Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 11:57 PM   #136  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

One last entry before I sign off for the night. We did end up going out to dinner. Proof that my lack of planning is planning to fail. Went to a very popular barbeque place. I got a HUGE baked potatoe with a bit of butter and cheese and some white meat turkey. I ate half of it. I would bet it to be about 13 pts. Not too bad except for the fact that I had 4 pts in snack this afternoon. I had a pudding, string cheese, and oreo crisps. I weigh in tomorrow. We will see.

Welcome Carrieann. Hope you find food ideas as well as accountability on this thread. Hope you all have a great evening and morning. ---Amy
Old 04-11-2006, 10:32 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I had a crazy day yesterday. It was the first day back to school after spring break. We had spent an extra day skiing, so I drove down from the hotel at the ski area to work, but realized I didn't have a nice enough outfit for my meeting after school, so I had to run home. By the time I made it to work I had missed breakfast. I went to run to weigh in at lunch and when I got to the parking lot, my battery was dead (I hope it is the battery). So I hoofed it to the other end of campus and borrowed my cousin's husband's car (he teaches history), ran to WW, weighed in and was down 2.4 lbs . When I got back I wolfed down a small salad. After school my dad came and rescued me, but then I had to go back to school and get stuff together for the meeting. On my way back (now using my mom's car), I got a phone call from a parent who wanted me to extend the scholarship deadline for his kid and proceeded to yell at me (I don't care about kids, I don't do my job, the deadline wasn't clear.....) until I hung up on him. I scrounged through my computer and found an email that I had sent to his son a month ago with the application attached AND a reminder email I had sent his son a week before the deadline... had to bring that to the meeting, because he called the chairman of the board DURING the meeting to complain that his son had not been giving a chance.

I got there, with 57 scholarship applications to go through. The normal old guys arguing that we shouldn't give scholarships to the small schools because their kids aren't as (whatever) as the big school in town. I went to order dinner and the restuarant was closed. 9:15 pm, made it back to my parents and wolf down a few taco's. I ended up with only 14 points for the day.

Then - car is still dead. So we left my mom carless and didn't make it home with the kids till 10pm.

"Momma said there'll be days like this, there'll be days like this my momma said, ..."

I did get a nice message from my cousin (the history teacher) who said if I needed a ride or to borrow his car again, just call.

Last edited by morrigan; 04-11-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #138  

Today - oatmeal with blueberries, coffee with whole milk (4)

I am making some veggie soup (Yeah!)

Lunch McDonalds chicken salad (5)

Snack; 2 (yikes) Cliff Bars (7)

16 points so far today

oops + a latte (3)

19 points

dinner: chicken(6), dressing (2), Bread (2), candy (1)

30 point day, not good

Last edited by morrigan; 04-11-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Today is my 2nd weigh-in. I go at 9:30 so I don't plan on eating anything and drinking very little before I go.

Why does this make me so nervous?
Old 04-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Morrigan, sorry to hear you had the day from you know where yesterday. I felt like I had that day most of last week so I give you good vibes that it'll be better today

Good vibes to you too Snowgal Don't worry...you'll do fine.

I've done pretty good yesterday and today. Had two points left over yesterday that I just couldn't make myself eat. I just wasn't hungry after class last night (which is weird). I had to make myself eat what little i did.

Today I've had:
12 oz water 0pt
whole wheat bread (2slices), toasted 2 pts
Smart Balance Spread (1tbsp) 1 pt
WW Smoothie 1 pt
16 oz water 0 pt
Orange (large) 2 pts
Broccoli 0 pt
salsbury steak & mashed potatoes (frozen) 4 pts
2% cheese (2 slices) 2 pts
12 oz water 0 pts

- 12 pts.

Not sure yet about dinner....Ladies Bible Study is tonight. Always too much food Wish me luck.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #141  

Had my 2nd week weigh-in this morning. I didn't do as good as I did last week. I only lost 2.6 lbs. I really thought I would have lost more than that. I'm starting week 3 so they have given me the activity tracker, but I don't know if I should add in those points as I'm not losing very well anyway. I work out 5 days a week at Curves and until now haven't added any activity points into my daily points.

Didn't eat before the weigh in, and then I had to work out and go grocery shopping, so I didn't even get to eat until around noon.

This is what I've had today so far:

salmon oil tablets - 2pts
Thomas whole wheat muffin with 1 piece of cheese, butter spread and one egg - 7pts
Banana - 2pts

I'm still hungry and I only have 11 points left for the whole day.

I lost weight, I should be happy! So why do I feel so down?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #142  

Snowgal - 2.6 pounds is GREAT...definately something you should not be disappointed in...you could have gained 2.6 pounds

I have read in several places that eating the activity points you've earned can actually help you lose weight. If your body is trained to know that those calories are not going to be replaced then it will stop burning and your metabolism will go down. Have you read the sticky at the top of the forum - the Wendie plan? I totally believe in that...before I even read it. There is documentation everywhere that your body learns what it will be fed and then act accordingly.

