Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 05:22 AM   #166  

Dawny! That dress will surely look great on you. A few sit-ups (crunches or whatever you call them) are in order, start with just 10 a day a build to up to about 25 or 30 before next Friday, that will tone you in the area you are so worried about.
As for me, I slacked off a bit yesteray, I didn't even finish journalling for the day. That doesn't mean I am getting back into my slothlike habits, just had a VERY busy day and I wasn't feeling all that well. I'm doing this spinal back and neck aching thing with headaches. I just think it's possibly cold weather and just being too busy, overall. I even tried to lay down and take a nap for awhile in the afternoon, but I felt to guilty about that and after a few moments, I got right back up again and starting getting my stuff done.
Today is a realy "big" day for my daughter and I. We made a committment to go to the nursing home that my dad died at and she will be singing for the patients there. Her boyfriend (her accompanist) will also come along and play some classical music, accompany her on some pieces, and they will sing a duet together of some music from Phantom of the Opera. I hope they are well received.
By the way, Jamie got the lead (Christine) in Phantom of the Opera at our local performing arts center, I am SO very proud of her. She has an outstanding singing voice.
I shall have to sew her a fabulous costume! It will keep my hands busy so they will be out of the cookie jar!
Linda
Old 12-08-2005, 01:37 PM   #167  

Hey Ladies, I hope everything is going well for everyone. Well, I did lose 1lb last week for my weigh in. I have been doing great all week. Staying in my points, drinking tons of water, exercise. So I decided to sneak a peek on the scale and it said I was up 2lbs. What is going on with me. Today I am going to do my low point range and hope that helps. I dont know if TOM is coming and that's all it is I hope. So much for the 3lbs I wanted gone this week, but Im not giving up
Old 12-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #168  
Eat well, Live well

Awesome job, Linda!
Keep it up!

Oh, WI is tonight, and I don't think it will be my finest hour. So far, I am pretty much maintaining (down 0.5) despite all the Christmas goodies, so I guess I'm doing alright. I still wanted to get closer to my goal by Christmas, tho.

My M-in-Law is coming for Christmas, and she doesn't know that me and DH were on WW, so she will be SURPRISED! Can't wait to see the look on her face.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:02 AM   #169  

Anna, sometimes the scale just doesn't cooperate even if you do everything right.... the weight will come of it you keep up the good work, but it sometimes is the most confusing thing.
Allie, what a nice Christmas surprise you will have for your MIL especially if your husband has also lost as much as you have! Way to go girl!
I had a "bad" day yesterday. I was not home all day and ate out for all my meals. I tried to be reasonable and then all _____ broke lose and I ended up out for ice cream with three other people? Today, I shal have to be extra special good and get back on target in order to salvage the week.
I will write down what I ate and count the flex points.... I am determined not to let a "bad" day get the best of me. One of the reasons I kind of lost my way before with all of this was that I would blow it on one day and lose my will to continue for the rest of that week.
So, I need to write it down, forgive myself and move on....
I will have a special "cleansing" diet of some kind today, I don't have a plan of exactly what I will eat, but it will definately be on program!
Linda
Old 12-11-2005, 06:35 AM   #170  

Where did everyone go? Not a good sign when I don't see posts from you all... are you out there holiday shopping, baking cookies?
I was not as well behaved over the last few days. I've not been home much and have been eating out a great deal, which is my usual downfall.
I don't want to regain what I worked so hard to lose.
Linda
Old 12-11-2005, 11:21 AM   #171  

Linda, im here. Just thought I would check in this morning to see what everyone is doing. I had 2 Christmas Parties to go to one on Friday and one on Sat. I was bad Friday, but made up for it on Sat. Hoping to have a great day OP today before weigh in
Old 12-12-2005, 07:07 AM   #172  

Hi there, can't stop I'm afaid, but needed to check in so you don't feel lonely, Linda!

I'm sure you won't put on what you lost last week, it was such a great loss that there's no way you'll go there again,I'm sure! Thanks for the confidence over my party dress too. I'm not so confident. One good thing I guess, if its a bit on the 'snug' side, is I will have to really hold in my stomach all night, so the posture should be good!

Oh, well, gotta go - the town awaits my credit card!!! See ya later!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:20 AM   #173  

Hello all! I’m back! And, there’s more of me! Geez, holidays and vacations together are hard on the waistband! But, I’m definitely ready to get back on track.

I’ve just skimmed through the messages, as I’m swamped at the moment. I’m definitely excited about Linda’s news! Great loss! That has got to be encouraging as you start back. Congrats! And, I’m thrilled to hear Jamie’s news. I LOVE Phantom. I know a few of the songs myself. Wanna hear ‘em… Oh, well… lucky you. You can’t hear me.

Texas was awesome. 20 hours to get there by car. We took a different route home and made it in 16, safe and sound (and still married). I truly do miss it, but maybe that’s because I wasn’t working and got to play instead! But, it is a beautiful state. I had a blast with the kids and babies. After living in a house with 5 kids for a week, I still want one of my own, so that’s a good sign.

