Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 01:19 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Jun 27/05

How was everyone's weekend? The weather started out bad here, but improved a little. Played a little golf, saw 2 plays, and sang in a concert. It was a busy weekend, but fun.

Speaking of the 2 plays--is there a trend now for young women to accentuate a little roll of fat above their waistlines??? I ask because I went to these plays and the younger women (~ 20-30 years old) all had a fat pouch just above their waists and they wore tight tops that basically pointed right at the fat area. I don't get it. It just looked awful. Do you know what I'm talking about?

I was doing all right in the food area till Sunday afternoon when we decided to go to Bennigan's. I ate a good dinner, but then DH and I split "Death by Chocolate." Oh well, back to the drawing board today.

Pam, I'm not interested in Mr. and Mrs. Smith; the premise is sort of stupid anyway. Regarding the dress code. Folks here had let it get out of hand, so HR put out some clothing guidelines. Most people just laughed, but actually there were some who needed to heed it. There have been women wearing midriff-baring shirts, guys with jeans with holes and frayed bottoms, rubber flipflops. They looked pretty sloppy. Wearing hose in the summer in Florida is just not smart.

lala, are you feeling better, i.e. less blue?

Pam, Melissa, Hi
Old 06-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hi y'all.

Lisa -- yuppers. Its all about how much you can pooch. I can't believe it. If you wear a 24W, you really should be wearing low rise jeans and a crop top. I don't care if they make things big, it just ain't right.

We had a decent weekend. Stayed downtown on Saturday night, went to the Pride Parade where we saw entirely too many people who should have covered up and I'm not a prude. We sat next to these three guys who were just like us -- saying -- "why are so many people tatooed" etc.. However, it was a very nice bunch of folks over all.

I must be a big old fuddy duddy these days.

Did some gardening, cleaning and sorting, read a bunch, went to the farmer's market and speed walked around our local 3 mile lake on saturday am. It was great and very aerobic.

This week is crazy, I have a bunch of folks coming out for an agency wide planning meeting. I am running around getting logistics set up.

Tonight, I'm going out for Indian food and to see the new Judy Dench movie - Ladies in Lavender with a group of ladies at work. Should be fun.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend! I'm really going to try and do a better job this week with my eating, journalling and water intake.

lala
Old 06-27-2005, 09:46 PM   #3  

Hi ladies,

It was a pretty quiet weekend for me. The weather was just too hot and humid to do much of anything. Yesterday we stayed in the living room with the AC blasting and alternated between watching the LPGA open and the Red Sox. Things are pretty quiet at work which is very nice.

Lisa I know what you mean about the little fat pouch. Unfortunately I've noticed it on some of Lauren's friends. Not very flattering. Did you catch any of the womens open this weekend? Morgan Pressel is a pretty impressive young woman.

Lala how was Ladies in Lavender?? I like Judy Dench very classy. I also don't see the attraction of tattoes. Yuck...I guess I'm turning into an old fuddy duddy too.

Well it's close to 10 pm so I guess I should turn off the computer and get ready for bed. Hope you all had a nice day...talk to you tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:43 AM   #4  

Good morning. This is Day #2 of my "endless summer". All is well. I could get used to this!

This morning was weigh-in. We are not pleased. Yesterday I was at 155 and this morning - 159. S**** it -- I'm recording 155. I can't believe I put on 4 lbs yesterday, particularly since I ran 5 k, did some walking and worked around the house. I'm looking at this as a water blip. If it's not gone tomorrow, I'll change the number.

Pam: We had the same kind of weekend. Extremely hot and humid. There's no happy medium, it seems, as far as our weather goes.

Lisa: I've noticed the belly roll phenom too. On some folks, it's cute. On others, well, not so much.

lala: How was the movie? I like Judy Dench too.

Hi Melissa.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:34 AM   #5  

Pam, I'm glad work has calmed down a little. So summer has arrived, huh? Thanks for confirming what I thought about the tummy rolls--yuck. Yes, I watched some of the Open; I did not see the last day. All of those women are something else. Meanwhile I played golf and did very poorly, so I blamed the hot, humid weather.

Susan, I don't know if you remember, but the same type of thing happened to me a couple months ago. I weighed myself then went to a meeting and was 6 pounds over that. I am positive that the receptionist read the scale incorrectly. Our scale at home is very accurate. Congrats on your loss so far--great!

lala, yes, tell us about the movie. I also like Dench. I'm with you on the tattoos; they're not flattering especially on women. The ones I really don't like are the ones on the lower back--they're always huge. Just wait till they're all in the 70's! Ha! The tattoo will be on the tush.

