --Amy
Old 04-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #205  

A friend of mine has a BA in nursing and that is what she specializes in. She went to Washington State University's program in Spokane, WA. She worked in a few other nursing areas before settling on labor and delivery. Now she is a SAHM, but she will probably go back to work when the kids are a little older. Her DH is in Med school, I don't know how they get by in Seattle on just one residents salary.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:37 PM   #206  

Hello, Ladies!

Christy, welcome. Don't you just love working 7p-7a...I did. I must say I'm a night owl so that's always been my favorite schedule. You won't believe this but I've thought about going into nursing too. After looking at the program here in Lubbock, I realized it would take me 3 years to become a RN with an associate degree. I could go to school for 4 and get my BA in nursing OR I could go for 4 years and become a Physician Assistant with a Masters. I've decided to do that. Besides my ex-husband is a nurse and he's the type to think I become a nurse because of him. PLUS...when I do my residency in year 4 I'll be at the same hospital that he works at....wouldn't it be nice to see him and casually mention I'm a PA. Ok...i'm done...Sorry I went off topic like that but thanks for listening, it'd make more sence if you knew my ex

Day 2 of being back on the wagon has been good. With 3pts for breakfast here's how the rest of the day played out:

Lunch:
Subway turkey sandwich - 5 pts
baked lays chips - 3 pts
32 oz dt coke - 1 pts

Afternoon snack:
FF popcorn - 1 pt
12 oz water - 0 pt

Dinner:
2 slices whole wheat toast - 2 pts
1/2 cup tuna salad - 3 pts
prezels - 3 pts
apple - 1 pt
12 oz water - 0pt

Evening snack (planning):
orange - 1 pt
12 oz water - 0 pt

Total points used for day = 23 out of 24 allowed
YEA...I stayed on points !!!

Amy...glad to hear you're having a good day too....I agree...being back on the wagon is a great feeling. And thanks for posting the receipe. It sounds good and I can't wait to try it. I'm gonna check out the link it. I'm so tired of eating the same old stuff. I need a change. lol

Morrigan...I'm having the same problem with points for dinner to. I usually go over when I eat dinner...even if I plan it so I don't....at a loss as to what to do....
Old 04-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #207  

OK - I am no longer whining. But doing what we are supposed to - sharing ideas.

I have totally prevented my predinner snack fest be cooking an artichoke (which I love) and eating it before dinner. Now this won't work as a dieting technique if you serve each piece dunked in mayo like my family does, but if you can skip the mayo (or garlic butter) and just enjoy the thistle, it is a really yummy treat for ZERO POINTS! 1 artichoke as about 60 calories

Oh, and, if you don't live way north like me, they are beautiful plants and you can steam the baby ones whole - which is so much better than store bought. And they can live in your flower garden rather than you veggie garden. If I lived in CA or TX my yard would be full of artichoke plants, avacado trees, almond trees, fig trees, dates, oranges... there are a lot of yummy things out their that don't make it up here.

Quote:
Nutrition
The ancients considered artichokes to have many benefits. Artichokes, including leaves, were thought to be an aphrodisiac, a diuretic, a breath freshener and even a deodorant. Decoctions of artichoke leaves have been used as blood cleansers, cholerics, to improve bile production and secretion and to detox the liver and the skin.

The new, to this era, information about phytochemicals contained in vegetables and fruits is confirming some of these ancient claims. Research is now underway to determine the phytochemicals in artichokes, and work continues to define the role these phytochemicals play in maintaining good health and preventing disease.

Current research is showing benefits to the liver from cynarin, a compound found in the artichoke's leaves. Silymarin is another compound found in artichokes that has powerful anitoxidant properties and may help the liver regenerate healthy tissue.

Artichokes are nutrient dense, so, for the 25 calories in a medium artichoke, you're getting 16 essential nutrients!

Artichokes provide the important minerals magnesium, chromium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, iron and calcium. For example, that 25 calorie artichoke provides 6% of the Recommended Daily Value of phosphorus, 10% of magnesium, 8% of manganese, 10% of chromium, 5% of potassium, 4% of iron and 2% of calcium and iron.

In addition to all these important minerals, artichokes are a good source of fiber (12% of the RDV), vitamin C (10% of the RDV), and folate (10% of the RDV).

Artichokes are low in calories and sodium, have no fat and no cholesterol.

All this means that artichokes, as a part of a low-fat, high-fiber diet, can help reduce the risk of certain types of heart disease, cancers and birth defects.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Yum! It sounds wonderful!

Unfortunately, it won't work for me, either, because I'm MUCH further North than you! LOL! Here in Alaska it's hard to get fresh, wonderful produce for the majority of the year. If I see any, though, I'll definitely check them out.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:47 PM   #209  
Amy

Default not so good chicken

Ok, the evening is drawing to an end. Here is how I ended up........

snack

carrot sticks in 1pt dressing

dinner

the cheesy chicken off of the above mentioned website. It was ok. But, nothing to brag about. I just have to make crock pot or super quick meals three times a week due to Tee ball, WW, and dance. So, I ate my 5pts.
2 helpings of salad with dressing 2pts
steamed broccoli (with sauce from the chicken) 0

I have 5 points left and will have a sugar free pudding with ff cool whip. I am so looking forward to that.

Morrigan............UGH! I know the issue with in-laws. Glad you have a bigger back bone than I. I can't ever say anything. Then, I get so pissed, that I end up just being rude and treating mine like scum. No advice for ya, but did not mind "listening" at all. I am sure I will take a turn some time.

I am going to mention the nursing thing to my husband tonight. Anyone know what the pay is for a PA or an RN???? I know it is different from state to state, but I just need an idea. I could go back into banking with little or no more schooling for about 50 or 60 a year. Don't really want to though. Been through one too many robberies.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

---Amy
Old 04-28-2006, 12:09 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 224/214/140

I have been offline for awhile and not counting my points and journaling. Have doing this for 4 days and am back on track. Some new people on now and don't see some of the old group. I will am looking forward to reading your posts to encourage me each day.
Closed Thread