Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 06:44 PM   #1  

Default July thread for us all!

Hi guys! I guess I get to be the lucky one to start this new July thread.

Curvychick--it sounds as if you are just kicking butt and taking names with the weight loss-I'm so proud of you! Skokie is just a stone's throw away from my office in Chicago--next time I'm up there, I'll holler at you.

Dora-hope you had fun in Meridian--I saw a faint glow in your direction Mon nite; I'm sure it was the fireworks from your family! Schlitterbahn (sp?) will have to wait about 50lbs or so--I just can't do the public swimsuit thing yet. But one day we'll meet there and glop on the sunscreen and float ourselves all day!

Welcome to all the newcomers (and you lurkers too!)--even tho we all can't post as much as we'd like, we do get here eventually!

Horseback riding update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some of you may remember that my short term goal was to hit 250lbs by our Estes Park, Co vacation at the end of June. I really, really wanted to be able to ride a horse with my 10 year old son. Firstly, I'm proud to tell you that I hit that goal! Secondly, let me tell you that I NEVER NEED TO DO THAT AGAIN! My caboose was sore for 3 days afterwards; the romance of horseback riding must only happen on the beaches of Hawaii, not the mountains in Colorado. I let my son go alone on the next day's ride. Lord, my bottom hurt! And I'm pretty sure Bill the horse was OK with me not coming back!

But the important thing is that I DID IT! This short term goal thing is where it's at--gotta get me a new one! Maybe something I can do by Christmas.
I'm thinking something shiny and sparkly..........I'll have to give it some thought!

I've been OP since we got back from vacation (this past Sunday)---it's been pretty easy since I developed strep throat since we got home. Not too hard to avoid food when every swallow makes you cry like a baby. I gave in today and went to the DR and got the strep confirmation; now I have pencillin and all should be better tomorrow.

I haven't had the time to figure out the weight loss tracker thing that goes on the bottom of my emails, but I promise to do that soon.

Let us hear how you all are doing-------good or bad, it helps ALL of us to hear your story!
Old 07-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #2  

Hi,

Thekidsmom, wooo hoo You made your goal! Congrats!!! You are doing awesome. It feels so good to acomplish the mini- goals, I know they are working for me too. My next goal is to loose 50 lbs by Labor day. I am sorry to hear you are under the weather, the meds work pretty quickly, you'll wonder why you didn't get them sooner. I will be looking forward to hearing from you next time you are in Chicago.

I was good and OP today. I walked the office deposit into the bank during the day, then hit the healthclub after work and did 45 min. of sweaty cardio. I feel like a whooped puppy tonight. I think I'll hit the sheets early tonight.

Talk to you all soon,

Caroline
Old 07-08-2005, 05:43 PM   #3  

Default for cruisingmom

"Hello everyone. I've been lurking for awhile and decided to finally bite the bullet and join in. I'm a 40yr old mom of 2 boys (7&9), married to a wonderful supportive guy. Need to loose 119 lbs, joined WW yesterday and already feel like giving up. Hoping to get and give support here."

I'm so glad you've found this group! I lurked for awhile too. I'm so proud of you for joining WW! To me, the hardest moment was walking into that meeting, filling out the paperwork, assuming that everyone was looking at me thinking, "well thank GOD she's finally at Weight Watchers!". Of course no one was thinking that (otherwise they would have caught on fire, right?).

Don't give up yet--give it a few weeks--it took you a long time to gain your extra weight! The secret for me staying focused (6months now) has been short term goals (25 lbs, or riding a horse, etc). I think that's one of the reasons I haven't posted the sliding scale of my weight like everyone else. I'm afraid to see how far I have to go. As far as I am concerned right now, I'm only working on 25lbs--once I hit 225lbs, I'll re-evaluate.

Are you starting out with CORE or Flexpoints? I just can't get motivated to do the CORE--too many years of focusing on points!

Welcome to the group and hang in there!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:00 PM   #4  

Thanks for the welcome TKM, I've done WW in the past and also can't get away from counting points so that's what I'll do for now because I'm comfortable w/ it. It's true that when I look at my long term goal I cringe. I'm at the point where I'm just going to take it 1 day or 1 moment at a time. I've made a commitment to myself to stick w/ WW for 6 months No Matter What. I just felt down because of a comment that a family member made to my kids about me. I'm feeling better after reading posts. Thanks again
Old 07-08-2005, 10:17 PM   #5  

Hi cruisin,

Don't you dare let anyone put you down!!!