Hi, Melissa.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:42 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Well 2 down and 2 to go for our orientation programs. We have a little "breather" in between with the 4th of July holiday but our plan is to continue like it's next week so we don't get behind. The good part is that I was able to get a lot of things done last week so this week shouldn't be quite so bad.

The dress code is always interesting here in the summer--some areas actually wear shorts because of the heat and the type of work that the office does and others are a little more dressy. Me, I kind of lean toward the casual end with sandals, no hose; I haven't seen crop tops here but I know some of the student workers wear them. Our office has a "dress code" for the students--no short shorts, etc. It always amazes me when I see people wearing the crops who have no business even having one in their possession, lol.

Pam: I don't know if your weather is like ours but it's been hazy, hot, humid since last Friday and it's getting old really quick! The heat doesn't agree with me. DH got sick last night and I think it's from the heat. We have a/c in the house but going in and out takes its toll after a while.

Lala: How are things with you??

Susan: I don't even want to get on the scale with the heat/humidity along with my horrible eating this past week. We went out for my b-day on Saturday and DS #1 and I shared a dessert that I'm sure took every one of my available points for the week! We laughingly said ours was taking the longest because it was big...we were right. Anyway, the celebrations are done and I'm trying to refocus and not dwell on the past week. The water weight will disappear--you're doing great with the running.

Lisa: I chuckled when I read your post about the girls with the tops that show off the fat pouch and the equally tight tops that emphasize every roll. I often think about how the girls who can wear those types of clothing don't and the ones who shouldn't do! It's kind of like the low-rise jeans that show the butt when they bend. I wonder if they realize what it looks like. I love your analogy about the tattoos on the back One of the girls in my office has one and she's on the larger size. Oh well to each his own. How's the weather down in FL? I'm sure it's just as warm as here.

I can't remember if I posted this or not, but DS #1 finally got his cast off and he's using his wrist more--it's going to take some time for him to get all of his flexibility back but he's well on his way. I'm just glad it's off with this hot weather we're having.

Stay cool everyone!
Old 06-28-2005, 12:16 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi everyone.

Melissa -- Yikes. How about wearing a thong and bending over and showing your tattoo and everything else. I have experienced that in the recent past. I'm working through it thank you very much. I'm not sure therapy is in order yet, but maybe.

I'm okay. Really busy with work, learning new stuff, figuring out how to make things work more efficiently with all this data. We're getting better day by day without our jacques and roya. DP did pick jacques up from the vet yesterday. We're going to scatter part of him in the ppatch, part to berkeley and part to the queen charlotte islands. He loved all three of those places. Roya goes right into the iris bed, not much of a traveller that cat.

Glad to hear DS#1 is on the mend. I would be going crazy if I was him.

Lisa -- the analogy is quite true. In the 80's one of my friends got a tattoo on her boob. The tattoo artist said to her -- "you're in your twenties and that tattoo is fine, when you are in your 40's it'll be about 4" lower". I think she was right, but honestly, I only saw it once and that was enough for moi.

The movie: I quite liked it. Maggie Smith is an amazing actress and so is Dame Judy Dench. They were so elegant and emotional. The scenery was great, the story was lovely - it was hard to see a character who had never experienced love. I would give it two thumbs up.

Susan -- Take the 155 weight. I would.

Pam -- Yech on the weather. I'm sorry it is awful. You can come here. The high is 67 with partly sunny afternoon.

Okay, for you shopaholics out there. L'occitane is having a big sale. I just got email.

l'occitane link

Okay, back to work. Had a great in control day yesterday. I'm hoping for one today even if I am hosting 17 folks from all over the country and they want pizza for lunch.

lala
Old 06-28-2005, 04:06 PM   #8  

It's 86 here today and hazy. We've had so much rain, it's unbelievable. DH is getting over a cold (what a poor patient he is--geezh!)

Oh yes, all of these gross sights going through my brain (tattoos, thongs and butts--oh my).

lala, why do they always order pizza for those lunch meetings. Your weather is very pleasant.

Melissa, hooray for DS getting the cast off! Oh well, it was your birthday, that's all right. You'll get back on track.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:49 AM   #9  

Another rainy day in store; I'm growing webbed feet!

Well, yesterday, I had a good day points-wise until I got home! I had bought Tostitos with lime flavoring (why did I buy them?) and I almost ate 1/2 a bag.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:14 AM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! The weather continues to be hazy, hot, humid--it's supposed to break over the weekend so we're really hoping for that!

