Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 09:09 PM   #1  

Unhappy I am sooooooo depressed!!

Ever since I became a Lifetime Member, I have gained 3 weeks in a row and I was doing so well And I go to my weekly Weight Watchers class tomorrow, I am free this month but I cant lose at least 6 pounds before December to be free again!!!

Lisa
Old 11-25-2005, 09:44 PM   #2  
banned

maybe the fact your 'over' will be incentive for you to re-eval your program. im also a lfm and ive had to pay 1-2 times and iots an eye opener
Old 11-25-2005, 09:50 PM   #3  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

My leader has been mentioning thaht when we get on the maintence plan,she gives us extra points and if we gain,she will take them away.Do you get extra points on lifetime?Are you going over points at all?Exercising?
Old 11-25-2005, 10:24 PM   #4  
banned

hi,
my leader says everyones different as far as how much food so you just have to work w her on gettin your number

im back in the loss stage bc i regained alot(have also currently relost alot of the gain) i exercise every day
Old 11-26-2005, 07:58 PM   #5  

Thanks for responding. It has been so hard, before I got to Maintenance, I was having 22 points a day and losing a little, not much but some, I didnt want to lose too much at once, then I was under a lot of stress at work, and when I am under stress, I quit eating, I told my leader and she upped my points each week till it was 26 points a day and i was still losing. I kept telling her, I am not eating, I am too stressed out. Now my job has changed and I am relaxed at ease and eating but now the holidays have hit and ever since Halloween I have gained. I am trying to remember what it was I was eating or doing besides stress which I dont want anymore that might help me get back on track. I dont exercise much, just walk and with this new position, I am not walking as much, now at computer more so I am trying to not have fatty foods and today at Weight Watchers I gained another 2 pounds. Today I fixed me a salad, first time in a long time, thinking that might jump start or help me get back by having something different. But I do appreciate you people responding to me.

Thanks,
Lisa
Old 11-26-2005, 10:39 PM   #6  
banned

lisa:
in some ways i can relate although not to not eating. im the opposite. you must eat to lose and stay in control. i do hope things get better for you. sorry bout the 2 lbs. i gained 1/4 lb and i sawear i think weare the only ones on 3 fc who did!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:31 AM   #7  

Lisa, I am a lifetime member and once I hit maintenance my biggest problem was the incentive to stay with it seemed to be lost. I stopped going to meetings, figured I had been successful and that was that, I no longer "needed" WW. I was wrong. I sit here typing this and am heavier than I have ever been before. I just went back to WW yesterday and gained even more weight. My answer for myself is to live with this program for life and not let go of the tools that ww has given me to succeed.
I truly WANT to do it, but I get lazy and lapse back into my old habits so easily.
I'll try to help you. Get out your journal, get back on your weight loss efforts as if you never reached lifetime and stick with it. Don't give up!
Linda
Old 12-01-2005, 10:38 AM   #8  
banned

awesome advice dd! i too gave up on meetings first time round when i hit goal....thats where i went wrong!
Old 12-01-2005, 03:28 PM   #9  

Maybe many of us just don't LEARN? At least that is it for me. Had I stayed going to the meetings and paid attention, I would not be sitting here with clothing that feels so tight I can barely breath. I need to focus on what is important. If I have a tendancy to gain weight, so much so that it made me go to WW in the first place, what makes me think that I can go it on my own and go back to "life" and it will all go away and I will never regain my weight?
I need that program. I don't care if I have to pay at meetings or not, that is not important to me right now. What I do care about is to make a committment to myself and do something for ME that I can live with.
Good luck to all!
Linda
Old 12-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #10  
banned

couldnve said it better myself!
Old 12-04-2005, 02:33 PM   #11  

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. I went to weigh in yesterday at Weight Watchers, after a long spell of gaining, I finally lost 5.8 pounds. I havent changed my eating that much but I did change a little of my work pattern. I was sitting and transferring cases on the computer for two hours, then would go pull them and put them in the mail. Last week, I tried something different. I transferred a case and pulled it and put in the mail and continued that till 12:00 or when I was through. That meant more activitiy so maybe that was one thing that put me back on track. But I know I have to continue to go to the meetings, its accountabilty for myself, not for the people at work or at the meeting place. I have to do it for myself and I have to know what I am weighing in at each week so even though I only have to weigh in once a month recorde, i weigh every week for myself, thats why I was so depressed, i was writing the stuff down and weighing in each week but it might of been the walking less that was the problem. I am going to stay doing as much walking as I can, to see if that helps get me back. I am back at my goal weight but would personally like to get down to 150, they set it at 155 at weight watchers. But since it takes me very long to lose, I dont anticipate getting to 150 until at least spring. Again, thanks all for the encouragment.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:26 AM   #12  

Cowgirl! Congrats on the weight loss and I knew you could do it if you put your mind to it. Sometimes that is ALL it takes! Stepping up on your activity was a very good idea.
Great news for you! I have a weigh in tomorrow. I feel good about it so far!
Linda
Closed Thread