Keep up the good work!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #143  

I forgot my tracker at work today so I am kinda going by memory:

English Muffin and 1/2oz cream cheese = 2pts
WW Smoothie = 1pt
Ritz 100 cal snack pack = 2pts
Healthy Choice lunch = 6 pts
Special K snack bites = 2pts
Salad w/dressing = 2pts
Turkey burgers (posted recipe) w/cheese & bun = 8pts
WW Mini cake = 1 pt

24 points - right on target!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #144  

Thanks Carrieann! I know I should be happy. I need to get out of this funk!

Good job on your eating today!! You did great sticking to your points!
Old 04-12-2006, 11:08 AM   #145  

2.6 lbs per week would mean 2.6*54 = 140.4 lbs in a year.

Now you don't actually weigh enough that we could afford to lose all of you
Old 04-12-2006, 11:35 AM   #146  

Default 4/12/06 - Tuesday

Breakfast: Oatmeal with blueberries. I bought some splenda brown sugar (which is regular brown suger mixed with splenda, but nearly insignificant calories)... and I really like it on my oatmeal. I only use about 1/2 tsp, but it makes all the difference. (3)

Lunch: Garlic and Herb Tofu (4) over Salad (0) with dressing (1)

As soon as I finish my coffee - I am headed to buy a water bottle.

Snack: cliff bar (4), cheese (1), grapes (1)

14 points so far today.

More cheese (4), crackers (2) - blew my points left for a big dinner.

20 points so far.

Good News: My pants that were tight (didn't fit) when I started are now loose!

wine (5)
chicken (4)
Salad (0)

29 points for the day

Last edited by morrigan; 04-12-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #147  

Here's mine so far today:

1/2 of a 1% milk latte - 2pts
Bowl of Weight Control Oatmeal - 3pts
2 Salmon Oil tablets - 2pts.

7 pts. so far today. I've gone to Curves and did my workout. I have a doctor appt. at 11:45, so I'm not sure what I'll have for lunch or when I'll have it yet.

I SOOOOOO don't feel like doing the whole WW thing today! I need to get out of this funk. I should be happy that I'm losing. <sigh>
Old 04-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #148  

Oh man did I catch a wicked sore throat There's also a cold that came with it but this sore throat is unbelievable...well, the point to telling you this is that I must have drank about 200oz of water to try to make it feel better

Todays menu:

Breakfast = 1C smart Start & 1 cup 1% milk = 4pts
Lunch = PB&J sandwich (so yummy) = 7pts
snack = 1/2c grapes = .5pt

Dinner = Chipotle = 13pts (veggie bol, no beans)
and I also grabbed 8 of my moms french fries (I couldn't resist but still stuck with moderation ) = so I don't know what that would count as...maybe 2 points just to be safe?

Total = 26.5 (those fries put me over the top but it was worth it )
Old 04-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #149  

OK - my mother "dropped off" a costco sized container of pop tarts 'for the kids'. I am alternating between throwing them away (because my kids shouldn't be eating that kind of junk either) or just returning them to my parents house so they can be eaten there.

We have been having some go rounds about kid food. I haven't been very aggressive about it, but when my cousin Christina comes over and mom whips out the candy/pop/chocolate/non-organic whatever, Chris lays down the law. Jane (1.5) has never had chocolate, Jane is not allowed caffeine, Jane does not drink regular milk, etc.. The thing is, it feels more real coming from Chris, since she does not eat candy/chocolate/caffeine/meat/anything not organic and she is 4'11 and weighs 95lbs. The only time she broke 100 in her life was when she was pregnant. When I try to have the same standards it comes off more as criticising my parents. Lately, I just keep saying I want my kids to be healthy, like Jane.

Today is Thursday and I am home with the kids - and sneezing at everything, I think allergy season is upon us.

Breakfast: oatmeal with berries (3) and coffee (1)
Lunch: Chicken Soup with beans - 2 bowls - (8)
Wine: (4)

16 points so far today and slightly tipsy - my grandma took the kids and I am cleaning house with loud music. I decided to swap out my coffee creamer for wine since my cholesterol is high. The original intention was a glass of wine with dinner, but it was nice with lunch.

Have to change the wine to (2), the first glass made me so tipsy I never made it to the second. But then ate I had another bowl of soup (3), and Wil's soup (3), and Anna's soup(3) and went crazy with crackers (4) and so end up at 27 + strawberries (1) - so 28 points and not even to dinner yet.

Had a couple bites of chicken (2), some roasted zuccini and olive oil (1) a 1/2 pop tart (2) and milk (1)

34 points for the day

Last edited by morrigan; 04-13-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:34 PM   #150  

That is quite the sticky situation you have there Morrigan!

My parents love to "spoil" the kids to no end when they go to their house, at first I fought it but now I just let it go. My kids have learned that they only get all those goodies and grandma and grandpas house and they don't even ask for it anywhere else.

It was funny, one time to prove a point to my dad when we were visiting one weekend I called my son into the kitchen. I had in my hands a plate with cucumbers and a plate with chips on it - I said OK Danny which one do you want for a snack......and he took the cucumbers!

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that YOU ultimately teach them what is good and bad because you are around them the most...everything else is just "goodies"

By the way, Christina's little ones will be eating the "bad" stuff once they get in school anyways...all it takes is one taste!
Closed Thread