I have mapped out my food day and blocked off 45 min for the Y. I have to try to loosen the waistband a bit before celebrating the holidays at my mother’s house this weekend! There is food galore and not much I can pass up. Honest. We’re talking shrimp creole, crab legs, lobster, chocolate cake with fruit center, need I go on! I will try to use some sense, but I just can’t pass on that smorgasbord of goodies!

Well, gotta run. Too much to catch up on. I’ll be back later!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:57 PM   #174  

Hiya, can't stop, but wanted to welcome you back from your hols Melanie. I'm sure that the waistband will be baggy again in no time at all. I can't sort of comprehend having to drive anywhere for as long as 20 hours and still be within the same country! If we were to drive that long we would probably be in the south of France - and that includes the sea crossing! It took us about 6 hours to drive to Scotland in the summer and that was quite long enough for me, thankyou very much! Even so, glad you really enjoyed yourself, get back on track now, ready for the holidays, and for the eating to really start!

Ok, gotta fly for now, back soon, take care!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:13 AM   #175  

Good morning to all (or afternoon for some!).
Good to have a few posts to read. Anna, hope you did ok.
Dawny, it must be hard to imagine how much driving one could do in the USA, it is a big country, after all. If I were a geography expert, I could probably tell you that you could probably put the UK inside of one of our states like CA or TX??? Not sure of this, but I think you are a pretty small place in comparison to our country. I have a friend who moved here from the UK and she often compares out states to countries in her mind, she says each state has it's own "flavor", much like the various countries in Europe and I suppose that is true to some degree.
Melanie, glad you are back safely and I'm sure your waist band won't be as snug very soon (or if a certain thing happens for the next 9 months or so.... that might be different). By the way, if you get pregnant you must stay in touch with us, you can report pounds/ounces gained vs. lost to us and we will understand and applaud that kind of gain for sure! You can concentrate on eating healthy with us vs. uncontrolled eating. To be sure, eating while pregnant is very different and your health and the baby's health are so important. It would be fun!
As for me, I went to my meeting yesterday and weighed in .6 lighter. I was really a bit out of control over the weekend, so even if I had a loss, I feel as if it was a gain in my head. You would think that I would have behaved after the meeting yesterday, but I had a bad afternoon. I had several places to be, a college interview with my son, Phantom of the Opera rehearsal, and an evening choral concert. I jumped from one thing to another and grabbed at a few snacks in the afternoon uncontrolled and then proceeded to eat Burger King for dinner. I ended the day using 11 flex points and feeling ashamed. Today, I am having lunch with a friend and am really worrying.
I shall check my WW materials to see if the place we are going Pizeria Uno has items listed. Perhaps I can figure out what to order ahead of time.
I think I shall hit the treadmill later on as well, perhaps.
I've been not exercising, all these holiday preparations are killing my schedule.
I think I need a pep talk, guys!
Linda
Old 12-14-2005, 09:58 AM   #176  

Just back for a quickie visit here. I just found Pizzaria Uno's menu on line and thought I'd report (not that all of you have these near you, but it was an interesting exercise) what the points are for a few items that were on their under 500 calorie section on the web!
Here are come choices that might be good:
steamed broccoli: 0 (side order)
ff vinegarette dressing: 1
Chili: 7
Onion soup: 5
Tomato soup: 3
veggie soup: 2
Cream of broccoli soup: 8
Gorgonzola and walnut salad: 6
House Salad: 1
Breadsticks: 5
Steamed Veggies: 1
Roasted Veggies: 2
BBQ grilled shrimp: 5
Tomato, mazarella and basil appetizer: 4

I think I can find some choices for lunch today and still be within my points allowance. I will stay away from the breadstick and the cream of broccoli soup as the combination is a lethal 13 points!
I don't know what the soup of the day is, but it's a very cold day here and soup is sounding really inviting. A bowl of chili with a house salad and one point dressing would be satisfying and only an 8 point lunch, not bad for eating out.
I fancy having the gorgonzola (sp?) walnut salad with the ff dressing and I could have that with the veggie soup as well and only have a 9 point lunch.
I wrote down the points on a small paper and will have it in my pocket when I have the menu in front of me. I shall try not to read the pizza and pasta choices.
I was amazed that the just chicken kind of entree ended up being tons of points due to added fat, they probably cook it in oil or butter? So, just a plain boneless chicken breast could end up being a really bad choice. Interesting.
Well, off to get some stuff done around here before my lunch plans, but nice to have checked ahead of time!
Linda
Old 12-16-2005, 05:53 AM   #177  

Exclamation

NEW THREAD TIME!!!!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70370
This old thread was getting really long and it's time to start fresh, maybe we'll get some new people to join in and maybe we'll have a fresh outlook with a brand new thread?
See you there, do not post here please!
Linda
Closed Thread