You can do anything you set your mind to. I've said it before, and it's held true for me every time i've started, (which has been many times,) the first week is the hardest, then after you start seeing results it gets easier. After that, every time you pass up something you know is not OP, you get stronger and it gets a bit easier.

Soon you will feel like, YES, I CAN DO THIS!!

Please don't give up. I know you can do this.

I have started many times, and this time I really want to make it to the finish line.

We can do it together.

Caroline
Old 07-09-2005, 08:42 AM   #6  

Morning everyone! So glad I found you! You guys are doing great and your stories are so inspiring! Welcome cruisingmom! I am doing WW and counting points - However..........I agree it is a pain counting points, but I think I am benefiting more because I am writing down and seeing what I eat. Also I get on here several times during the day and WOW is this a great motivation! It's like I can't wait to read the new threads and posts! Well gotta scoot for the day, I have to get ready for work! Everyone have a great weekend and see you later!

PS - Lost 11# so far.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:18 PM   #7  

Hi All,

Congrats MR2, 11 lbs. is terrific!

As I mentioned, the 4th and 5th were a bit off plan with too many points used, but I have been OP, and excercised Wed and Thurs. Tonight we are going out with my sister & brother-in-law for my birthday, which I am really looking forward to. I thought it might be possible i'll have a few too many points tonight, (greek food, my fav!) so I decided to go to the health club and do 45 min of cardio to help with any overages that may occur.

Hope you are all doing well.

Take care,

C
Old 07-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #8  

Default Happy Birthday

to you Curvy! I hope you have a great evening celebrating. I really miss the great Greek food that we could get in Chicago--Central Texas is NOT known for it's ethnic diversity!

I did 60 min of lawn mowing this morning (before it was 101 degrees!). I was so sweaty that I could have wrung out my bra when I was done........oh my TMI, huh? Regardless, I paid for the wine I had with dinner last night.

Hit Fuddruckers today for lunch with a friend and had the kids cheeseburger; alot of points, but darn well worth it-- having veggies for dinner. I've realized that I must MINIMALLY (sp?) feed my cravings--if I don't, I'll end up eating the stuff I eat INSTEAD of the desired food, as well as eventually eating the desired food too! It's less points and much less emotional trauma if I just give in (within reason) from the get go. As long as I'm counting those points and staying in range, I'm ok! I've felt much less deprivation this way and I feel like it's more of a lifestyle change that I can continue long term.

Cruising-I'm glad you are feeling better; sometimes once you just say/type your struggles, you've lightened the load.

Ram--good job on the 11# loss!
Old 07-09-2005, 11:45 PM   #9  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

I (re)joined WW today- the twist is I'm doing it online this time. It wasn't necessarily planned that way, but Today was The Day, so when i couldn't find the meeting near me, I just buckled down and joined online. So far, so good. I have almost 200 pounds to lose, but I'm focusing only on my 10% right now- I want to hit that by my birthday on Sept. 19!

I was completely OP today- even earned a couple of activity points walking the dog. Yay me!

TKM, my best friend just joined WW in College Station, and is going to Schlitterbahn this month. She's a brave girl to go to the Land of Temptation so soon after joining.

I look forward to talking to everyone! Have a good day!
Old 07-10-2005, 04:16 PM   #10  

Hi Freedom! Congrats on joining WW today; I've never done the online thing, so it will be interesting to hear your comments.

My husband and I are Aggies, so we are very familiar with College Station---too many long nights there!

There was an article in the Waco Tribune today about 'tips and tricks for Schlitterbahn'......nothing really new--just common sense. I'm hoping to go there next summer--I just can't go public in a bathing suit, or even shorts until I'm under 200lbs. I know that's psychotic, but it's my own little hangup!

Good luck to all of us this week!
Old 07-10-2005, 10:35 PM   #11  

Default Thank you all!

