Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 02:50 PM   #31  

Thats what i had last night 2 lemon ones! they are so good. Plus for me i was so excited to be able to buy those and the chocolate muffins due to peanut allergies i dont buy anything that says may conatin peanuts or nuts.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #32  

Thumbs up Valentine's Day

I am setting a goal for myself for V-Day!!!!! 12lbs!!!!! Im going to keep it low dont want to set myself up for a disappointment. I just started back to ww. I lost 34lbs last year, so I know its doable. So its time to kick it into high gear, I will make goal by this time next year.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #33  

I am new here and started ww at home on Monday. I am so excited to find a place to participate since the meetings nearby are no longer in session. I will be trying to do this on my own. I know that I can. WW has been successful for me in the past. I am setting a goal of 15lbs. by Valentine's Day. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2006, 11:39 AM   #34  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!!! I'm sure I was in on this challenge but with company arriving for Christmas,.....I never got a chance to post. So the car just pulled away with my inlaws.....SO I'M BACK!!!! geez, I really missed popping in on this site. It was my daily fix...LOL. Those ww's cakes are awesome, my fave is the carrot cake!! yum yum. I can't have them as a staple in my pantry though, just can't have one! How is everyone's day going? I'm hoping to hit the gym after the whirlwind cleanup job and mega laundry today. Company is great, but nothing is as great as having your house back to normal.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'8

Hi girls can't wait to weigh in on monday I have been doing very good and have worked out ever day! my sweat pants fell off of me the other day WooWoo Here I come pretty dress!
Old 01-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #36  

I would love to join this challenge - I am fairly new here, but I will set my goal at 6 pounds for now. I would love to lose more, but I am pretty sure this is a reasonable goal for me to shoot for. I do weight watchers on my own (would love to join but we are straining with finances right now so it isn't doable) and weigh in on Wednesday. Currently I am focusing on exercise and watching portion size.

Good luck everyone!
Old 01-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #37  

hildy yeah for the pants falling down

did anyone see biggest loser last night? the one mother weighed the same as me 197 lbs and look at her now a mere 5 months later! wow.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Yay Hildy!!

I'm weighing in tomorrow morning but don't think the scale will be in my favor. I'm a daily scale stepper and its been going up all week. I've stayed in my points, drank tons of water, but it won't come back down. It was lower on Monday than today. I can't understand it.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbabe
hildy yeah for the pants falling down

did anyone see biggest loser last night? the one mother weighed the same as me 197 lbs and look at her now a mere 5 months later! wow.
I saw it but I can't believe how much they lost. Its crazy. I would love to know exactly what they eat and how they exercise daily. I know I am no where near as diligent as those people.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

What does everyone else do for exercise and activity points? I need to hit the treadmill today and been putting it off. It helps to know other people exercise, too. OK, I better get going. Enough procrastination.

I missed the ending to Big Fat Loser. Which family won?
Dena
Old 01-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #41  

jackii I too am a everyday scale stepper, I need to break out of that habit.
I have gained 15 lbs since November, yes 15 lbs, while stepping onthe scale everyday. Like why do I bother if i didnt do anythng about it. However, this week I did not see any weight loss yet either and I havebeen doing something. And yes Logically I know I have only been doing this since Monday and Ishould not weigh myself everyday or expevt to see the scale down 10lbs in one day but I cant help myself.

Dena, I dont remember the families names,but the white family won. I was surprised at how much weight that mom lost. she was I believe in the `150's from 232

They work out for hours everyday. Did you see what the daughter said inher interview with the navy lady? she told her she has been working out for (i think) 3 hours every morning. that is insane I dont have that kind of time, ok I do ,I am a stay at home mom,but that would mean neglecting my 3yr old and the house. And no i am not waking up 3:30 in themorning so i can workout for 3 hours and beshowered and ready to get older kids up and ready for school. Plus I am too damn lazy. Guess I have ot chnage that mindset

I have the biggest winner fontside and backside dvd by Jillian. I just got it and I did the frontside on tuesday. It is hard, sheis nonstop no breaks and your heart rate is high the whole time. I rode the bike yesterday for 1/2 hour in the am and half hour at night.

what do you guys do?
Old 01-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #42  

Default New here

i would love to join the valentine's day challenge, my 27th wedding anniversary is feb.10 and i would love to be at least 10 lbs lighter. I am doing the program from home so since i can't go any meeting around here. so i need all the help i can get. thanks.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #43  

Location: In the great state of Iowa long the Mississippi River

S/C/G: 285.0/285/180.0

Height: 5'10

Hi!! I am new to the ww board and i would love to join the Valentine's Day challenge. I cannot afford to attend the WW meeting so I am following from my home and my weigh ins are on Tuesdays. I have set my goal for 14lbs. I feel that is possible. I really need to keep up on the exercise since that is an area that I can find reasons to avoid. What does every one else do to keep themselves exercising??? Any ideas would help..
Lori : )
Old 01-05-2006, 10:25 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbabe
jackii I too am a everyday scale stepper, I need to break out of that habit.
I have gained 15 lbs since November, yes 15 lbs, while stepping onthe scale everyday. Like why do I bother if i didnt do anythng about it. However, this week I did not see any weight loss yet either and I havebeen doing something. And yes Logically I know I have only been doing this since Monday and Ishould not weigh myself everyday or expevt to see the scale down 10lbs in one day but I cant help myself.

I gained 12 pounds since October 31st, so I know how you feel. I however didn't even have batteries in my scale so I wasn't keeping track. I'm figuring my bad eating is still catching up to me and hoping my body will jerk iteself into weight loss mode soon and I'll see a big drop. (yeah, right)

I'm a stay at home mom as well. The treadmill is in the basement, I pay the gym monthly but don't do much for exercise. My husband told me he'll buy me the new WW scale that measures body fat and how hydrated you are if I work out at the gym 8 days out of the next 14. That's do able.

However, I have been strength training for 2 days this week so far. I bought the book The Strength Training Bible for Women. Seems to be a good book. I just need to get some cardio going!!! Maybe next week so I can get my scale.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Well, I've been good for 4 days straight. It seems like a year. LOL That scale better show a loss! That's all I can say. For exercise today I did a Richard Simmons video and went on the treadmill for a half hour.

Jaaaacki, I hope you get your scale. We're rooting for you.

Bbbabe, great job on the exercise.

It sure is motivating to see everyone wotking at it.
Dena
Closed Thread