My eating hasn't been pretty and my journal pages are pretty much blank this past week...today begins a new week for me and with that a new resolve to keep my journal and to try and get in my 8 good health habits. I've been slacking and need to get back in the saddle

Lisa: We could really use the rain here--last night we had a little bit but not enough to bring the grass back to life.

Lala: Yes, some things that we have the privilege of seeing might just require some therapy Your weather sounds perfect!

Pam & Susan: Hi!

I'll check in later--I'm on a roll this morning in the office getting things caught up. My boss decided to take Wed-Friday off so that means I can get quite a bit done without interruptions.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:18 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies,

Not too much going on here. The weather is still hot and humid with no end in sight.

Lisa my DH is just getting over a really bad cold. What an awful time of year to get one. I think it's from always being in air conditioned buildings, everything is closed up and germs are running rampant. You made my mouth water reading about your lime flavored tostitos!

Melissa glad your DS got his cast off. My journalling has been pretty good lately, the good thing about this hot, humid weather is that it seems to be lessening my appetite.

lala I checked out the l'occitane link. I've never purchased from them. Do you use there products? What would you recommend. I'm looking for a new face moisturizer specifically one with vitamin E. Any suggestions??

Hi to Susan.

I think its time to heat up my lunch. I have a healthy choice mac and cheese on the menu for today with a tossed salad. Talk to you ladies tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:19 PM   #12  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Busy with my programmer brain trust that I am hanging out with this week. They are supposed to call me before they go out to lunch. I think they are so wrapped up in their stuff, they forgot. Oh well. At least I have a low point lunch planned.

Lisa- Yum. I am with you. I did the same on Saturday with some light potato chips that thankfully were 6 pts a bag. But still.

Melissa -- You can come visit. Its lovely here.

Pam -- I like the verbena stuff. I used to love their shampoo, but they keep on changing it. I don't know if there is store near you, but if so, go check it out.

I am using a l'oreal moisturizer I bought in France in December in desperation. I may get some more in October. I also like cetaphil, that is what my dermatologist recommended.

Last night I went with the gang to a local resto and had two lemon blackberry martinis and a sensible dinner. I was quite tired when I got home and fell into bed at 9:00. It was still light out. Tonight, I am going to beg off and go home and clean up and get ready for my next set of guests...

Hi Susan!

Any fun plans for the 4th?

lala
Old 06-30-2005, 08:28 AM   #13  

Hi all. I've given in and moved the marker back to 159. If it's water, it is making a permanent home in my body Of course, I have allowed the gain to get to me and have been eating too much.

DH gets back tonight after two weeks in Nanaimo, Victoria and Vancouver. It is pouring rain this morning. That's actually good after all of the steamy weather we've had this week. Perhaps it will be decent for tomorrow's 10km Run for Canada event. I will be running alone (actually, with my ipod); none of my runner friends have signed up for this one.

I'm happy to say that my time off (started this week) has been used productively so far. The house hasn't been this clean in a long, long time, and I've been able to keep up with the yard work too in DH's absence. We had a tree planted yesterday to replace the one lost in Hurrican Juan two years ago. It's not very big, but they assure me it will grow quickly.

Any plans for your long weekend?
Old 06-30-2005, 08:55 AM   #14  

Good to hear from you, Susan. Don't get discouraged; you're on the right track.

Plans for the weekend? Well, I have to work tomorrow, but then I plan to see a high school play (Kiss Me Kate). On the 4th, we may just go to our town's little celebration and then watch the fireworks.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:31 AM   #15  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Susan, please don't get discouraged. I'm glad that DH is on his way back from our left coast. Did you tell him not to bring you home Nainaimo bars? Good luck on your run. Crossing my fingers for a cool run tomorrow.

Lisa - I have out of town guests who are high maintenance, but we're only going to see them tomorrow night for dinner and sunday for brunch. We have a 40th bd to go to Sunday. Monday we may try and get some work/work done as both of us have to leave town at the end of next week and have scads to do. We'll definitely bbq/bake a cherry pie and go watch fireworks that night. I am hoping to get some sleep. It was hot (64 -- I am not kidding, we're wimps) last night and I was quite restless.

Hi to Pam and Melissa!

I would like to report a small victory of sorts today. I went to the gym, my trainer was late (missing my appointment). Instead of going right up and doing cardio, I did the whole weight shebang for 40 minutes including crunches and lunges. I would have opted out for a nice long elliptical session, but I'm seeing good results from the weights, so I figured I'd carry on.

Well time to go see if my IT infrastructure compadres are here and organized.

lala
Closed Thread