Hi all! My name is Kimberly, a 21 year old college student from Texas. I joined the WW program last Tuesday. So I've almost completed my first week! and I can't believe how easy it has been so far! (We'll see how it goes when I have my first weigh in on Tuesday. haha) Anyway, I am so glad I found this forum because you have fired me up! And Curvychick, all I have to say, is WOW. Congrats to everyone. I actually have 100 pounds to lose but only listed my goal weight as 170 on my tracker. I consider that my acceptable weight. Anything below that is going to be so great! I am starting at 253.4. You know, skinny people don't understand that when you start out with a number like that, 225 feels skinny. haha But anyway, I'm rambling....thanks to you all! Look forward to posting and reading more from you all! Gotta go get my rest....My first workout at Curves is tomorrow morning...I'm ready to pump some iron! lol
Old 07-11-2005, 07:48 AM   #12  

Morning everyone and welcome F&L and Kimberly! Good Luck - YOU CAN DO IT!
Woooosh.....made it through another weekend! They are the toughest for me because my husband is home and it seems all we do is run! Which usually means FAST FOOD! We did go to Burger King Saturday and I got the garden sald and added the "grilled shrimp". It was very good. Also made a DQ run with him, the kids, and my in-laws! I took a diet ice tea and drank that while they downed the ice cream. Friday I did get a baby cone, but still came within my points!
Well the boss is on vacation so I am filling in everyday this week so if I want paid I better get to work and get payroll faxed in!
8 days till vacation for me! Yipppeeee

Take care and everyone have a great day!
Old 07-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #13  

Hello everyone.. Doing WW. I just started it last week. I was doing well on the program too.. and then the weekend hit!

Didn't have that great of a weekend as far as the program is concerned. Went to the movies with hubby and had popcorn and soda. Then my husband BBQed and I had 2 turkey bacon burgers... bad girl.. I know. But the good news is that I exercised over the weekend and today.

Tomorrow is weigh in day (Tuesday) and to be honest I am extremely scared to get on the scale tomorrow because I don't want to see it go up although I know it probably will... I feel a little bad about that, but not terrible because I know if I keep exercising and getting right back on track when I mess up that I will see a change.

My exercise is very good. I have been using my treadmill, going to the YMCA and using their equiptment (treadmill, stationary bike), and doing Curves a few times a week. Plus I do Yoga and walk the mile circle in the park.

CurvyChick thank you so much for sharing on the other thread. You really gave me inspiration that I really needed. Congratulations on your 10% goal. Excellent!

SpecialK How did Curves go ? I go at least 3 times a week. I find though that even when I went to Curves 5 days a week I still had to do extra workouts to really loose.

Congrats to everyone for doing so well !

Lo
Old 07-11-2005, 07:17 PM   #14  

Default Grilled shrimp, excercise and getting re-motivated

Welcome SpecialK and good luck with Curves tomorrow. Welcome too, to you Lolita!

Lolita, I think you are doing great with your exercise. Every other time I've been on WW, I've started with the diet first, then added exercise. Since those times didn't 'take', this time (back in December) I started with exercise first. I really didnt do WW until April of this year. Once I started working out, I wasn't willing to 'ruin' all that sweating with bad food, so I did cut back and make better choices. THEN I threw in the WW program. MY POINT with this rambling is that even tho I wasn't OP back then, I was still losing weight and headed toward a better lifestyle, simply b/c of the workouts---so don't underestimate the power of a good sweat!

Having said all of that, I'm in the middle of a slump--I've got the munchies BAD.........for some bizarre reason, I've had my period for 9 days........it came 12 days early and has moved in for the summer. So I'm tired, cranky and could really use a good glass of wine about 1pm every day! I'm counting all of my points, but it's not pretty. Tomorrow, however, is another day.......it's WI day and I really hope I don't chicken out........
Old 07-11-2005, 09:42 PM   #15  

13 hours after my thread ........................ROUGH Day!!!! Did I mention that I work in a candy store!!!! Yep a great big chocolate store and I had a terrible day! AHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm so angry with myself!
I "sometimes" just loose total control when I am there. Then I punish myself by not eating anything for lunch and dinner. This happens like once a week for me!
Sorry for the tantrum..................
Closed Thread